Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

29716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryzz View Post
Ctrl-F5 didn't do anything for me.
That should be Shift+F5, since Ctrl+Shift+R also works and Ctrl+R == F5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
I've change from SimpleMathJax V0.8.0 to V0.8.2 and set $wgSmjUseCDN to false.
Please check now.
It works for me on Chromium.

Last fiddled with by Happy5214 on 2021-01-02 at 00:42
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-02, 00:42   #200
henryzz
Just call me Henry

"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

22×13×113 Posts

Quote:
I've change from SimpleMathJax V0.8.0 to V0.8.2 and set $wgSmjUseCDN to false.
Please check now.
Brilliant that has fixed it for me. Thank you
henryzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-28, 01:21   #201
sweety439

Nov 2016

2·3·13·37 Posts

The download link in page srsieve is broken.
Done

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2021-05-28 at 19:29
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-21, 06:52   #202
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

3×967 Posts

I'm planning to make a greater change for the handling with Riesel and Proth templates:
To avoid using two different templates for 'normal' Riesel/Proth numbers (base=2) and General Riesel/Proth numbers (base>2) I will add a new parameter for the base into the templates.
Therefore the page-naming for Riesel/Proth numbers will change, too, including the base, so from "Riesel prime 125" to "Riesel prime 2 125" and from "Gen Riesel prime 5 2" to "Riesel prime 5 2", same manner for Proth side.
This means an easier way in handling those templates (two instead four).
Unfortunately all links to a special k-value outside the Wiki won't work anymore and I will not create any redirects.
This will be done first for the Proth side (small amount of pages), later Riesel side is done.

I've also managed to store information of General Fermat numbers, but still need some more templates (Fermat numbers) and testing, so please don't add more GFN-divisibilites to any Proth number. A test can be seen here to create tables like on prothsearch.com.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-22, 01:13   #203
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

10100101112 Posts

Banning redirects on the Prime-Wiki will not work in the long run.

Aside from that, I have an unrelated question related to the templates. What's the purpose of having the R/P prefix on all of the Riesel/Proth template arguments? It seems superfluous, since its meaning is provided by the template call being used, and it requires extra work to add the prefix letter. Does DPL require all field names to be unique across templates?
Old 2021-06-22, 11:40   #204
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

3·967 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
Banning redirects on the Prime-Wiki will not work in the long run.
Sure, I can... I'm the admin..
There are only a few redirects for some abbreviations like GIMPS.
But I will not include ~2700 redirects for the Riesel number pages when including a "2" as base in the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
Aside from that, I have an unrelated question related to the templates. What's the purpose of having the R/P prefix on all of the Riesel/Proth template arguments? It seems superfluous, since its meaning is provided by the template call being used, and it requires extra work to add the prefix letter. Does DPL require all field names to be unique across templates?
The prefix for any template is for making them unique over the Wiki. There's no extra work for including a "P", the templates are shown in the template prototype page for copy/paste.
To keep them unique is better: have in mind to replace a text of any page with some other text. Say you want to rename a special parameter in all Riesel prime pages, there's a function to do so.
Or including a new parameter, that's what I can do when including the base as new parameter.
Searching for such parameters is another reason. Some templates using the "R" or "P" to make the output depending on the type, too.

I've created a template for "Gerneralized Fermat numbers" to show some data and the dates/names for found factors from "GF Divisor"s.
F(38) is an example with links to the corresponding Proth number and the GF Divisors. Perhaps some more data to show there.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-23, 02:00   #205
Happy5214

"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

3·13·17 Posts

Quote:
Sure, I can... I'm the admin..
There are only a few redirects for some abbreviations like GIMPS.
But I will not include ~2700 redirects for the Riesel number pages when including a "2" as base in the title.
I mean, sure 2700 is overkill, but redirects are cheap in the database. If there are any actually existing external links to the wiki you're aware of that you know would be broken, can you at least leave redirects for those? Certainly that would be a much more reasonable number.

Quote:
The prefix for any template is for making them unique over the Wiki. There's no extra work for including a "P", the templates are shown in the template prototype page for copy/paste.
To keep them unique is better: have in mind to replace a text of any page with some other text. Say you want to rename a special parameter in all Riesel prime pages, there's a function to do so.
Or including a new parameter, that's what I can do when including the base as new parameter.
Searching for such parameters is another reason. Some templates using the "R" or "P" to make the output depending on the type, too.
I guess that makes sense.