mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2008-05-05, 01:15   #1
Brucifer

Dec 2005

313 Posts
Default Questions and stuff

Finally got some more cores cooking on the llrnet "nplb.rieselprime.org" port 300 server. Got some old and some new systems on it. Have a couple dual core 64-bit ones that still don't want to play nice with the llrnet though.

Being new to this effort, and not making any manual reservations, I am assuming that llrnet reports the prime results to the server and that the results do not need to be posted anywhere else? My intent is to just keep running through the llrnet server and not do any manual reservations.

@Anonymous - Thank you for the url for the sr5 llrnet client. That one pretty much solved the majority of my issues. Works just fine on the OpenSuse 10.1 thru 10.3 64-bit systems. I can't say the same for the mepis-64, as something is wierd with three systems running that yet. But I guess over the next few days I may just install OpenSuse on them and that will allow me to bring some more cores on board. :) Thank you again. :)
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 02:36   #2
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Actually, since the primes are in top-5000 range, you will need to report primes to the top-5000 website (and the "report primes here" thread in this forum, though that's pretty easy, especially if you're already reporting them to the top-5000)--if you want to be automatically notified by email of all new primes you find, just send me or Adam (username AES) your email address and we'll get it plugged into the system.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 03:27   #3
Brucifer

Dec 2005

313 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
if you want to be automatically notified by email of all new primes you find, just send me or Adam (username AES) your email address and we'll get it plugged into the system.
you have a PM.
Old 2008-05-05, 03:30   #4
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
you have a PM.
Okay, PM received and email entered into database.
Old 2008-05-10, 17:29   #5
Brucifer

Dec 2005

31310 Posts

How come there is a set of stats at:
http://www.rieselprime.org/nplb/NPLB_Scoring.htm

and another set of stats at:
http://nplb.rieselprime.org/stats/stats.php?a=reset

I assume that the first one by kar_bon must reflect the manual reservation stuff??? And the second is the automated llrnet stuff????

Is there any centralized composite scoring for the nplb effort? Just wondering as this sorta looks a little scattered out? :)

Last fiddled with by Brucifer on 2008-05-10 at 17:33
Old 2008-05-10, 17:38   #6
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

141518 Posts

Quote:
How come there is a set of stats at:
http://www.rieselprime.org/nplb/NPLB_Scoring.htm

and another set of stats at:
http://nplb.rieselprime.org/stats/stats.php?a=reset

I assume that the first one by kar_bon must reflect the manual reservation stuff??? And the second is the automated llrnet stuff????

Is there any centralized composite scoring for the nplb effort?
The stats at www.rieselprime.org are both for manual work, and LLRnet work (there are separate scoring tables for each). It's essentially the "centralized scoring" that you're looking for. However, it is only updated manually, and not very often at that because it's a lot of work for Karsten to keep all his pages updated.

The one at nplb.rieselprime.org is the live, automated stats, for Adam's port 300 server only. (The www.rieselprime.org LLRNet stats, by contrast, include all servers, past and present.) So, the nplb.rieselprime.org stats probably the ones you'll want to watch if what you're interested in is watching rankings and all that.

Sometime in the future we may have similar stats available for the port 5000 server (llrnet.ironbits.net), but until then, port 5000 is only included in the manually-updated www.rieselprime.org LLRnet stats.

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2008-05-10 at 17:38
Old 2008-05-10, 19:12   #7
Brucifer

Dec 2005

313 Posts

Thankyou for the reply. The question came up on the AMD_Users forum, so I copied and pasted your reply following the question at the AMD_Users forum. Attributing the answer to you of course! :)
Old 2008-06-01, 06:24   #8
Brucifer

Dec 2005

313 Posts

heh... rather quiet around here lately now that the rally is over with and the scores have all been combined. Just sitting here bored, late at night, doing one of those late night things. :)
Old 2008-06-01, 10:35   #9
em99010pepe

Sep 2004

2×5×283 Posts

Quote:
heh... rather quiet around here lately now that the rally is over with and the scores have all been combined. Just sitting here bored, late at night, doing one of those late night things. :)
Quiet is always good when you have to deal with guys like Gary and Anon, they too much!
em99010pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 00:21   #10
Brucifer

Dec 2005

313 Posts

Well the wife decided that she really didn't want to retire yet cause there are some other goodies that she still wants to get. So that "crises" is over with, at least for this month... She's talking about doing another year and a half or so now. So anyway I'll be crunching some again. Just aren't going to be investing in a bunch of new stuff other than maybe another one or two quads at some point in the future. As they used to tell us in the service, gotta be flexible... :)
Old 2008-06-19, 00:32   #11
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

11000011010012 Posts

Quote:
Well the wife decided that she really didn't want to retire yet cause there are some other goodies that she still wants to get. So that "crises" is over with, at least for this month... She's talking about doing another year and a half or so now. So anyway I'll be crunching some again. Just aren't going to be investing in a bunch of new stuff other than maybe another one or two quads at some point in the future. As they used to tell us in the service, gotta be flexible... :)
Okay, great! For this upcoming rally, could you please put everything on server IB8500? (In fact, that's sort of what it was originally designed for. ) That will take a lot of load off the main servers.

Edit: Ah, just read the rally thread, see you beat me to the punch.

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2008-06-19 at 00:33