mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Blogorrhea > ONeil

Old 2019-05-13, 13:17   #1
ONeil

Dec 2017

24·3·5 Posts
minus 5g what to expect?

Health concerns about 5g sit and listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agkV5vsVF7c

Last fiddled with by ONeil on 2019-05-13 at 13:18
ONeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 14:11   #2
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

947910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONeil View Post
Health concerns about 5g sit and listen.
Incoherent fear mongering bovine excrement.

If people who spread this nonsense really understood the physics and were still afraid of getting cancer from photons, they would never go outside. Nor even turn on a lightbulb or light a candle in their cave...

Hint: RF is just very low frequency (and thus low energy) photons.

P.S. Personally I view 5G as a very expensive solution looking for a problem. But health risks shouldn't even be in the debate.
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 14:30   #3
lukerichards

"Luke Richards"
Jan 2018
Birmingham, UK

25·32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalsall View Post
P.S. Personally I view 5G as a very expensive solution looking for a problem. But health risks shouldn't even be in the debate.
Could you elaborate? I don't know anything really about 5G, although I agree with you about the health stuff.

From my limited point of view, I think 4G is fine and have no need for anything better. However, I have assumed two things:

1) I'm a consumer and there are probably commercial customers who would get use out of 5G

2) In the near future I'll probably develop a perceived need for something better.

Out of interest - what network bands are widely available in Barbados?
lukerichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 14:31   #4
xilman
Bamboozled!

"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

3×3,529 Posts

Quote:
Hint: RF is just very low frequency (and thus low energy) photons.
If that is the case, you should be quite safe sticking your head in a microwave oven.

The energy of the individual photons is one thing. Their number density is something quite different.

Last fiddled with by xilman on 2019-05-13 at 14:31
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 15:07   #5
ONeil

Dec 2017

24×3×5 Posts
Unhappy 5g ill affects

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukerichards View Post
Could you elaborate? I don't know anything really about 5G, although I agree with you about the health stuff.

From my limited point of view, I think 4G is fine and have no need for anything better. However, I have assumed two things:

1) I'm a consumer and there are probably commercial customers who would get use out of 5G

2) In the near future I'll probably develop a perceived need for something better.

There is loads of information about microwave towers and cell use as being unhealthy on the net. As a matter of fact ever since my home became more wireless I have been feeling very tired and less energetic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=xw8eIIFWmvo
ONeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 15:36   #6
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

947910 Posts

Quote:
There is loads of information about microwave towers and cell use as being unhealthy on the net.
Show me even one double-blind, peer-reviewed study which shows any statistically significant results supporting your claim. Links off to YouTube videos don't count.

Quote:
As a matter of fact ever since my home became more wireless I have been feeling very tired and less energetic.
Correlation does not always mean causation. You might simply be experiencing entropy (read: aging).
Old 2019-05-13, 15:38   #7
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101Γ—103 Posts

3×3,121 Posts

Quote:
There is loads of information about....
rando youtube link
Not all information is the same. Some basement dwelling, conspiracy believing, foil hat wearing dude posting youtube blather is not the same as robust medical studies.
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 15:41   #8
Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101Γ—103 Posts

3×3,121 Posts

Quote:
As a matter of fact ever since my home became more wireless I have been feeling very tired and less energetic.
Quote:
Correlation does not always mean causation. You might simply be experiencing entropy (read: aging).
Or ONeil is now sitting around playing more farmville and pintresting his toenail clipping collection.
Uncwilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 15:42   #9
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

9,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
If that is the case, you should be quite safe sticking your head in a microwave oven. The energy of the individual photons is one thing. Their number density is something quite different.
Agreed. But a typical microwave oven radiates something like 700 watts of RF in the 2.45 GHz range (resonating with water molecules) inside a small Faraday cage. This is far more power than even the "effective radiated power" of the directional antennas on cellular towers!

Heck, if your cellphone produced this kind of output the battery would last only a few seconds before the entire device melted!
Old 2019-05-13, 15:50   #10
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

100101000001112 Posts

Quote:
The only real "use-case" for 5G is extremely high bandwidth mobile connectivity. As in, a wide area network where tens of megabits per second of bandwidth is constantly needed with graceful "hand-off" between base stations. There are almost no realistic use cases for this.

Quote:
Like what? Live-streaming your daily commute in panoramic 4K video?

Quote:
We have something like 98% coverage in both 3G and 4G. And it's more than good enough for even the latest "Internet of Things" fads...
Old 2019-05-13, 16:12   #11
Nick

Dec 2012
The Netherlands

2·809 Posts

Quote:
Like what? Live-streaming your daily commute in panoramic 4K video?
No - the other way around.
Unscrupulous employers may be able to fire all their drivers and have the work taken over remotely by desperate people in poorer countries who can be pressured into working for even less.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote