mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2020-04-01, 18:58   #1651
KEP
Quasi Admin Thing
 
KEP's Avatar
 
May 2005

3·307 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
KEP's point makes sense when the tests are really fast, but his "at some point" has it backward- at some exponent value, the LLR test takes more than a minute each, so for any n larger than that value LLR is writing to the ini file less than once a minute and thus less than PFGW.
I assumed that Gary was actually doing small base 3 tests.

You are correct, the value of the exponent does in fact matter. But for n<50K and maybe n<100K for base 3, I would think that PFGW is the fastest alternative, simply because the input/output read/write of the .ini file takes too long as the ini file grows due to the growing number of primed k's. But as always, just like with multithreading and everything else that is somewhat system dependant, test locally and figure out what actually is most optimal program to use. And yes, one of the reason PFGW is used for starting up bases is among other features, the reason that PFGW writes once a minute (Thanks Mark for clearing that) in stead of several times a second, when doing very small tests
KEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-01, 19:29   #1652
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

26×3×53 Posts
Default

I was doing small base 3 tests (n=25K-50K). I did not know there was much time difference between the two. Anyway I still prefer LLR because I am stopping the programs frequently to do other stuff and I don't want to have to worry about whether the program will "lose" the knowledge that previous primes were found.
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-02, 02:57   #1653
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

16DA16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
I was doing small base 3 tests (n=25K-50K). I did not know there was much time difference between the two. Anyway I still prefer LLR because I am stopping the programs frequently to do other stuff and I don't want to have to worry about whether the program will "lose" the knowledge that previous primes were found.
When using number_primes with pfgw, it will read pfgw.log and avoid candidates that could be filtered by those primes. At least that is the way it is supposed to work.

I use srsieve2 to reformat the output as ascending k then ascending n. It makes it a lot easier to work with the input file and it allows one to compute a better estimate as to when processing of the file will be completed.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-01, 09:18   #1654
pepi37
 
pepi37's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
After milion nines:)

2×5×131 Posts
Default Progress update

K4 S53 at 1.575M
pepi37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 12:35   #1655
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

10110110110102 Posts
Default

Here is the next batch of R66 primes. All k thru 44451283 are tested to n=25000.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z r66_primes.7z (42.5 KB, 27 views)
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-08, 00:45   #1656
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

26×3×53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Here is the next batch of R66 primes. All k thru 44451283 are tested to n=25000.
Primes that were found for k=17.578M-44.4515M n=11K-25K: 9190
Primes in that group already found prime for n=10K-11K: 15
Unique k's found prime for k=17.578M-44.4515M n=11K-25K: 9175

R66 previously remaining at n=25K: 95114
Primes found for k=17.578M-44.4515M n=11K-25K: 9175
R66 k's now remaining: 85939

Attached are the 15 k's that were found prime for n=11K-25K that already had a prime for n=10K-11K. I'm hoping that will help you save some time in your remaining searches.
Attached Files
File Type: txt riesel-base66-duplicate-primes.txt (315 Bytes, 31 views)

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2020-05-08 at 00:52
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-08, 03:01   #1657
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

585010 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Primes that were found for k=17.578M-44.4515M n=11K-25K: 9190
Primes in that group already found prime for n=10K-11K: 15
Unique k's found prime for k=17.578M-44.4515M n=11K-25K: 9175

R66 previously remaining at n=25K: 95114
Primes found for k=17.578M-44.4515M n=11K-25K: 9175
R66 k's now remaining: 85939

Attached are the 15 k's that were found prime for n=11K-25K that already had a prime for n=10K-11K. I'm hoping that will help you save some time in your remaining searches.
Hmm. I thought I had removed k with previously known primes. Which k already had primes? Maybe they were in a range that I didn't clean-up before finishing.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-08, 04:13   #1658
gd_barnes
 
gd_barnes's Avatar
 
May 2007
Kansas; USA

26·3·53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
Hmm. I thought I had removed k with previously known primes. Which k already had primes? Maybe they were in a range that I didn't clean-up before finishing.
See the attachment to the previous post. They were in a fairly narrow k-range of k=36.5M-38.6M so you probably missed removing them in one file or something like that.

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2020-05-08 at 04:15
gd_barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-08, 12:19   #1659
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

10110110110102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
See the attachment to the previous post. They were in a fairly narrow k-range of k=36.5M-38.6M so you probably missed removing them in one file or something like that.
You are correct. They were all in primes_14.log. None were in any of the other 9 files I submitted.
rogue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 08:01   #1660
sweety439
 
sweety439's Avatar
 
Nov 2016

17×127 Posts
Default

S81 k=2036, the test limit should be 1.5M instead of 1M
sweety439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-18, 08:58   #1661
pepi37
 
pepi37's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
After milion nines:)

2×5×131 Posts
Default

K4 S53 at 1.6M (RES file attached)
Extending reservation to 1M7

Reserving S53 to 305K
Attached Files
File Type: zip RES-FILE-100K-1M6.zip (232.1 KB, 12 views)

Last fiddled with by pepi37 on 2020-06-18 at 09:17
pepi37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bases 4-32 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 1410 2020-08-10 08:52
Bases 501-1030 reservations/statuses/primes KEP Conjectures 'R Us 3698 2020-08-08 19:11
Bases 251-500 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 2126 2020-08-05 17:01
Bases 101-250 reservations/statuses/primes gd_barnes Conjectures 'R Us 826 2020-08-05 17:00
Riesel base 3 reservations/statuses/primes KEP Conjectures 'R Us 1040 2020-07-13 07:31

All times are UTC. The time now is 12:27.

Mon Aug 10 12:27:18 UTC 2020 up 24 days, 8:14, 3 users, load averages: 1.44, 1.73, 1.85

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.