mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-08, 16:38   #34
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
@project_admins: I have two ISP's here, Verizon, and Charter. Charter has issues in that I cannot access Prof Caldwell's top-5000 site to report primes. My Verizon account is not working and the earliest that a Verizon Tech will be here is five days away. The problem lies in the wiring from my house box to their big dsl cloud in the sky.

The outcome of this is that I need a version of the old port 9000 with the clean-up work on it that I can just run like before.
Well, right now we have PRPnet G2000, which is loaded with non-top-5000 doublecheck work right now (k=300-400, n=300K-350K). Since (if memory serves) you're already set up for PRPnet, that might be what you're looking for.

BTW: do you know what kind of issues are preventing you from accessing the top-5000 site through Charter? Is it having trouble resolving the domain in DNS? If so, that can probably be fixed by plugging in an alternate DNS server.

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2009-07-08 at 16:39
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 17:48   #35
Mini-Geek
Account Deleted
 
Mini-Geek's Avatar
 
"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

17·251 Posts
Default

In case you want to try accessing directly by IP: primes.utm.edu is 208.87.72.63
Mini-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 22:38   #36
Brucifer
 
Brucifer's Avatar
 
Dec 2005

1001110012 Posts
Default

it's a route issue. Can't even get it doing the ip address thing. Impossible to talk to the help desk folks as they just work from their canned worksheet, then get pissed, etc. One of the benefits of all this offshore/outsourcing crap in this country.

@max, I'll see if I still have a prpnet thing on one of these systems to give that a whirl and see what happens. Thnx
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 19:50   #37
Zachariassen
 
Apr 2009

2·32 Posts
Default

I just build me another quad and I thouht I should try a little bit noprimesleftbehind...
...but I ran into some minor problems here...
I have tried several servers - nplb-gb.1.no-ip.org, noprimeleftbehind.net, llrnet.noprimeleftbehind.net and nplb.ironbits.net - but I only get 'unknown host' every time I tries...
Clearly I'm doing something wrong here... but what ??
Zachariassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 21:10   #38
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariassen View Post
I just build me another quad and I thouht I should try a little bit noprimesleftbehind...
...but I ran into some minor problems here...
I have tried several servers - nplb-gb.1.no-ip.org, noprimeleftbehind.net, llrnet.noprimeleftbehind.net and nplb.ironbits.net - but I only get 'unknown host' every time I tries...
Clearly I'm doing something wrong here... but what ??
First of all, nplb-gb1.no-ip.org (not nplb-gb.1.no-ip.org) is down ATM, so you won't get anything there for now. nplb.ironbits.net (a.k.a. llrnet.noprimeleftbehind.net) is up; I can access it without a problem at http://nplb.ironbits.net/. Are you trying to connect to it through the LLRnet client, or with a web browser?

One thing to note: nplb.ironbits.net, noprimeleftbehind.net, and llrnet.noprimeleftbehind.net all point to the same IP address. While they will lead to different web pages if visited with a browser, the LLRnet client can use any of them interchangeably. (In fact, by extension, any of the other domains hosted on David's server will work in the client, too: ironbits.net, free-dc.org, stats.free-dc.org, etc.)

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2009-07-20 at 21:11
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 22:18   #39
Zachariassen
 
Apr 2009

228 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
First of all, nplb-gb1.no-ip.org (not nplb-gb.1.no-ip.org) is down ATM, so you won't get anything there for now. nplb.ironbits.net (a.k.a. llrnet.noprimeleftbehind.net) is up; I can access it without a problem at http://nplb.ironbits.net/. Are you trying to connect to it through the LLRnet client, or with a web browser?
Thanks for the answer mdettweiler
I tried to connect though the LLRnet client.
I have changed the 'llr-clientconfig.txt-file like this:
-- server location
server = "nplb.ironbits.net"
-- server = "noprimeleftbehind.net"
-- server = "llrnet.noprimeleftbehind.net"
-- server = "nplb-gb1.no-ip.org"
-- server = "llrnet.ironbits.net"
port = 5000
I've tried all of these servers and the last one was 'nplb.ironbits.net' - still 'unknown host'...
I have to say that I run nplb on two other computers, and on them I use the 'nplb.ironbits.net'-server... works like a charm there...
Zachariassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 23:38   #40
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

141518 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariassen View Post
Thanks for the answer mdettweiler
I tried to connect though the LLRnet client.
I have changed the 'llr-clientconfig.txt-file like this:
-- server location
server = "nplb.ironbits.net"
-- server = "noprimeleftbehind.net"
-- server = "llrnet.noprimeleftbehind.net"
-- server = "nplb-gb1.no-ip.org"
-- server = "llrnet.ironbits.net"
port = 5000
I've tried all of these servers and the last one was 'nplb.ironbits.net' - still 'unknown host'...
I have to say that I run nplb on two other computers, and on them I use the 'nplb.ironbits.net'-server... works like a charm there...
Hmm...weird. Just on a hunch, is the computer in question using Linux? Specifically, a Debian- or Red Hat-based distro of Linux?
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 04:41   #41
Zachariassen
 
Apr 2009

2×32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Hmm...weird. Just on a hunch, is the computer in question using Linux? Specifically, a Debian- or Red Hat-based distro of Linux?
Yes - Linux Ubuntu 9.04 (64-bit)
Zachariassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 11:15   #42
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

141518 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachariassen View Post
Yes - Linux Ubuntu 9.04 (64-bit)
Okay, try using 98.174.238.119 as the server address and see if that works.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 11:43   #43
Zachariassen
 
Apr 2009

2·32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Okay, try using 98.174.238.119 as the server address and see if that works.
YESSS !!!!
It works
Thanks mdettweiler - much appreciated - again... thanks
Zachariassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 11:54   #44
AMDave
 
AMDave's Avatar
 
Jan 2006
deep in a while-loop

2×7×47 Posts
Default

I run several Linux servers and workstations and I do not have that issue.
I think that your server entry is incomplete as you do not have the "www." precedent in front.
It should be
Quote:
server = "www.noprimeleftbehind.net"
The IP address is not likely to change soon but using the correct server name is preferred in case that should happen.
If you can spare the time to do a test with this server name it would be much appreciated.

Last fiddled with by AMDave on 2009-07-21 at 11:56
AMDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some old stuff Batalov Miscellaneous Math 1 2017-01-27 04:56
Stuff for sale fivemack Lounge 12 2011-06-12 11:28
useful stuff paulunderwood Linux 3 2005-12-05 22:18
Free stuff... Xyzzy Software 6 2004-10-06 13:35
Extra Stuff... Xyzzy Lounge 11 2003-09-15 23:22

All times are UTC. The time now is 01:58.

Wed Apr 8 01:58:36 UTC 2020 up 13 days, 23:31, 3 users, load averages: 2.31, 2.19, 2.05

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.