Old 2010-01-28, 00:48   #78
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

10110101100102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Actually, what might be even better is for me to set up an account on the server itself for Mark. That way he could debug and test the software directly on the machine we're intending to use it on. Thoughts?
That might work.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 23:12   #79
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Windows and Linux client binaries have been posted for version 3.1.5. The main difference between this and 3.1.4 is that now the client ouputs a separate log file listing just its results, along with the time it took to test each one.

Since there were no changes made to prpclient.ini in this version, those upgrading existing clients can just swap out the prpclient binary and leave the rest intact.

Note: despite the fact that this client version is not compatible with our older 2.4.6 servers, I've left those servers configured in prpclient.ini since we'll probably be upgrading those sometime soon (assuming that 3.1.5 checks out in further testing). Until then, the only server these will work with is the G7465 beta test server, which is on 3.1.5. I'd recommend commenting out the other lines for now so that the client doesn't try to fall back on them in case it can't reach port 7465, since that will cause it to waste its time crunching tests that it can't send back to the older server.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:54   #80
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

22×2,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdettweiler View Post
Actually, what might be even better is for me to set up an account on the server itself for Mark. That way he could debug and test the software directly on the machine we're intending to use it on. Thoughts?
Max and I discussed this and I thought it would be a very good idea. Fire away when ready Max.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 21:31   #81
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Hi all,

I've now posted client packages for PRPnet 3.2.0 in the first post of this thread. Note that they are not compatible with 2.4 servers, which includes all of our public servers right now since we're still beta-testing 3.x. This is despite the fact that I included preconfigured server= lines for those servers in the 3.2.0 client packages' prpclient.ini's; I did that so that they'd be all ready to go when we do upgrade our public servers to 3.2 later on. In the meantime, stick with a 2.4 client on those servers; I've added links to download 2.4.6 clients in the first post. (I know 2.4.7 is a little newer, but as I recall I had trouble building Linux binaries for that and ended up "skipping" that version since the changes since 2.4.6 in the client don't really affect NPLB or CRUS. If you want a 2.4.7 client, you can find client packages for it over at the Prime Sierpinski Project forum.)

One other significant change with this release is that I've included the new LLR 3.8.0 in the PRPnet 3.2.0 client packages. (They're not in the 2.4.6 client packages; just swap them out with the latest binaries if you'd like.) LLR 3.8.0, like the latest PFGW and Prime95, uses gwnum 25.13, which gives it a huge speed improvement over earlier versions on non-base-2 numbers, and a smaller but nontheless nonnegligible improvement for base 2. (I don't recall the exact figures off the top of my head.) LLR 3.8.0's input and output follow the same conventions as 3.7.1c, so it's completely cross-compatible as far as PRPnet is concerned.

I've also upgraded the G7465 beta-test server to 3.2.0. Per Gary's request, we'd like to do the first phase of testing it "in-house", with just Gary's clients hammering it, to avoid spreading around any problems if they show up. I'll let you guys know when we're done with that and are ready to open it up to the public.

Max
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote