mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2011-04-29, 06:10   #56
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(3,3^1118781+1)/3

22·37·61 Posts

Ahem, I thought that the traditional name of the thread was "Severe outrages", wasn't it?
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 06:13   #57
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2·5·1,013 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batalov View Post
Ahem, I thought that the traditional name of the thread was "Severe outrages", wasn't it?
Lol, I don't remember that. Regardless I'm having an outrage right now.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 08:08   #58
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2·5·1,013 Posts

I'm even more enraged now. After Dave got on EasyDNS, he said it appeared that I hadn't paid the annual fee. But I paid that back in Feb. before the Mar. 1 due date but they aren't showing it on their site. I even have an Email receipt for the payment.

I'm at a loss and tired and going to bed now. I guess the servers will just have to be inaccessable until I can call them and get it straightened out. It'll probably be early afternoon Friday before I can see what is going on. Max, if you have any ideas, please let us know.

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2011-04-29 at 08:25
Old 2011-04-29, 11:52   #59
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3·2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
I'm even more enraged now. After Dave got on EasyDNS, he said it appeared that I hadn't paid the annual fee. But I paid that back in Feb. before the Mar. 1 due date but they aren't showing it on their site. I even have an Email receipt for the payment.

I'm at a loss and tired and going to bed now. I guess the servers will just have to be inaccessable until I can call them and get it straightened out. It'll probably be early afternoon Friday before I can see what is going on. Max, if you have any ideas, please let us know.
What the heck?!? Okay, that's strange. I'm going to log into the EasyDNS website myself now to see if I can figure out what's up.

Meanwhile, sorry about the conflicting messages; I at first thought I already had the EasyDNS password, so I sent you the "all OK" message under the assumption that this would be an easy 2-minute fix I could apply myself. It wasn't until after that that I realized it was a little more complex.

Edit: I tried logging into the EasyDNS website with the password you sent me and a variety of likely usernames (gbarnes017, <gbarnes017 at gmail dot com>, etc.) but it was rejected each time. Could you (or Dave, since it sounds like he got in--whichever sees this first) send me the username as well? Thanks.

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2011-05-14 at 06:14 Reason: email address edited
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 17:10   #60
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Okay, I think I see what's up now. For some reason, the domain was never actually transferred to Gary's account at EasyDNS...it's still under IronBits's, just (presumably) with Gary listed as the billing contact. @Gary and Dave, I'll be sending you guys an email shortly with more on this.

@all others: In light of this, I'm thinking it may be a day or two before this is resolved. In the meantime, you can continue to use nplb-gb1.no-ip.org instead of noprimeleftbehind.net to access all NPLB services. Also, Gary and I's email addresses @noprimeleftbehind.net are not affected by this, as they are hosted through Google Apps and thus are independent of IP address changes on Gary's end.
Old 2011-05-01, 15:02   #61
Flatlander
I quite division it

"Chris"
Feb 2005
England

31·67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
...In the meantime, you can continue to use nplb-gb1.no-ip.org instead of noprimeleftbehind.net to access all NPLB services...
Aaargh. Somebody slap me. I thought my PCs were quiet.

Last fiddled with by Flatlander on 2011-05-01 at 15:02
Flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 02:04   #62
AMDave

Jan 2006
deep in a while-loop

2×7×47 Posts

Slap.
AMDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 02:43   #63
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

624910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
Aaargh. Somebody slap me. I thought my PCs were quiet.
FYI, PRPnet allows you to specify backup servers to be used in case the primaries are inaccessible or out of work. I have a few of PrimeGrid's servers in all of my clients set at 0% resource share to cover contingencies like this. (Incidentally, if you have a PrimeGrid BOINC account--which you can set up either via a BOINC client or their web form--they will manually give you BOINC credit on a periodic basis to represent your contributions to their PRPnet servers. Raiders of the Lost Primes is set up there, too, so any credit you earn for "downtime" work can count for the team as well. )

At any rate, it lets your computers continue to do useful work for somebody when our servers are down, even though it's not for NPLB.

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2011-05-02 at 02:45
Old 2011-05-02, 11:46   #64
Flatlander
I quite division it

"Chris"
Feb 2005
England

31×67 Posts

All my backup servers belonged to NPLB.
Old 2011-05-02, 13:45   #65
Flatlander
I quite division it

"Chris"
Feb 2005
England

31×67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
Slap.
And the other one.
Old 2011-05-02, 19:57   #66
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2×5×1,013 Posts

I just sent David (IronBits) an Email and left a message at his number shown on the whois pages. We'll see how that works. Both the Email and phone # are still operational so hopefully they are still valid for him. If I don't hear from him by early Tuesday, I'll call the support number at EasyDNS. I'm sure they have situations like this that come up where no one can get ahold of a previous owner of a Domain so hopefully they can get it transferred to me. If not, we're stuck having to create a new domain name for all of the servers and pages.

What a mess.

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2011-05-02 at 19:58