mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Riesel Prime Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-21, 19:09   #67
MooooMoo
Apprentice Crank
 
MooooMoo's Avatar
 
Mar 2006

2·227 Posts
Default

This is a bit old, but Rieselsieve found a million+ digit prime a month ago:

http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=85221

Unfortunately, their website, http://www.rieselsieve.com/ , appears to have been down for the past two weeks.
MooooMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 13:36   #68
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

2,801 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooooMoo View Post
This is a bit old, but Rieselsieve found a million+ digit prime a month ago:

http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=85221

Unfortunately, their website, http://www.rieselsieve.com/ , appears to have been down for the past two weeks.
yes, i noticed this prime first in the Top-5000 database.

see http://www.rieselprime.org/RieselProblem.htm too
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 14:51   #69
Cruelty
 
Cruelty's Avatar
 
May 2005

2·809 Posts
Default

WOW!
Cruelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 14:15   #70
Cruelty
 
Cruelty's Avatar
 
May 2005

2·809 Posts
Default

According to PrimeGrid news they have found a new "321" prime. This will most likely put RPS on the 7-th place in terms of score...
Cruelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 11:06   #71
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

3·11·307 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruelty View Post
According to PrimeGrid news they have found a new "321" prime. This will most likely put RPS on the 7-th place in terms of score...

At this point, I thought that Primegrid would get full credit for the prime. I think the 321search project stopped at n=5M. (Anyone know for sure?)

You are correct, RPS lead over 321search is 4993-2608 or a 2385 difference. Assuming half-credit, it would take a prime with a score of 4770 for 321search to overtake RPS, which an exponent of n=~5.4M should be.

But I'm sure it wouldn't take long for RPS to hop back into 6th again.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 14:50   #72
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo
 
mdettweiler's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
At this point, I thought that Primegrid would get full credit for the prime. I think the 321search project stopped at n=5M. (Anyone know for sure?)

You are correct, RPS lead over 321search is 4993-2608 or a 2385 difference. Assuming half-credit, it would take a prime with a score of 4770 for 321search to overtake RPS, which an exponent of n=~5.4M should be.

But I'm sure it wouldn't take long for RPS to hop back into 6th again.
I hear PrimeGrid has now held off on 3*2^n-1 for the time being--now they're doing 3*2^n+1 until it's caught up with the former. So, that's probably what they found, in which case they would get full credit, because 3*2^n+1 is a project they're doing all on their own.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 21:16   #73
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

107618 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I hear PrimeGrid has now held off on 3*2^n-1 for the time being--now they're doing 3*2^n+1 until it's caught up with the former. So, that's probably what they found, in which case they would get full credit, because 3*2^n+1 is a project they're doing all on their own.
http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=85438
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 10:35   #74
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

2,801 Posts
Default

another one from Benson: 9*2^2060941-1 http://primes.utm.edu/primes/page.php?id=85462
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 21:19   #75
Kosmaj
 
Kosmaj's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

2·1,811 Posts
Default First primes with more than 10M digits

Two new, huge Mersenne primes!

2^43112609-1, 12978189 digits, found on August 23
2^37156667-1, 11185272 digits, found on September 6
Kosmaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 03:22   #76
Kosmaj
 
Kosmaj's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

2×1,811 Posts
Default New Gen Woodall Record

Congrats to Hugo (p237) on the new GW record!

189620*19^189620-1 (242483 digits).
Kosmaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 08:32   #77
Cruelty
 
Cruelty's Avatar
 
May 2005

110010100102 Posts
Default

The first non-Mersenne megaprime from Curtis Cooper
Cruelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mersenne Primes p which are in a set of twin primes is finite? carpetpool Miscellaneous Math 3 2017-08-10 13:47
Distribution of Mersenne primes before and after couples of primes found emily Math 34 2017-07-16 18:44
Conjecture about Mersenne primes and non-primes v2 Mickey1 Miscellaneous Math 1 2013-05-30 12:32
A conjecture about Mersenne primes and non-primes Unregistered Information & Answers 0 2011-01-31 15:41
possible primes (real primes & poss.prime products) troels munkner Miscellaneous Math 4 2006-06-02 08:35

All times are UTC. The time now is 05:43.

Sat Jun 6 05:43:01 UTC 2020 up 73 days, 3:16, 0 users, load averages: 0.82, 0.99, 1.05

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.