mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Old 2005-06-24, 10:04   #1
Cruelty

May 2005

22·11·37 Posts
Question Dial-up question

I have already searched forum for the definite answer, however I haven't found one yet.
I have a PC with a dial-up access to the internet. It runs Windows XP Pro, and among other things Prime95. I have set an option "Use a dial-up connection to the Internet".

As this is a remote location, I have scheduled weekly task using "rasdial" command. What I would expect now is that when PC connects to the Internet it automatically updates it's status on PrimeNet server + get new assignements + send results. However the only thing it does is getting new assignements (I'm not sure if it will send the results when they are ready, cause none is ready yet).

How does it work then? I am especially curious about updating the status of assignements.
Cruelty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-06-24, 14:43   #2
garo

Aug 2002
Termonfeckin, IE

24·173 Posts

Download ntprime. It is a commandline program that does not interfere with your copy of Prime95. then set up a scheduled task that calls ntprime -c in conjunction with the dialup. Also, what is the days between sending completion dates set to in your prime.ini? The default is 28 days.
garo is offline   Reply With Quote