mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet

Old 2014-02-05, 22:30   #1
Chuck

May 2011
Orange Park, FL

2×3×151 Posts
Default MISFIT uploads failing to PrimeNet

My MISFIT uploads stopped working Wednesday afternoon. The login to PrimeNet fails. On the HTLM of the PrimeNet page in the MISFIT web log it says "Please log in to see your account summary"
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 23:24   #2
flashjh

"Jerry"
Nov 2011
Vancouver, WA

1,123 Posts

I'm having the same problem, nothing is working since all the awesome updates to the website.

Edit: I've posted to the MISFIT thread and sent Scott and email.

Last fiddled with by flashjh on 2014-02-05 at 23:29
flashjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 00:00   #3
Chuck

May 2011
Orange Park, FL

11100010102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashjh View Post
I'm having the same problem, nothing is working since all the awesome updates to the website.

Edit: I've posted to the MISFIT thread and sent Scott and email.
My last MISFIT upload just completed successfully; it must have been fixed.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 01:13   #4
swl551

Aug 2012
New Hampshire

23×101 Posts

Ok, I can confirm there are lots of issues here.

When fetching work..
1. The login completes OK
2. The request for work has three failure points
a. My logged in session appears to be gone and I think my results are being assigned to anonymous
b. There is an error on the page
Quote:
Undefined variable: t_user in C:\v5\www\manual_assignment\default.php on line 98
3. The results page changed in such a way that MISFIT no longer finds the right section of the HTML to parse out the factors.

So the MISFIT request for work is allocating factors, but they are lost due to page errors/changes.

When submitting work:
1. The login page is failing to log the user in
2. It is sporadic
3. when it does login, MISFIT uploads are fine.

Chuck has already confirmed sporadic upload completion.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I also read a note from someone else stating that the pages were loosing the sessions/cookies after login.

Until the site has resolved its issues it is unclear if I have to change MISFIT at all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	193
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	10749  
swl551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 01:16   #5
flashjh

"Jerry"
Nov 2011
Vancouver, WA

46316 Posts

Sounds good, I'll monitor for changes/updates.
flashjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 01:22   #6
swl551

Aug 2012
New Hampshire

23·101 Posts

I have switched to fetching work from GPU72 until GIMPS site is fixed. I was running low and didn't hear MISFIT alarming because my GIMPS PC has no speakers on it. Eventually I would have gotten the work-low email though.
Old 2014-02-06, 02:12   #7
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

29·277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swl551 View Post
Until the site has resolved its issues it is unclear if I have to change MISFIT at all.
MISFIT will require work. I've unwound changes to manual assignment and results pages pending a new version of MISFIT.

1) You cannot use the old login page/mechanism to login to the new pages.
Go to http://mersenne.org/manual_assignment/default_new.php. Login on that page (it will keep you on that page). Then get your assignments.

2) Same login issue with the results page. If you are parsing the results from that page, go to http://mersenne.org/manual_results/default_new.php to see what the page outputs.

I'll fix the t_user error on line 98 that you reported (attempt to get an assignment when not logged in).
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 02:26   #8
swl551

Aug 2012
New Hampshire

80810 Posts

Will ...default_new.php be the permanent URLs or will I do my dev work against them and synchronize a MISFIT release with the URL cut over?
Old 2014-02-06, 02:42   #9
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

2·5,059 Posts
Default Oh no! PrimeNet just commited suicide...

Are we supposed to see this, or I mistakenly found a debug link?

Code:
DEBUG: MODULE GIMPS/0.95_common_app.inc.php reporting
DEBUG: MODULE GIMPS/0.95_ar2_app.php reporting
DEBUG: MODULE GIMPS/0.95_cpu_credit.inc.php reporting
DEBUG: MODULE manual_testing.inc.php reporting
PrimeNet Report Manual Result(s)

Please consider logging in before reporting your results. Failure to do so may mean you get no CPU credit for the top producers listings.
   Upload your results file (if using prime95 the file is named results.txt)
Filename:   Or enter your results here (roughly 4KB limit):
     DEBUG: ODBC: DSN v5primenet COMMIT SUCCEEDED
DEBUG: ODBC: DSN v5primenet DISCONNECTED
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 02:43   #10
Prime95
P90 years forever!

Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

29×277 Posts

Those are not the permanent URLs.

I'm no web genius. If there is something easy I can do to make the transition smoother, let me know.
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 02:57   #11
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

1011810 Posts

We are not web geniuses either, and if we say something, reporting some bug, making some fun, etc., we are trying to help, not to confuse or blame. If we succeed to confuse the things more, is because we are ourselves confused. We really appreciate the efforts and the people who are doing those efforts. Sorry if we made you feel otherwise. If we can help in any way, please say so.

OTOH, our Misfit continued to report till late last night at 2:15AM (our time, gmt+7, about 8 hours ago) every hour, but then it could not report for few (~4) hours. It started again (valid report at ~6:40AM our time (gmt+7)) and it is running (i.e. it can report results correctly, including factors found) since. If the times can be of any help (you know what you did with the page in this time) we can provide them more accurate.

We think is something related to the login process, as we need to relogin every time we switch from the "old format" to the "new format". As long as we follow links to the same format, we stay logged in.

[edit: we remember we tested in the past the front page (account summary, etc) from James, it was nicer than the current one, beautiful graphics, much faster loading. We even had some arguments about displaying the percentiles as integer We like to see 100%, and not 99.78%, hehe. Maybe you can substitute the actual page with it, or provide a complete separate link and have two copies for a while? The wisdom is that you should not change the page as long as it is working, you should provide a complete separate stuff, and use them in parallel till the new one works at least as well as the old one, or you don't get any visits to the old one anymore. I still have the link to James' stuff, but I don't know if I am allowed to make it public]

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2014-02-06 at 03:07
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote