mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-08-02, 15:56   #45
ric
 
ric's Avatar
 
Jul 2004
Milan, Ita

2·107 Posts
Default ftree file from stage 2 overloads trash in Colab

Started testing 30.9 b1 on a couple of Colab instances on 13M PRP-CF exponents (10 curves, B1=50000, B2=15000000) and noticed soon a large <exp>.ftree file (~1.2GB) during stage 2 of each curve.

When stage 2 is completed, the <exp>.ftree file gets deleted and moved to the Trash folder - exhausting soon the 15GB space limit. Once proper debugging is done, would it be possible to truncate that file to zero- or minimal-length, prior to deletion?
ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-02, 16:12   #46
Prime95
P90 years forever!
 
Prime95's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

11111011010002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric View Post
Started testing 30.9 b1 on a couple of Colab instances on 13M PRP-CF exponents (10 curves, B1=50000, B2=15000000) and noticed soon a large <exp>.ftree file (~1.2GB) during stage 2 of each curve.

When stage 2 is completed, the <exp>.ftree file gets deleted and moved to the Trash folder - exhausting soon the 15GB space limit. Once proper debugging is done, would it be possible to truncate that file to zero- or minimal-length, prior to deletion?
Good suggestion.

In the meantime, set EcmSaveFtreeToDisk=0 in prime.txt
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 11:08   #47
bayanne
 
bayanne's Avatar
 
"Tony Gott"
Aug 2002
Yell, Shetland, UK

1011001012 Posts
Default mprime?

In amongst everything else would you be willing to upgrade mprime to 30.9 so I could run ECM, please ...
bayanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 11:53   #48
kriesel
 
kriesel's Avatar
 
"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

3×2,293 Posts
Default

George already has posted both Windows and Linux builds
at https://mersenneforum.org/showpost.p...4&postcount=10 in this thread, and pointed to by both
https://www.mersenneforum.org/showpo...35&postcount=1 (Announcements) and
https://www.mersenneforum.org/showpo...77&postcount=1 (prime95/mprime intro) in the reference info.

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2022-08-09 at 11:58
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 12:12   #49
bayanne
 
bayanne's Avatar
 
"Tony Gott"
Aug 2002
Yell, Shetland, UK

3×7×17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
George already has posted both Windows and Linux builds
at https://mersenneforum.org/showpost.p...4&postcount=10 in this thread, and pointed to by both
https://www.mersenneforum.org/showpo...35&postcount=1 (Announcements) and
https://www.mersenneforum.org/showpo...77&postcount=1 (prime95/mprime intro) in the reference info.
I just wondered about mprime which I use with a Mac
bayanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-12, 01:40   #50
James Heinrich
 
James Heinrich's Avatar
 
"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

3,851 Posts
Default

Nothing specific to v30.9, problem has likely existed for a long time, but a user pointed out to me that Prime95 reports TF-F results incompletely:
{"status":"F", "exponent":512792989, "worktype":"TF", "factors":["10621798844143574859209"], (etc)

What's missing is bitlo, bithi, rangecomplete keys, it should look like this:

{"status":"F", "exponent":512792989, "worktype":"TF", "factors":["10621798844143574859209"], "bitlo":73, "bithi":74, "rangecomplete":false, (etc)

TF-NF results should still include the same 3 keys with "rangecomplete":true.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 03:11   #51
congsz
 
congsz's Avatar
 
"Cong Shengzhuo"
Sep 2021
Nanjing, China

37 Posts
Default

Does v30.9 mean faster ECM?
Personally, I'm quite determined to see if we can reach <200 unfactored exponents per 10K range for small exponents, and the first range with >=200 unfactored is 2.22M. But the P-1 bounds of 2.22M is high enough, and there is no need to re-P-1. (See this factoring effort page.)
So I am hoping if someone can help doing ECM in the range with the benefits from v30.9.

Last fiddled with by congsz on 2022-08-16 at 03:12
congsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 04:37   #52
Denial140
 
Dec 2021

33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by congsz View Post
So I am hoping if someone can help doing ECM in the range with the benefits from v30.9.
I have occasionally been doing ECM in this range for a while - I have not submitted all my work yet, but I will soon have most exponents in the range to t25. If you wish to start towards t30 (i.e. B1=250000) on those already with t25 (see this report), I'd be happy to coordinate more on the t30 once I have finished off t25.
Denial140 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 04:47   #53
Prime95
P90 years forever!
 
Prime95's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

175508 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by congsz View Post
Does v30.9 mean faster ECM?
Yes.
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 05:10   #54
congsz
 
congsz's Avatar
 
"Cong Shengzhuo"
Sep 2021
Nanjing, China

37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denial140 View Post
I have occasionally been doing ECM in this range for a while - I have not submitted all my work yet, but I will soon have most exponents in the range to t25. If you wish to start towards t30 (i.e. B1=250000) on those already with t25 (see this report), I'd be happy to coordinate more on the t30 once I have finished off t25.
I am currently focused on my P-1 work, so I think I will only have a quick ECM try in ONE exponent during this few months. I pick M2222219, which has completed to t25. I will work on it until it reached at least t35.
I don't quite understand the mechanism of ECM. If I want to reach t35 on the exponent, should I pick B1=250000, complete 640 curves, and then pick B1=1000000 and complete 1566 curves? Or just choose B1=1000000 from the start of my work?
Another question: Is the ECM B2 in v30.9 determined automatically (like P-1 B2 in v30.8) or manually? If manually, how would I choose B2?
congsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 05:26   #55
Prime95
P90 years forever!
 
Prime95's Avatar
 
Aug 2002
Yeehaw, FL

175508 Posts
Default

Like P-1, prime95 ECM will choose B2 automatically. To simplify matters I'd just start with B1 = 1000000. Depending the B2 chosen by prime95 will determine the number of curves that need to be run. It will be much less than 1566.

Last fiddled with by Prime95 on 2022-08-16 at 05:26
Prime95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
That's a Lot of Users!!! jinydu Lounge 9 2006-11-10 00:14
Beta version 24.6 - Athlon users wanted Prime95 Software 139 2005-03-30 12:13
For Old Users Citrix Prime Sierpinski Project 15 2004-08-22 16:43
Opportunity! Retaining new users post-M40 GP2 Lounge 55 2003-11-21 21:08
AMD USERS ET_ Lounge 3 2003-10-11 16:52

All times are UTC. The time now is 19:31.


Thu Oct 6 19:31:44 UTC 2022 up 49 days, 17 hrs, 0 users, load averages: 1.18, 1.21, 1.11

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.

≠ ± ∓ ÷ × · − √ ‰ ⊗ ⊕ ⊖ ⊘ ⊙ ≤ ≥ ≦ ≧ ≨ ≩ ≺ ≻ ≼ ≽ ⊏ ⊐ ⊑ ⊒ ² ³ °
∠ ∟ ° ≅ ~ ‖ ⟂ ⫛
≡ ≜ ≈ ∝ ∞ ≪ ≫ ⌊⌋ ⌈⌉ ∘ ∏ ∐ ∑ ∧ ∨ ∩ ∪ ⨀ ⊕ ⊗ 𝖕 𝖖 𝖗 ⊲ ⊳
∅ ∖ ∁ ↦ ↣ ∩ ∪ ⊆ ⊂ ⊄ ⊊ ⊇ ⊃ ⊅ ⊋ ⊖ ∈ ∉ ∋ ∌ ℕ ℤ ℚ ℝ ℂ ℵ ℶ ℷ ℸ 𝓟
¬ ∨ ∧ ⊕ → ← ⇒ ⇐ ⇔ ∀ ∃ ∄ ∴ ∵ ⊤ ⊥ ⊢ ⊨ ⫤ ⊣ … ⋯ ⋮ ⋰ ⋱
∫ ∬ ∭ ∮ ∯ ∰ ∇ ∆ δ ∂ ℱ ℒ ℓ
𝛢𝛼 𝛣𝛽 𝛤𝛾 𝛥𝛿 𝛦𝜀𝜖 𝛧𝜁 𝛨𝜂 𝛩𝜃𝜗 𝛪𝜄 𝛫𝜅 𝛬𝜆 𝛭𝜇 𝛮𝜈 𝛯𝜉 𝛰𝜊 𝛱𝜋 𝛲𝜌 𝛴𝜎𝜍 𝛵𝜏 𝛶𝜐 𝛷𝜙𝜑 𝛸𝜒 𝛹𝜓 𝛺𝜔