mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-11-20, 23:17   #111
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

114A16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masser View Post
I like lycorn's metrics:

224 100K ranges cleared, out of 600: 37.33%
17 1M ranges cleared, out of 60: 28.33%
1 10M range cleared, out of 5: 16.67%
Agreed....I watch at every level all the way to 999M.
I just focus my efforts below 59.9M.
I am sure that 90M+ will take care of itself with the standard work.
Between 59.9M and 89.9M there are only 16 ranges; some of which are being worked on.

As well I know there are some 0.1M ranges that I will NOT complete because they would require excessive effort.
However, I do intend to clear every 1M range … if I live that long :P
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 03:54   #112
masser
 
masser's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
wear a mask

26448 Posts
Default

Less than 2 million unfactored in the 2 < p < 10^8 range!

See: https://www.mersenne.ca/status/tf/0/0/2/0
masser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 04:42   #113
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

2·2,213 Posts
Default YAY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by masser View Post
Less than 2 million unfactored in the 2 < p < 10^8 range!

See: https://www.mersenne.ca/status/tf/0/0/2/0
Our first 100M Range cleared.
And these 10M ranges: 50M, 60M, 70M, 80M and 90M
These 1M ranges: 0M, 1M, 2M, 44M, 46M, 47M, 49M, 50M to 98M, 332M, 875M, 977M.
The 0.1M ranges (my ultimate goal) are too numerous to list here.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 08:57   #114
lycorn
 
lycorn's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Oeiras, Portugal

2×19×37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post

First and foremost no toe-stepping. Don't grab already assigned exponents. However, since some of us are working N/A (Not Assigned) we need to let each other know where we are working as such.
Since anyone is welcome to help out anywhere definite coordination is required here.
I am currently TFing the 19M range from 69 to 70 bits. Progressing from "top to bottom", the sub ranges 19.9 to 19.6 are already at 70. I´ve found 76 factors so far. No immediate plans to stop, I´ll let you know from time to time where I´m standing.

This contributes to petrw1´s sub-project and is also part of something I´ve been monitoring over the last couple of months or so: the elimination of all exponents < 1G TFed to less than 70 (either by finding a factor or by just upping the TF level to >= 70 bits). There are people working actively in the 68 bit level, as well as some work on 64->65 and 65->66. SInce the 24th of September, 7991 were "eliminated", there are currently 384843 to go. The average bit level for those exponents is currently 68.4944 bits.
lycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-03, 23:34   #115
Gordon
 
Gordon's Avatar
 
Nov 2008

1F516 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycorn View Post
I am currently TFing the 19M range from 69 to 70 bits. Progressing from "top to bottom", the sub ranges 19.9 to 19.6 are already at 70. I´ve found 76 factors so far. No immediate plans to stop, I´ll let you know from time to time where I´m standing.

This contributes to petrw1´s sub-project and is also part of something I´ve been monitoring over the last couple of months or so: the elimination of all exponents < 1G TFed to less than 70 (either by finding a factor or by just upping the TF level to >= 70 bits). There are people working actively in the 68 bit level, as well as some work on 64->65 and 65->66. SInce the 24th of September, 7991 were "eliminated", there are currently 384843 to go. The average bit level for those exponents is currently 68.4944 bits.
Come down to the sub 1M playing field :-)
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-04, 07:16   #116
lycorn
 
lycorn's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Oeiras, Portugal

25768 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Come down to the sub 1M playing field :-)
I am playing there already...
Found 68 new ECM factors since last March. Nothing to write home about, but...
lycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-07, 18:59   #117
masser
 
masser's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
wear a mask

22·192 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
First and foremost no toe-stepping. Don't grab already assigned exponents. However, since some of us are working N/A (Not Assigned) we need to let each other know where we are working as such.
A few recommendations:
1. What you are working on can be noted here with a post
2. There is another thread specifically for P-1 coordination: https://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?p=530775
I am using my two slow GPUs to TF the "tentpoles" of this project, the 100K ranges that have over 2200 unfactored exponents remaining. Currently, they are working the 17.0M range. Once that range is under 2200 unfactored, I'll move the GPUs to 15.5, 10.7 and/or 14.0.

I'm still using my i5 cpu to P-1/ECM the 2.6M and 2.8M ranges, as noted in the redoing P-1 thread.

Last fiddled with by masser on 2019-12-07 at 19:00
masser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 18:57   #118
lycorn
 
lycorn's Avatar
 
Sep 2002
Oeiras, Portugal

2×19×37 Posts
Default

Yesterday I finished the 19M range (69 -> 70 bits). 218 factors found.
On to 18M. 18.9 already under way.
lycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 19:24   #119
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

114A16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycorn View Post
Yesterday I finished the 19M range (69 -> 70 bits). 218 factors found.
On to 18M. 18.9 already under way.
:YAY:
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-21, 01:55   #120
petrw1
1976 Toyota Corona years forever!
 
petrw1's Avatar
 
"Wayne"
Nov 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada

442610 Posts
Default 2020-01-20 Update...a big month

19 more ranges cleared: 2.6, 2.7, 5.3, 30.7, 31.7, 34.0, 36.0, 36.3, 36.6, 37.8, 39.0, 40.7, 41.5, 42.3, 43.1, 43.2, 447, 46.5, 49.8
And 2 bonus ranges (I dabble a bit in the 60M ranges too): 63.1, 63.7

140 total ranges cleared or 28.17%
22 Ranges with less than 20 to go.

2,520 more factored (20,330 total)....36.81% total factored.

Continuing to get lots of great help. THANKS

Thanks again for everyone contributing.
petrw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-25, 18:02   #121
masser
 
masser's Avatar
 
Jul 2003
wear a mask

101101001002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masser View Post
I am using my two slow GPUs to TF the "tentpoles" of this project, the 100K ranges that have over 2200 unfactored exponents remaining.
Change of plans. I will finish the 17.0 M range, but then move on to LLTF due to the great demand for that work currently. My GPUs will move back to the "under 20M unfactored" project once the LLTF effort is more comfortably ahead of the first time LL/PRP wavefront.
masser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thinking of Joining GPU to 72 jschwar313 GPU to 72 3 2016-01-31 00:50
Thinking about lasieve5 Batalov Factoring 6 2011-12-27 22:40
Thinking about buying a panda jasong jasong 1 2008-11-11 09:43
Loud thinking on irregular primes devarajkandadai Math 4 2007-07-25 03:01
Question on unfactored numbers... WraithX GMP-ECM 1 2006-03-19 22:16

All times are UTC. The time now is 10:04.

Tue Oct 27 10:04:38 UTC 2020 up 47 days, 7:15, 0 users, load averages: 2.12, 1.75, 1.66

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.