mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet > GPU to 72

Old 2020-05-14, 06:45   #1
prism019

"Prism Daymon"
May 2020

1 Posts
Unhappy Unable to log into my account

Hi all!

I created an account a month ago using a password manager to generate my password. I then tried to log in and it wouldn't take my credentials. I emailed the contact address on the site the same day but never got a response back. The username is the same as on this forum. Can I have my password reset, and have it clearly stated what the password requirements are?

Thanks,
Prism
prism019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-14, 13:53   #2
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

11×761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prism019 View Post
I created an account a month ago using a password manager to generate my password. I then tried to log in and it wouldn't take my credentials. I emailed the contact address on the site the same day but never got a response back. The username is the same as on this forum. Can I have my password reset, and have it clearly stated what the password requirements are?
The admin for GPU72 stated elsewhere he thinks he may have had a glitch with his email provider.
He will see this.
Both the user name and the password are case sensitive. Other than that, when I signed up, no requirement for special characters or number or upper case for name or password. If you used a phone and predictive text was on, sometimes that adds a space if you accept a word.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-14, 14:20   #3
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

23×17×67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prism019 View Post
Hey. Interestingly, you are the second person in 24 hours who need to reset their password. I *really* need to add this functionality to the GPU72 web interface...

But, in the immediate term... Could you please create a new GPU72 account at the signup form, using a similar username as what you want to be reset? And then PM me to let me know? No need to respond to the automated confirmation email (which is working again, BTW).

I'll then move the password hash over to your original account, and you'll be able to access GPU72 again.

BTW, I don't think I received the email you mentioned. I do get a lot of spam, although almost all email sent to the contact address goes into my main folder unfiltered.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote