mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Aliquot Sequences

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-06-16, 18:55   #1167
garambois
 
garambois's Avatar
 
"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

61410 Posts
Default

OK, many thanks.
I will try to update next weekend.
For base 40, I only found one merge :
40^13:i151 with 1346592:i3
garambois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-17, 11:25   #1168
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

1110110010002 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
I finished base 24's trivial sequences up to i=96, leaving only the two largest trivial sequences in our range, which have also been ECMed. I am releasing all orange sequences for this base, which is currently up to 24^45.
I'll knock the last two trivials (^98, ^100) down a little. Do you want them back at a more manageable size or should I take them to prime?
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-17, 14:36   #1169
kar_bon
 
kar_bon's Avatar
 
Mar 2006
Germany

3·967 Posts
Default

50^97 terminated in a P80
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-17, 16:26   #1170
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

23×11×43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
I finished base 24's trivial sequences up to i=96, leaving only the two largest trivial sequences in our range, which have also been ECMed. I am releasing all orange sequences for this base, which is currently up to 24^45.
I'll knock the last two trivials (^98, ^100) down a little. Do you want them back at a more manageable size or should I take them to prime?

^98 terminated almost right away with a p129, so I went ahead and told the other one to finish and it ran down to a p13.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-17, 16:30   #1171
EdH
 
EdH's Avatar
 
"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

23×11×43 Posts
Default

I'll work on the non-green cells of base 450 for now.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-17, 17:38   #1172
garambois
 
garambois's Avatar
 
"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

2×307 Posts
Default

Update made only for bases 24, 39, 62, 578 (for attributions, mergers, trivial sequences).

Added base : 40.

Thanks to all for your help.
Please let me know if there are any errors.
garambois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 05:08   #1173
Happy5214
 
Happy5214's Avatar
 
"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

3×13×17 Posts
Default

I forgot to mention here, but I'm currently initializing base 44, with the same parameters as bases 39 and 40. I'm already done with the trivial bases to 100 digits and the non-trivial bases up to i=49 (which terminates) to 100 digits. I'll continue the remaining non-trivial sequences below 100 digits to that digit count, and I'll do trivial sequences within the 120-digit cofactor limit (which at first glance may be around i=80).
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 07:55   #1174
garambois
 
garambois's Avatar
 
"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

2×307 Posts
Default

Would there be a volunteer to do the preliminary work on base 19116 (C28) and base 14288 (C5) ?
We should also try to transform as much as possible all the "1's" (one iteration) of the non-trivial sequences into "2's" or even "3's", to have at least 2 or 3 iterations for all the sequences of the project.
But this may be expensive in computation time.
Let's give priority to the initialization of new bases and to the green coloring of the trivial sequences.


Quote:
Originally Posted by EdH View Post
I'll work on the non-green cells of base 450 for now.
Perfect !
I too am trying to color the cells of the trivial sequences of the bases reserved for me in green, hoping to find new endings on cycles.
But it will be long, I only have one computer left !


Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
I forgot to mention here, but I'm currently initializing base 44, with the same parameters as bases 39 and 40. I'm already done with the trivial bases to 100 digits and the non-trivial bases up to i=49 (which terminates) to 100 digits. I'll continue the remaining non-trivial sequences below 100 digits to that digit count, and I'll do trivial sequences within the 120-digit cofactor limit (which at first glance may be around i=80).
Excellent !
I think we need to try to initialize all bases exhaustively up to 100.
And again, hoping to find cycles as well.
But the surprise could come from elsewhere !
garambois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 11:34   #1175
Happy5214
 
Happy5214's Avatar
 
"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

3·13·17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garambois View Post
Would there be a volunteer to do the preliminary work on base 19116 (C28) and base 14288 (C5) ?
We should also try to transform as much as possible all the "1's" (one iteration) of the non-trivial sequences into "2's" or even "3's", to have at least 2 or 3 iterations for all the sequences of the project.
But this may be expensive in computation time.
Let's give priority to the initialization of new bases and to the green coloring of the trivial sequences.

Excellent !
I think we need to try to initialize all bases exhaustively up to 100.
And again, hoping to find cycles as well.
But the surprise could come from elsewhere !
Base 44 is currently on i=70 as I suspend work for the "night" (really my morning sleep hours, when I'll run some PRP-CF GIMPS assignments to clear a backlog). I'll probably finish this base Monday, depending on "luck" with the factors (i.e. favorable factorizations and ECM sigma choices).

I'm not going past 50 in my exhaustive base initialization, so base 48 would be the last one. I'm debating whether or not to start that immediately. I do have some P-1 and P+1 tests I need to run on small Mersenne composites. I might take the cycle sequences quoted above if I get bored and nobody else has grabbed them by then.
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 12:36   #1176
garambois
 
garambois's Avatar
 
"Garambois Jean-Luc"
Oct 2011
France

10011001102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy5214 View Post
Base 44 is currently on i=70 as I suspend work for the "night" (really my morning sleep hours, when I'll run some PRP-CF GIMPS assignments to clear a backlog). I'll probably finish this base Monday, depending on "luck" with the factors (i.e. favorable factorizations and ECM sigma choices).

I'm not going past 50 in my exhaustive base initialization, so base 48 would be the last one. I'm debating whether or not to start that immediately. I do have some P-1 and P+1 tests I need to run on small Mersenne composites. I might take the cycle sequences quoted above if I get bored and nobody else has grabbed them by then.
OK, thank you very much Alexander.
Take your time with base 44, I won't make the next update until probably next weekend.
As for the initialization of all the bases up to 50, it's already gigantic, thank you very much. But again, I won't be analyzing the data until August, so there's no rush until then.
Of course, I didn't expect to have all the bases up to 100 by August 2021 ! We'll see in a year or two, maybe we'll have them...
garambois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-21, 04:33   #1177
Happy5214
 
Happy5214's Avatar
 
"Alexander"
Nov 2008
The Alamo City

3·13·17 Posts
Default

I know I keep coming up with more and more advanced stats. (We may need a "Happy's Stats" page for all of the ones I've suggested. ) The newest one I came up with is terminated vs. open counts for trivial sequences.

Edit: Or, if I'm the only one interested in these stats, create a plain-text data export (JSON, TSV/CSV, whatever), and let me do my own queries.

Last fiddled with by Happy5214 on 2021-06-21 at 05:00 Reason: Export idea
Happy5214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Broken aliquot sequences fivemack FactorDB 46 2021-02-21 10:46
Broken aliquot sequences schickel FactorDB 18 2013-06-12 16:09
A new theorem about aliquot sequences garambois Aliquot Sequences 34 2012-06-10 21:53
poaching aliquot sequences... Andi47 FactorDB 21 2011-12-29 21:11
New article on aliquot sequences schickel mersennewiki 0 2008-12-30 07:07

All times are UTC. The time now is 15:44.

Wed Jun 23 15:44:58 UTC 2021 up 26 days, 13:32, 0 users, load averages: 2.02, 2.25, 2.21

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.