mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Old 2007-12-31, 14:59   #23
tnerual

Oct 2006

7×37 Posts

double post (too late to edit)

i found a solution: using "llrnet -no-sse2" no more warning and overall speed increased by 10%
tnerual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 16:43   #24
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2×32×5×113 Posts
Default Site change status

Update on the site changes:

#'s 2 and 4 to add sieved files to the pages and separate the Riesel and Sierp reservations are complete. #'s 1 and 3 to add a scroll bar to lock the titles on and to add a news/last 10 changes page will be looked at after New Year's.

I'll add a #5: Add 2 pages (one each for Riesel & Sierp) to allow for searches for k's that are multiples of the base (kMOb) but that yield a different prime than k/b. In conjunction with that, I'll need to come up with a new color scheme for the proof of the conjectures. Right now, when it's proven without accounting for kMOb, I just show it as gray. But in the future, there will have to be 2 indicators, one for 'fully proven' including kMOb and one for 'mostly proven' that doesn't include kMOb. It will be up to the math community to determine which one is considered the proof.

I did a quick search on Riesel base 4 up to n=10K to check all kMOb that Jean Penne had previously done. I confirmed that he is correct. When accouting for kMOb, k=19464 is the only k that is added to our list of k's without a prime that yields a different prime than k/b. He said that he is searching that now.

I will slowly search bases as I have time for kMOb and see about how many there are that will ultimately yield a different prime than k/b but that are still without a prime. We know there are Generalized Fermat #'s (GFn's) such as 22*22^n+1 & 441*22^n+1 that a prime most likely cannot be found on but most should not be any more difficult than k's that are not MOb.

Gary
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 06:14   #25
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

11000011010012 Posts

Good news for this project! Jean Penne has updated LLR so that it can automatically stop running if a prime is found--useful if you're only running one k by itself in a conjecture search. Here's his post, copied and pasted from the Software forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Penne
Hi All,

Thanks to George Woltman, the two distributions of LLR 3.7.1c on the GIMPS site :

http://www.mersenne.org/gimps/

and on my personal pages :

http://jpenne.free.fr/index2.html

are now matching exactly.

It is now possible to force the program to stop when a prime is found, by using the option :

StopOnSuccess=1 in the .ini file.

Happy new year!
Jean
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 17:25   #26
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

11000011010012 Posts

I'm wondering, if I wanted to do some sieving for one of the odd-n/even-n conjectures, would I need to punch in anything special to srsieve? Would I need to remove all even or odd n's manually?

Or, would I simply need to sieve in base 4? (i.e. for an odd-n search, sieve the base 2 k, times 2, in base 4; or, for an even-n search, just sieve the exact same k in base 4.)

Am I correct?
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 17:47   #27
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

27BA16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I'm wondering, if I wanted to do some sieving for one of the odd-n/even-n conjectures, would I need to punch in anything special to srsieve? Would I need to remove all even or odd n's manually?

Or, would I simply need to sieve in base 4? (i.e. for an odd-n search, sieve the base 2 k, times 2, in base 4; or, for an even-n search, just sieve the exact same k in base 4.)

Am I correct?
That is correct. Of course you could do it either way but if you run base 4, you wouldn't have to manually remove some of the n's and your sieving would run somewhat faster. Here's a couple of examples for everyone:

If running k=6927 for Riesel base-2 odd-n, you can sieve k=6927*2=13854 for Riesel base 4.

If running k=(any) for Riesel base-2 even-n, you can run the same k for Riesel base 4.

Gary
Old 2008-04-20, 12:42   #28
grobie

Sep 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina

15116 Posts

Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to delete a k from a abcd file:

I tried -d and -k niether seemed to work, so I just opened the abcd file & did the k manually. then used srfile -G -k factor.txt (file name) to make a new file for testing, then manually deleted all n up to point of last prime found.

I know there is a better way
grobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 12:50   #29
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

2·3·11·43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grobie View Post
Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to delete a k from a abcd file:

I tried -d and -k niether seemed to work, so I just opened the abcd file & did the k manually. then used srfile -G -k factor.txt (file name) to make a new file for testing, then manually deleted all n up to point of last prime found.

I know there is a better way
to delete a sequence of a abcd-file try:

Code:
srfile -a -d"405*2^n-1" sr_2.abcd
this deletes from the abcd-file the sequnce for k=405 and writes the result in the same abcd-file!

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2008-04-20 at 12:51
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 13:05   #30
grobie

Sep 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina

337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
to delete a sequence of a abcd-file try:

Code:
srfile -a -d"405*2^n-1" sr_2.abcd
this deletes from the abcd-file the sequnce for k=405 and writes the result in the same abcd-file!
OK, thanks

Is there any way to delete the same k in my prp testing file without generating a new one up to n=prime
Old 2008-04-20, 13:25   #31
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

2×3×11×43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grobie View Post
OK, thanks

Is there any way to delete the same k in my prp testing file without generating a new one up to n=prime
not with srfile only, but try this:

- create from your prp-file for every sequence the npg-file:
srfile -g mine.prp

for every k there is a file like "t17_b2_k405.npg" (here k=405)

-delete per hand the n's in this file you don't need for this k and save it

- call this:
copy *.npg >all
sort all >all1

- edit file 'all1' and delete all headers (like "5000000000000:M:1:2:258") except one (copy it at the top of the file)

- call than:
srfile -G all1
and you have your PRP-file without the n's from that k in!

another way could be a script but this works fine too!

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2008-04-20 at 13:26
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 13:31   #32
grobie

Sep 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina

337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
not with srfile only, but try this:

- create from your prp-file for every sequence the npg-file:
srfile -g mine.prp

for every k there is a file like "t17_b2_k405.npg" (here k=405)

-delete per hand the n's in this file you don't need for this k and save it

- call this:
copy *.npg >all
sort all >all1

- edit file 'all1' and delete all headers (like "5000000000000:M:1:2:258") except one (copy it at the top of the file)
- call than:
srfile -G all1
and you have your PRP-file without the n's from that k in!

another way could be a script but this works fine too!
Great, Thanks Kar_bon for your help
Old 2009-11-16, 05:32   #33
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2×32×5×113 Posts

Notes:

The version of PFGW in the 1st post here is well out of date. Here is a link to a post that contains links to the latest versions of PFGW. The versions of LLR and sr(n)sieve are likely well out of date also.

If anyone can provide a "care package" of links that contains all/most of the recent versions of the programs that I have in the link in the 1st post here, I'll update that link. NewPGen should not be necessary since we don't use it.

Edit: The 1st post now has all of the latest programs.

Gary

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2009-11-17 at 08:18 Reason: edit