mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Data > mersenne.ca

Old 2021-09-02, 11:00   #672
axn

Jun 2003

120378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethTro View Post
I was wondering if it would be possible when looking at a comparison with X days ago to link to the report_factors when I click on the factored column? e.g. https://www.mersenne.org/report_fact...xp_lo=14600000
+1. In theory, this should be as simple as linking to factors found report with exponent range and date range filled out, but with both start date and end date so that it covers all possible deltas. However not sure if both server follow the same calendar day (UTC-based?). If not, there might be discrepancies.

Last fiddled with by axn on 2021-09-02 at 11:03
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-02, 11:31   #673
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

66608 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethTro View Post
I was wondering if it would be possible when looking at a comparison with X days ago to link to the report_factors when I click on the factored column?
Done.
James Heinrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 00:45   #674
masser

Jul 2003
wear a mask

7·13·19 Posts

Cool updates to mersenne.ca recently!

... but something's not quite right.

There is no exponent at the 70 bit level; not sure how that got there today.
masser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 00:56   #675
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

DB016 Posts

There was some internal inconsistencies for a handful of exponents, which I have partially fixed, but I need to do some further walking through to make everything sane again. I will look at that tomorrow.
Old 2021-09-03, 05:32   #676
SethTro

"Seth"
Apr 2019

5608 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Heinrich View Post
Done.
Thanks! This is helpful for tracking down who's all working on what ranges for TWOK.
SethTro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 06:44   #677
Zhangrc

"University student"
May 2021
Beijing, China

109 Posts
Default Decreasing bit levels??

Is that possible?
It seems really strange, because I couldn't find a single one in https://www.mersenne.org/report_factoring_effort/.
Is it a bug?
@James Heinrich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	25599  

Last fiddled with by Zhangrc on 2021-09-03 at 06:48
Zhangrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 07:52   #678
axn

Jun 2003

3·17·101 Posts

Quote:
Done.
Couple of suggestions:
1) The links should be there only when the delta feature is used. i.e. Don't linkify when just viewing the status.
2) The link should only be there on the +x column (when viewing delta). We don't need it on the other columns.
3) External links such as these (including the first column which links to factoring limits when viewed at lowest granularity) should open in a new window.

Bug:
The link should be composed of from date = delta lower date + 1, and to date = delta upper date. If the delta upper date is implicit (i.e. today's date), it still should be put in the url. That way, the delta number will match the actual factor count seen at mersenne.org.

EDIT:-
Bug 2: CTRL+Clicking on the link opens the mersenne.org in a new tab, but also (unwantedly) drills down on the report.

Last fiddled with by axn on 2021-09-03 at 08:01
Old 2021-09-03, 08:09   #679
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

9,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhangrc View Post
Is that possible?
It technically can happen if some work is erased from the db, like for example, when a guy is caught cheating and his results are purged. Hopefully is not the case here.

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2021-09-03 at 08:10
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-03, 12:00   #680
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

24×3×73 Posts

Quote:
I need to do some further walking through to make everything sane again. I will look at that tomorrow.
I believe I have reset the TF level for the affected exponents as it should be. The status report will correct itself at the next overnight update (sometime after midnight UTC)

Last fiddled with by James Heinrich on 2021-09-03 at 12:02
Old 2021-09-03, 13:21   #681
James Heinrich

"James Heinrich"
May 2004
ex-Northern Ontario

24·3·73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
Couple of suggestions:
1) The links should be there only when the delta feature is used. i.e. Don't linkify when just viewing the status.
2) The link should only be there on the +x column (when viewing delta). We don't need it on the other columns.
Bug: The link should be composed of from date = delta lower date + 1, and to date = delta upper date.
Bug 2: CTRL+Clicking on the link opens the mersenne.org in a new tab, but also (unwantedly) drills down on the report.
Fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
3) External links such as these (including the first column which links to factoring limits when viewed at lowest granularity) should open in a new window.
I'm not a fan of forcibly spawning new tabs -- if the user wants a new tab they can easily ctrl+click the link, but if the new tab is forced and the user wants the link to open in the same window, there is no equivalent override.
Old 2021-09-03, 14:04   #682
axn

Jun 2003

3×17×101 Posts

Quote:
Fixed

Ok, a new "sorta" bug. The total line also has a link. The exponent range there is not correct. If that can be fixed, it would be logically complete. Only sorta bug because mainly the focus is on the detail lines. But still, nice to fix that.

Also, I just realised that the delta count won't exactly match factors found because of a) Second and subsequent factors and b) composite factors. But overall, it looks good.

Quote:
I'm not a fan of forcibly spawning new tabs -- if the user wants a new tab they can easily ctrl+click the link, but if the new tab is forced and the user wants the link to open in the same window, there is no equivalent override.
I am sure I can offer some arguments to try to persuade you, but with the other bug fixed, CTRL+click is now perfectly serviceable.