LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 09:28   #46
literka

Mar 2010

19210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
I said kinda, not kinda.
Thanks for correction. I did not want to misquote you.
literka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 09:47   #47
literka

Mar 2010

26×3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10ck3r View Post
Imagine that members of this forum know "ein bissyen" of mathematics, and can recognize within seconds that your proofs are rehashing known results using more effort than would be required by any one of several methods. Throughout this thread you have disregarded the advice of computer science professionals and mathematicians as they attempted to point this out to you. Your first sentence in this quote references questions "which require lot of work to answer" (sic) seems, to members of this forum especially, as rather counter-intuitive given the amount of work you put in to prove that a known factor is indeed a known factor. There have been a number of occasions in which you have posted statements as fact and have had them disproven by professionals in the field, and yet you refuse to see this.
If you feel that you have been disrespected on this forum, you may go elsewhere, if you are so inclined. Otherwise, if you wake up and recognize that the people that have responded have been making valid points the entire time, and get the urge to learn why your proof is, for all practical purposes, pointless, feel free to ask logical questions and to take the advice of the senior members of this forum. Also, if Robert Silverman, CRGreathouse, WBlipp, Batalov, et al. suggest reading a certain paper, DO SO! Comprehension of the sources will usually provide an understanding of why certain things work or don't work in mathematics, and how to apply them.

If you are doing this what you adviced me to do then DON'T DO SO!. Find area interesting for you and unsolved problem interesting for you and try to solve it. People will tell you that your work is worthless and this is what they will think. It is because everybody thinks that only his area of interest is worthy to pay attentions.
Old 2013-11-16, 11:08   #48
cmd

"(^r'°:.:)^n;e'e"
Nov 2008
;t:.:;^

33×37 Posts
Smile imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by literka View Post
If you are doing this what you adviced me to do then DON'T DO SO!. Find area interesting for you and unsolved problem interesting for you and try to solve it. People will tell you that your work is worthless and this is what they will think. It is because everybody thinks that only his area of interest is worthy to pay attentions.
we estimate you brother ..

but

It also

cmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 15:39   #49
axn

Jun 2003

496010 Posts

@Literka: After step 10, you should b multiplying by 512, not 256.
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 16:00   #50
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

24E016 Posts

What?? After all this fight, you want to say that he has a mistake in that beautiful demonstration?

(read as: did you actually wasted the time to click and read? man, you must be really free and bored! I may change my opinion about you... )
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 16:19   #51
literka

Mar 2010

19210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
@Literka: After step 10, you should b multiplying by 512, not 256.
Thank you. I corrected. If you agree I can include short note at the end of a page of the form "I am grateful to ..... for reading and correcting text".
In the case you agree, I would need your name.
Old 2013-11-16, 17:21   #52
BudgieJane

"Jane Sullivan"
Jan 2011
Beckenham, UK

251 Posts

I am amazed that so much has been written in this thread about the factorization of F7. As far as I am concerned you pass the number into YAFU, wait a short while, and pick up the factors out the other end. End of story, pass on to the next number.

Since you will have done this one a few years ago, with all the others you will have done in the meantime you should be looking at F77 now, or even F777, and certainly not F7.

Last fiddled with by BudgieJane on 2013-11-16 at 17:22 Reason: Correction of grammatical error.
BudgieJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 17:32   #53
literka

Mar 2010

26·3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieJane View Post
I am amazed that so much has been written in this thread about the factorization of F7. As far as I am concerned you pass the number into YAFU, wait a short while, and pick up the factors out the other end. End of story, pass on to the next number.

Yes, it is a wonderful idea. I waited less than 1 sec. for a result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieJane View Post
Since you will have done this one a few years ago, with all the others you will have done in the meantime you should be looking at F77 now, or even F777, and certainly not F7.

I don't like number 7. I would better do F88.
Old 2013-11-16, 19:27   #54
c10ck3r

Aug 2010
Kansas

22316 Posts

Quote:
I don't like number 7. I would better do F88.
F88 would take too long to write out manually. Might I suggest F20 instead? Its a nice, round number, and much smaller :)
If you make any usable* progress, I will pay your website's hosting costs for a year.

*Usable progress will be determined and prizes awarded at the discretion of the challenge creator.
c10ck3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 20:03   #55
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

22·3·5·157 Posts

Quote:
Thank you. I corrected. If you agree I can include short note at the end of a page of the form "I am grateful to ..... for reading and correcting text".
In the case you agree, I would need your name.
His name is Anand Nair and if you will fail to mention his contribution, your page will be a forgery.
Quote:
BTW. No matter how much you write these proofs (i.e. about F5, F6, and F7) will stay my proofs
Even this is no longer true. You didn't even have a proof until Anand Nair corrected you.
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote