mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Miscellaneous Math

Old 2006-06-13, 19:05   #1
sghodeif

Sep 2005

2·32 Posts
Default sghodeif's Questions

why u take this form only? there is many forms can be used to find primes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmaj
The new project was established less than 30 minutes ago and we are now ready to go! We already have two pending primes. I'm sure more will come soon!

When you submit your primes please be sure to create a new prover's code and to include "RPS", the user-ID of the project, in the field next to the sieving program you used.

The first team effort has already started.

Finally, thanks to everybody who decided to join us and who helped us decide the name of the project quickly!

The project descriptive data (to be included in the Top-5000) page:

If you have any comments on this please let me know.

Last fiddled with by sghodeif on 2006-06-13 at 19:10
sghodeif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 21:19   #2
Kosmaj

Nov 2003

2×1,811 Posts

I'm not sure why you quoted this part, but we are searching for primes of form k*2^n-1, k>1 with further restrictions as noted in post #1 because we are a project (click on "All Projects) of the Largest Known Primes, also known as Top-5000 and each project is searching for a particular form. And if you want to find large primes and/or many of them you have to concentrate on something specific.
Kosmaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 04:25   #3
VBCurtis

"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

449110 Posts

This seems like asking a Miata forum "why do you only talk about Mazdas? There are many kinds of cars." Mersenneforum.org has forums to exchange information and search spaces on many differeny forms of primes, and many other sites out there coordinate searches of other forms. This particular forum coordinates a narrow search type, to best organize the information without too much clutter.

We're perfectly aware of other forms for prime searches, and in fact many of us have participated in other projects (or still do). This subforum is for this specific form.

Personally, I happen to believe the 15k style of search is very efficient at prime of given size per CPU cycle, so I concentrate my searches here. I don't try to talk others into moving to 15k, but I'm happy here. A fixed-power search is a little faster, at least in sieving phase, but I don't like the idea of searching for an exact size of prime; I can't settle on what size makes the most sense. Besides, there is no coordination for such a search, and it overlaps 15k, so I stay here.
-Curtis
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 08:30   #4
fatphil

May 2003

3·7·11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis
This seems like asking a Miata forum "why do you only talk about Mazdas?
Erm, any self-respecting Miata forum would be discussing DEC Alphas.
Then again, I'm the kind of guy who would post to a 'ruffian' forum.
fatphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-14, 18:19   #5
sghodeif

Sep 2005

2×32 Posts
Default what i do with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmaj
I'm not sure why you quoted this part, but we are searching for primes of form k*2^n-1, k>1 with further restrictions as noted in post #1 because we are a project (click on "All Projects) of the Largest Known Primes, also known as Top-5000 and each project is searching for a particular form. And if you want to find large primes and/or many of them you have to concentrate on something specific.
at n=1 i have an infinite sequence of the values of k to gives primes, haw i can send it to inter this project.

Last fiddled with by sghodeif on 2006-06-14 at 18:41
Old 2006-06-14, 18:35   #6
sghodeif

Sep 2005

2·32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis
This seems like asking a Miata forum "why do you only talk about Mazdas? There are many kinds of cars." Mersenneforum.org has forums to exchange information and search spaces on many differeny forms of primes, and many other sites out there coordinate searches of other forms. This particular forum coordinates a narrow search type, to best organize the information without too much clutter.

We're perfectly aware of other forms for prime searches, and in fact many of us have participated in other projects (or still do). This subforum is for this specific form.

Personally, I happen to believe the 15k style of search is very efficient at prime of given size per CPU cycle, so I concentrate my searches here. I don't try to talk others into moving to 15k, but I'm happy here. A fixed-power search is a little faster, at least in sieving phase, but I don't like the idea of searching for an exact size of prime; I can't settle on what size makes the most sense. Besides, there is no coordination for such a search, and it overlaps 15k, so I stay here.
-Curtis
yes, i don't like the idea of searching for an exact size of primes, i search with haw to find infinite number of primes,thanks for all .

Last fiddled with by sghodeif on 2006-06-14 at 18:36
Old 2006-06-15, 20:44   #7
VBCurtis

"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

10001100010112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghodeif
at n=1 i have an infinite sequence of the values of k to gives primes, haw i can send it to inter this project.
As long as your primes are 70,500 digits or larger, we're (specifically, the top-5000 primes list) interested. We're looking for large primes, and it's pretty tough to prove a 70-thousand-digit number is prime unless it is of a special form.

Clearly, noting that there is an infinite sequence of primes for n=1 is trivial. If you'd like to share some examples of appropiate length, with the method you used to prove them, I'm all ears.
-curtis
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 09:07   #8
sghodeif

Sep 2005

2·32 Posts
Default the search for primes not like that?

Instead of wasting time with this search to find primes, my advice is u must search for an infinite sequence of primes to solve this .best regards .
Old 2006-06-17, 14:23   #9
victor

Oct 2005
Fribourg, Switzerlan

FC16 Posts

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ps016.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1155  

Last fiddled with by victor on 2006-06-17 at 14:25
victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 15:03   #10
Kosmaj

Nov 2003

2×1,811 Posts
Default sghodeif

We are happy for your showing interest in prime search and in our project. But I'm afraid information available on our RPS forum cannot provide you adequate introduction to search for large primes. Therefore, can I suggest you to have a look, for example here (specially Section IV), for some related background.

Thank you for your cooperation.

ps. I'll be moving your questions and our replies to a separate thread shortly.
Kosmaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-19, 10:19   #11
Cruelty

May 2005

2·809 Posts

Victor
Picture says more than thousand words
Cruelty is offline   Reply With Quote