mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-09-07, 00:41   #12
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

112010 Posts
Default

26T-30T complete

Doing up to 34T and shall make some test.

Lennart
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs9-26T_30T.txt (612 Bytes, 110 views)
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 15:44   #13
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

25×5×7 Posts
Default

p=33994197134077, 121846722 p/sec, 21 factors, 99.9% done, 1560 sec/factor
sr2sieve 1.8.10 stopped: at p=34000000000000 because range is complete.
Found factors for 21 terms in 32796.706 sec. (expected about 20.50)


Lennart
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs9-30T_34T.txt (714 Bytes, 106 views)
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 17:41   #14
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

25·5·7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Well, everyone, we're in luck: I never actually loaded the candidates into the server yet (got swamped with other work). I'll wait until we're all sure the sieving is done before loading anything.

On another note: do we want to clear out the stats for port 1300 (I think there was some old junk in there from the previous base 2 drive) before starting the new effort? Likewise for port 1400? I can save off a "snapshot" of the stats for posterity before doing so.

Also, I fully intend to upgrade both the PRPnet servers when I load new work in them.

You can start loading s9 now when all factors are removed.

Time we save by sieving more is zero in my point of view.

Lennart
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-07, 21:49   #15
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

11000011010012 Posts
Default

OK, I've removed all the factors for 2T-34T from the S9 sieve file. The p=34T file is attached.

I'll be loading this file into port 1300 shortly, after I've cleared out the old stuff in there and upgraded it to 5.3.2.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sieve-sierp-base9-1.5M-2M_34T.txt (74.2 KB, 106 views)
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 20:16   #16
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

46016 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
OK, I've removed all the factors for 2T-34T from the S9 sieve file. The p=34T file is attached.

I'll be loading this file into port 1300 shortly, after I've cleared out the old stuff in there and upgraded it to 5.3.2.
I am sieving this base higher and post the factors here.

Lennart
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 04:41   #17
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

100011000002 Posts
Default

Factors for 34T-40T

Lennart
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs9-34T_40T.txt (1.0 KB, 100 views)
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 14:25   #18
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

25×5×7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Nice work Max in getting these taken care of. Please also remove the P=34T-40T factors and send an updated file to me.

Lennart, are you done sieving S9?

I am now stickying this thread since it is ready for business.

No. It need to be sieved higer. I will soon be done with 40T-45T and i'll start 45T-50T after that.

Lennart
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 15:04   #19
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

25×5×7 Posts
Default

40T-45T done

Lennart
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs9-40T_45T.txt (714 Bytes, 110 views)
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 19:46   #20
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

101001000100102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
You can start loading s9 now when all factors are removed.

Time we save by sieving more is zero in my point of view.

Lennart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
No. It need to be sieved higer. I will soon be done with 40T-45T and i'll start 45T-50T after that.

Lennart
I'm confused. The time saved by sieving is zero but it needs to be sieved higher? lol

I think that Max would not have loaded the file if it needed to be sieved further. If you are going to continue to sieve, I will remove the file from the server.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 20:31   #21
Lennart
 
Lennart's Avatar
 
"Lennart"
Jun 2007

112010 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
I'm confused. The time saved by sieving is zero but it needs to be sieved higher? lol

I think that Max would not have loaded the file if it needed to be sieved further. If you are going to continue to sieve, I will remove the file from the server.

At the n-level we are at now we are ok but we do not have a optimal sieve for 1.9M.

I would not have load all at once I should have loaded 1.5M-1.6M
and continue to sieve

There is another problem also. what type of CPU shall I use when comparing time ?

If I use my AVX core I think I could stop now but if I use a time from a 3Ghz none AVX I need to sieve more.

Lennart
Lennart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 07:17   #22
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

1051410 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
At the n-level we are at now we are ok but we do not have a optimal sieve for 1.9M.

I would not have load all at once I should have loaded 1.5M-1.6M
and continue to sieve

There is another problem also. what type of CPU shall I use when comparing time ?

If I use my AVX core I think I could stop now but if I use a time from a 3Ghz none AVX I need to sieve more.

Lennart
Max has made me aware of the way PrimeGrid/PSP does sieving/testing on things at the same time, which we have not done in the past at NPLB/CRUS. From this point on, I will defer to our searchers with such experience when determining how far to sieve and when to start testing. For this, I'll defer to your knowledge on the topic. What would PrimeGrid do?

I feel that technically what we should do is use the type of machine that will be most used for sieving for a sieving rate and the type of machine that will be most used for testing in the future for a testing rate.

One question for you: As a simple example, let's say that we only loaded n=1.5M-1.6M into the server. Would you still continue to sieve n=1.5M to 2M further or would you only sieve n=1.6M-2M further?
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mandela effect, general discussion and how would you study it scientifically? jasong Lounge 12 2018-04-15 05:13
General factoring algorithms not using sieving mickfrancis Factoring 21 2016-02-22 19:38
General Unix job-scheduling discussion pinhodecarlos Software 19 2014-04-17 15:04
What about general purpose sieving of k*b^n+/-1? jasong GPU Computing 1 2012-04-03 10:52
Sieving Discussion ltd Prime Sierpinski Project 26 2005-11-01 07:45

All times are UTC. The time now is 20:42.


Fri Oct 15 20:42:24 UTC 2021 up 84 days, 15:11, 0 users, load averages: 2.39, 2.09, 2.03

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.