mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Sierpinski/Riesel Base 5

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-09-25, 20:27   #1
em99010pepe
 
em99010pepe's Avatar
 
Sep 2004

2·5·283 Posts
Default To geoff

geoff,

sr5sieve 1.2.3 is always crashing on my AMD64. I think it's a memory issue.

Carlos

Last fiddled with by em99010pepe on 2006-09-25 at 20:28
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 21:04   #2
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

22·31·41 Posts
Default

Which build are you using? And what is your OS version?
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 21:33   #3
em99010pepe
 
em99010pepe's Avatar
 
Sep 2004

1011000011102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn1 View Post
Which build are you using? And what is your OS version?
sr5sieve-1.2.3-mingw32-i686
WinXP SP1
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 12:05   #4
em99010pepe
 
em99010pepe's Avatar
 
Sep 2004

54168 Posts
Default

Funny, sr5sieve-1.2.3-mingw32-i586 is running quite stable.
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 19:27   #5
em99010pepe
 
em99010pepe's Avatar
 
Sep 2004

2×5×283 Posts
Default

I think the problem was the installation of the Spyware Doctor. Now everything is running ok.
Sorry Geoff, my fault.

Carlos
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 22:32   #6
geoff
 
geoff's Avatar
 
Mar 2003
New Zealand

22058 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by em99010pepe View Post
I think the problem was the installation of the Spyware Doctor. Now everything is running ok.
Sorry Geoff, my fault.

Carlos
I think you found a real bug, but it only occurs when a factor is found within one second of starting. It only affects version 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 because I changed the code to print the status line as soon as a factor is found, earlier versions never reported until at least two minutes has passed. The trap location you gave me was enough to track it down, and it should be fixed in version 1.2.5.

Thanks!
geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 22:38   #7
em99010pepe
 
em99010pepe's Avatar
 
Sep 2004

54168 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff View Post
I think you found a real bug, but it only occurs when a factor is found within one second of starting. It only affects version 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 because I changed the code to print the status line as soon as a factor is found, earlier versions never reported until at least two minutes has passed. The trap location you gave me was enough to track it down, and it should be fixed in version 1.2.5.

Thanks!
Oh!

Carlos
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redo TF: set of 50: first = 5987903 [user = geoff] GP2 Completed Missions 3 2003-11-27 08:19

All times are UTC. The time now is 02:11.


Thu Aug 5 02:11:13 UTC 2021 up 12 days, 20:40, 0 users, load averages: 3.34, 3.67, 3.45

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.