Reply-To: davidmoyes2019@aol.com

Quote:
SHIPMENT OF YOUR CONSIGNMENT TRUNK BOX
From Mr. David Moyes
Head Officer-in-Charge
Administrative Service Inspection Unit
P.O. Box 20509 Atlanta, GA 30320.

I am David Moyes, Head of Inspection Unit United Nations Inspection
Agency in Harts field-Jackson International Airport Atlanta, Georgia.
I came across an abandoned consignment box weighing approximately
242.508IBS and it had your details on it. Fortunately after a scan, it
revealed that the content of the box is some amount of money. By my
assessment, the box contains about 8M USD or more.

As I write, the box is in airport storage facility. The Consignments
like I said is a metal trunk box weighing about 242.508IBS (Internal
dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm) effective Capacity: 680 L)
Approximately. The details of the consignment including your name,
address and email on the official document from United Nations' office
in London where the shipment was tagged as personal effects/classified
document is still available with us. As it stands now, you have to
reconfirm your Full name, address and Phone Number, so I can
cross-check and see if it corresponds with the one on the official
document. It is now left to you to decide if you still need the
consignment or allow us repatriate it back to United Kingdom (place of
origin) as I was instructed.

Warm regards,

David Moyes,
Head Officer-in-Charge,
Administrative Service Inspection Unit.
P.O. Box 20509 Atlanta, GA 30320.
Email: mrdavidmoyes02@gmail.com
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-11, 04:49   #365
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

232618 Posts

@Scammer:

Dude! You gotta be kidding!

This is the bait. What is the switch?

Last fiddled with by kladner on 2020-05-11 at 04:53
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-11, 05:36   #366
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

10101101000102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
This is the bait. What is the switch?
There is no switch. There is nothing.

It's just a basic advance fee fraud. Please confirm who your are (to make you feel it must be legit since they aren't sending it to someone else). Then please send us money to facilitate something (paperwork clearance, or whatever other nonsense they can think of). Then send us more money to facilitate something else. Repeat until you run out of money or stop responding.

If you want to play one of these scammers out, then send them false details about who your are, from a fresh email address. They will say your details are confirmed then they will ask for money.

Last fiddled with by retina on 2020-05-11 at 05:37
retina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-11, 12:23   #367
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

52×131 Posts

As indicated here, this one has been making the rounds for a couple of years. The sender's name has been changed since that one was posted. The erroneous space in the airport name "Hartsfield-Jackson" has not been corrected in the interim. A number of odd capitalizations also remain. Perhaps readers who don't notice things like that are more likely to fall for the con. Also, the address being a P.O. box does not ring true. It rings more like an alarm bell.
Quote:
From Mr. Allen Beneth
Head Officer-in-Charge
Administrative Service Inspection Unit
P.O. Box 20509 Atlanta, GA 30320

ATTENTION: I am Mr. Allen Beneth Head of Inspection Unit United Nations Inspection Agency in Harts field-Jackson International Airport Atlanta, Georgia. During our investigation, I discovered An
abandoned shipment through a Diplomat from United Kingdom which was transferred from JF Kennedy Airport.
The old version hinted more directly at its advance fee fraud nature:
Quote:
The consignment was abandoned because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal Effect/classified document to either avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent or confiscation by the relevant authorities. The diplomat's inability to pay for Non Inspection fees among other things are the reason why the consignment is delayed and abandoned.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-27, 18:47   #368
Chuck

May 2011
Orange Park, FL

22·11·19 Posts

Here is today's offering

Quote:
U.B.A BANK NEW YORK USA
1 ROCKEFELLER PLAZA, 8TH
YORK,NY 10020
Tel:+1 646-561-9648

ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY

This is to officially inform you as the recipient of this email that you are among the [100] one hundred individuals from different countries who were victims of various West African Scam selected to be compensated with the sum of $1,000,000.00 [One million USD] each as instructed by World Bank in conjunction with Africa Union [AU] to redeem the image of West African governments/countries where the scam were perpetrated as a result of the protest letters by Int'l communities to World Bank and Africa Union regarding the act of scam against their citizens by West Africans. United Bank for Africa New York USA is one of the banks appointed by World Bank and Africa Union to facilitate payments to verified victims through their email addresses.

As instructed by World Bank that the aforementioned sum should be released to beneficiaries through de-personalized international acceptable ATM VISA CASH CARD or Cheque/ International Bank Draft to access the $1,000,000.00 compensation amount within any part of the World by each individual beneficiary of the program from the account linked with the Cards, you are therefore, required to re-confirm / submit your personal information which should include the address where the ATM VISA CASH CARD should be delivered to you as thus:

You are advised to contact ALHAJI JASSIM MOHAMMED of United Bank for Africa, as he is our representative in West Africa, Nigeria ,contact him immediately for your Cheque/ International Bank Draft of US$$1,000,000.00 one million United States Dollars Only. This funds are in a Bank Draft or ATM VISA CASH CARD for security purpose ok? so he will send it to you and you can clear it in any bank of your choice there in your country
without any problem,

Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone number/your correct mailing address where you want him to send the Draft to you. Contact United Bank for Africa immediately for your Cheque:

Person to Contact MR. ALHAJI JASSIM MOHAMMED
Email: alhajijassimmohammed1211@gmail.com
His Telephone Number +234- 8183298398

As the coordinator of this payment in the bank appointed by United Bank for Africa management, you are strictly advised to forward the above listed information of your person to my direct email address to make the task of ensuring that the process of making payments to beneficiaries / your person is easier as you are also advised, to limit your communication to me alone to enable me give proper account to the concerned authorities and to prevent over ambitious individuals in and outside the bank from taking undue advantage of you.

Yours faithfully

Mr. Lee Pete
United Bank for Africa
New York USA
Branch/ Payment coordinator
el:+1 646-561-9648
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-27, 21:30   #369
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

5·7·283 Posts

Quote:
This is to officially inform you as the recipient of this email that you are among the [100] one hundred individuals from different countries who were victims of various West African Scam.....
We are here to Save You from Scammers!

Last fiddled with by kladner on 2020-05-27 at 21:32
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-29, 11:21   #370
Chuck

May 2011
Orange Park, FL

22×11×19 Posts

Hola señor

Quote:
Hello,

My name is Francis Santana Bowles, I am an Attorney in Spain, with law licence number 66879, practing in Madrid..

I want to let you know that I have a financial transaction that will benefit you and me.

My reason for contacting you is for you to act as the relative to a late client and help me secure the funds left behind by my late client in the bank to avoid it being confiscated or seized by the bank here in Spain.

Please,If you are ready and willing to work with me, kindly get back to me for more details.

Contact me immediately: Info@mavesubert.eu

Regards,
Francis Santana Bowles
Madrid- Spain.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-29, 11:45   #371
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

52·131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Here is today's offering
Quote:
His Telephone Number +234- 8183298398
This is kinda weird: I'm not up on these things, but 234-818-329-8398 looks like an international phone number -- country code, 3-digit area code, 7-digit phone number. Now 234 is the country code for Nigeria. (Gee, there's a shocker!) But as far as I've looked, the area codes in Nigeria (except for the toll-free area code 806) are 1 or 2 digits, not three digits. (So to call the US Embassy in central Abuja from the US, you would dial 011-234-09-461-4000.) The 011 is the "exit code" for calls going outside the US.

Ignoring the 234, the US 3-digit area code 818 is for Los Angeles, and 818-329-8398 is a US Mobility number in Van Nuys.

The US 3-digit area code 234 is for northeast Ohio.

In theory, someone could simply dial the given number to see what happens. In practice, this hypothetical "someone" will not be me.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote