mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Hardware > GPU Computing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-14, 23:40   #1
Xyzzy
 
Xyzzy's Avatar
 
"Mike"
Aug 2002

1E0F16 Posts
Default GPU for sale

We do not play World of Tanks anymore, so we do not need this GPU any longer. It plays any game we throw at it, at 2560×1440 and max settings, with ease. It is also very nice for CUDA GPU work!

GeForce GTX TITAN - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130897

It has the optional ($60) EVGA 10 year warranty. The 10 year warranty is not transferable but we would be willing to handle returns to EVGA for the buyer in case something bad happens. (In other words, send it to us and we will send it to EVGA for warranty work.)

We are very familiar with this GPU and we are willing to help you get it set up properly.

Please contact us if you have any questions. We would prefer to ship within the United States but we are open to other possibilities.

We have sold things here before and we have references available if needed.

For a mere $700 plus shipping and insurance (USPS) it can be yours!

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 23:48   #2
kladner
 
kladner's Avatar
 
"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

13×769 Posts
Default

Drool....;)..... Down Boy!
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 03:41   #3
Chuck
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
May 2011
Orange Park, FL

86510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
GeForce GTX TITAN - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130897

It has the optional ($60) EVGA 10 year warranty. The 10 year warranty is not transferable but we would be willing to handle returns to EVGA for the buyer in case something bad happens. (In other words, send it to us and we will send it to EVGA for warranty work.)

We are very familiar with this GPU and we are willing to help you get it set up properly.

Please contact us if you have any questions. We would prefer to ship within the United States but we are open to other possibilities.

We have sold things here before and we have references available if needed.

For a mere $700 plus shipping and insurance (USPS) it can be yours!

I bought a GPU from Mike in the past. He is completely reliable.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 08:02   #4
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

2·3·31·47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
For a mere $700 plus shipping and insurance (USPS) it can be yours!
Put me on the list. It won't be used to play tanks, unfortunately... , so, if you are ok with this...
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 20:45   #5
Xyzzy
 
Xyzzy's Avatar
 
"Mike"
Aug 2002

34·5·19 Posts
Default

The GPU is currently enroute to a new home. We are worried that the recipient might use it for nefarious purposes, like poaching milestone-blocking assignments, but we will take anybody's money!

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 21:24   #6
kracker
ἀβουλία
 
kracker's Avatar
 
"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

5·433 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
The GPU is currently enroute to a new home. We are worried that the recipient might use it for nefarious purposes, like poaching milestone-blocking assignments, but we will take anybody's money!

Perhaps. But most likely world dominance so we will have to worship at his feet...
kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 01:44   #7
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter
 
LaurV's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Thailand

2×3×31×47 Posts
Default

You are both right, that is what I will do with it when I will get it, poaching Xyzzy's assignments, and dominating kracker on all top lists... yarrrr...
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 03:29   #8
kracker
ἀβουλία
 
kracker's Avatar
 
"Mr. Meeseeks"
Jan 2012
California, USA

5·433 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
You are both right, that is what I will do with it when I will get it, poaching Xyzzy's assignments, and dominating kracker on all top lists... yarrrr...
GTX Titan won't get too great against a haswell(yeah it will be faster but not much)


EDIT: and I *may* be getting my third haswell soon... ;P

Last fiddled with by kracker on 2014-02-20 at 03:34
kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 03:24   #9
Xyzzy
 
Xyzzy's Avatar
 
"Mike"
Aug 2002

34·5·19 Posts
Default

We have a nice, cool-running and fairly quiet video card for sale. It does about 275GHz/d/d with trial factoring. It has never been overclocked or abused.

GeForce GTX 660TI - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121653

We are very familiar with this GPU and we are willing to help you get it set up properly.

For a mere $125 plus shipping (USPS) it can be yours!

We also have a lightly-used Corsair AX850 power supply for sale. We have downsized our computer to an AX650.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139015
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/AX850/

For a mere $75 plus shipping (USPS) it can be yours!

(Or, buy the video card AND the power supply!)

Please contact us if you have any questions. We would prefer to ship within the United States but we are open to other possibilities.

We have sold things here before and we have references available if needed.

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 11:13   #10
Gordon
 
Gordon's Avatar
 
Nov 2008

1F416 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker View Post
GTX Titan won't get too great against a haswell(yeah it will be faster but not much)


EDIT: and I *may* be getting my third haswell soon... ;P
I'm pretty sure you are joking right?

I7-4770 - gets about 6 days/day of TF (per core) so 24 days in total

GTX-660 - I'm getting 207 days/day of TF
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 11:31   #11
axn
 
axn's Avatar
 
Jun 2003

7×11×61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I'm pretty sure you are joking right?

I7-4770 - gets about 6 days/day of TF (per core) so 24 days in total

GTX-660 - I'm getting 207 days/day of TF
Since the discussion starting with post #5 was about "poaching milestone-blocking assignments", I am guessing he was referring to LL performance.
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For sale allows here? airsquirrels Hardware 8 2017-05-29 05:23
For sale! Xyzzy Lounge 102 2013-09-25 18:58
GeForce GTX 580 for sale TObject GPU Computing 13 2013-05-07 05:59
Stuff for sale fivemack Lounge 12 2011-06-12 11:28
funny ebay sale moo Hardware 2 2005-04-06 23:33

All times are UTC. The time now is 07:55.

Fri Sep 25 07:55:32 UTC 2020 up 15 days, 5:06, 0 users, load averages: 1.76, 1.66, 1.48

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.