mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > jasong

Old 2013-08-10, 10:15   #1
jasong

"Jason Goatcher"
Mar 2005

1101101100112 Posts
Default I'm rich AND on a government check.

Months, or maybe more than a year ago, I saw a video that said almost no one identifies themselves as rich. Rich is almost always more than the person asked has.

Thankfully, though, I'm one of the few people on the planet who is rich. I make a 5-figure, mostly government-based income(the left-most digit is a 1 and it's an American dollar amount) and I am most assuredly rich.

I get so many privileges in my lavish lifestyle, it's amazing. I have shelter, I have way more food than I need available. I have access to fresh fruits and vegetables whenever I'm at home. Cold, clean water is almost always available.

Even better are the extra privileges I get. Internet access, which means access to e-books, I don't even need to leave the house to get access to reading material. Youtube access. Pandora access, which means unlimited access to a huge catalog as long as I'm satisfied with not being able to choose the precise song I want.

Yes, I truly live an abundant lifestyle. Makes me feel bad for the millionaires that aren't rich, it's so sad that they need way more money than me to be happy.
jasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 14:24   #2
kracker

"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

27·17 Posts

*sigh* Not at me, but the post and the poster. You lacking self-confidence?
kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 16:18   #3
BudgieJane

"Jane Sullivan"
Jan 2011
Beckenham, UK

17·19 Posts

I don't know about being rich but I'm certainly getting a government check. My government (and yours, probably) keeps checking up on me, and not telling me that they're doing so.

Last fiddled with by BudgieJane on 2013-08-10 at 16:18
BudgieJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 18:20   #4
Brian-E

"Brian"
Jul 2007
The Netherlands

327810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieJane View Post
I don't know about being rich but I'm certainly getting a government check. My government (and yours, probably) keeps checking up on me, and not telling me that they're doing so.
I'm not sure quite why, but your posting, especially your second sentence, sounds so much to me like it's being said by Elizabeth Regina II. (If it is indeed you, your majesty, then I can safely inform you that you are rich.)
Brian-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 18:58   #5
c10ck3r

Aug 2010
Kansas

547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong View Post
Months, or maybe more than a year ago, I saw a video that said almost no one identifies themselves as rich. Rich is almost always more than the person asked has.

Thankfully, though, I'm one of the few people on the planet who is rich. I make a 5-figure, mostly government-based income(the left-most digit is a 1 and it's an American dollar amount) and I am most assuredly rich.

I get so many privileges in my lavish lifestyle, it's amazing. I have shelter, I have way more food than I need available. I have access to fresh fruits and vegetables whenever I'm at home. Cold, clean water is almost always available.

Even better are the extra privileges I get. Internet access, which means access to e-books, I don't even need to leave the house to get access to reading material. Youtube access. Pandora access, which means unlimited access to a huge catalog as long as I'm satisfied with not being able to choose the precise song I want.

Yes, I truly live an abundant lifestyle. Makes me feel bad for the millionaires that aren't rich, it's so sad that they need way more money than me to be happy.
And you do so by burdening the workers, like myself. I've been working 70 hour weeks on others' farms, while paying 30% in taxes. That's 21 hours a week I never see a dime of, working on hourly wages that are short of a McManager's rate.
Your shelter was almost assuredly built by a crew consisting primarily of immigrants, all of whom are willing to work hard manual labor in the hot sun for peanuts, so they can build a better life for themselves and their families. Unless you grow your own produce, it is probably the result of immigrant labor, or imported from developing and underdeveloped countries. You claim to be rich, but nay, to tell the truth you are lazy, and a disgrace to the foundations on which this nation was founded.
c10ck3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 20:11   #6
TheMawn

May 2013
East. Always East.

11·157 Posts

Agreed, Kracker. I don't really understand what this is, if it isn't a complete troll of a post.
TheMawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 21:19   #7
TimSorbet
Account Deleted

"Tim Sorbera"
Aug 2006
San Antonio, TX USA

11·389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10ck3r View Post
And you do so by burdening the workers, like myself...
You (and the other dissenters here) are probably not aware of jasong's work situation (which he's posted about on this forum before), which can be summed up as that mental handicaps (ADD or along those lines) makes it nigh-impossible for him to work. Also, for those not familiar with US money or who had trouble reading his description of his income, US$1x,xxx is a rather small annual amount. And his luxuries are basically things that anyone in a first-world developed nation enjoys. I don't think he's just being lazy, though doubtless some people receiving such checks are. Instead, he's learned to be content in his circumstance, which I find to be a good thing.
TimSorbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 00:05   #8
TheMawn

May 2013
East. Always East.

172710 Posts

If that is the case, then good on him to see the bright side of things.

I have such passionate contempt for welfare pigs that I took a bit of a negative stance on this one. If Jasong is in fact just not able to get work despite his best attempts, then he has my sincerest apologies.

Also +1 for speaking his mind, though it WAS a bit of a strange angle of attack.
TheMawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 00:23   #9
kracker

"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

1000100000002 Posts

Indeed, it just sounds like self-confidence raising gloating than anything else, even whatever the circumstance.
Considering what jasong usually posts, I am inclining to really think so... But hey, who knows.
kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 01:12   #10
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

3·5·739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMawn View Post
Also +1 for speaking his mind, though it WAS a bit of a strange angle of attack.
If nothing else, JasonG speaks his mind. Often from very unusual (and often uncomfortable) perspectives.

One must give him credit for the discussion which results....
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 01:42   #11
c10ck3r

Aug 2010
Kansas

547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Geek View Post
You (and the other dissenters here) are probably not aware of jasong's work situation (which he's posted about on this forum before), which can be summed up as that mental handicaps (ADD or along those lines) makes it nigh-impossible for him to work.
Alas, but I was aware... But, truly, I see no reason why schizophrenia (or a combination of ADHD+Asperger's, whichever we decided it was), should be used as an excuse to not work. Asperger's and schizophrenia both lend themselves fairly nicely to dull, manual labor jobs.

(For the record: my diagnoses over the years have been Manic Depressive Disorder, Asperger's (which I half-heartedly disagree with), ADHD, ADD, some traits of OCD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, bipolar, and MD:NOS. At present, no signs manifest to others while I am off the previous medication and only take a thyroid supplement (after Depakote appears to have screwed up my thyroid)
c10ck3r is offline   Reply With Quote