Old 2019-05-17, 18:43   #45
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

10011001100112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGreathouse View Post
Electro-hypersensitivity has never been medically demonstrated to exist.
Sensitivty to cash flow, on the other hand, is clearly present, across the spectrum, from purveyors of new faster hardware, to counter-new-tech consultants. I'm old enough to remember the warnings not to sit too close to a color tv, back in the days when light was made by accelerating electrons by tens of kv and smashing them into different phosphors in a big vacuum tube after passing through a fine mask. That's also how you make xrays; smash energetic electrons into solid matter. So eventually color tvs came with their individual allotment of xray absorbing lead glass at the front, requiring proper disposal later.
If someone were to propose the sun today, it would never make it past the EPA and sundry other acronym agencies. You want to put a huge nuclear reactor nearby, and fire it up to the point that it radiates broad spectrum electromagnetic energy in all directions, and spews coronal mass ejections periodically? Load the whole planet's surface with regular exposure up to 1.5kw/sq meter (above the atmosphere) of broad spectrum radiation? And it's also a source of subatomic particle radiation, that affects living cells? Solar photon flux includes the peak for absorption/damage for DNA, 264nm UV?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2477717/
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-17, 19:15   #46
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

17BF16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
You want to put a huge nuclear reactor nearby, and fire it up to the point that it radiates broad spectrum electromagnetic energy in all directions, and spews coronal mass ejections periodically? Load the whole planet's surface with regular exposure up to 1.5kw/sq meter (above the atmosphere) of broad spectrum radiation? And it's also a source of subatomic particle radiation, that affects living cells? Solar photon flux includes the peak for absorption/damage for DNA, 264nm UV?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2477717/
OMG!

Now I want to build a hyper-darkened-signal-blocking room.
retina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-17, 19:21   #47
nomead

"Sam Laur"
Dec 2018
Turku, Finland

2·3·5·11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
I'm old enough to remember the warnings not to sit too close to a color tv, back in the days when light was made by accelerating electrons by tens of kv and smashing them into different phosphors in a big vacuum tube after passing through a fine mask. That's also how you make xrays; smash energetic electrons into solid matter. So eventually color tvs came with their individual allotment of xray absorbing lead glass at the front, requiring proper disposal later.
Then there was this case https://cdnc.ucr.edu/?a=d&d=DS19670609.2.49 Not the CRT but a regulator tube that got too much voltage due to a faulty circuit and emitted "too much" X-rays. But distance is a good way to limit exposure.
nomead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-24, 22:56   #48
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

3·53·73 Posts

Besides 5G being a "high attack surface" vector for IoT hacking, it's not just its possible effects on humans we should worry about (h/t NC reader 'Phil' for these):

Exposure of Insects to Radio-Frequency Electromagnetic Fields from 2 to 120 GHz |Nature
Quote:
This is the first paper that investigates the exposure of electric fields with RF frequencies associated with 5 G wireless communication and that shows that the absorbed power in insects is expected to increase in unchanged environmental conditions with respect to the one of current wireless communication systems (3 G and 4 G)…. A shift of 10% of the incident power density to frequencies above 6 GHz would lead to an increase in absorbed power between 3–370%. This could lead to changes in insect behaviour, physiology, and morphology over time due to an increase in body temperatures, from dielectric heating.
[The 5G spectrum is complex and multi-window, one of which includes 6 GHz. My prediction: Besides possible adverse effects on insects, there's gonna be interference issues aplenty with existing users of overlapping/nearby frequency bands. Any radio astronomers among the readership?]

Changes in honeybee behaviour and biology under the influence of cellphone radiations” (PDF) | Current Science
Quote:
Honeybee behaviour and biology has been affected by electrosmog since these insects have magnetite in their bodies which helps them in navigation…. We have compared the performance of honeybees in cellphone radiation exposed and unexposed colonies. A significant (p < 0.05) decline in colony strength and in the egg laying rate of the queen was observed. The behaviour of exposed foragers was negatively influenced by the exposure, there was neither honey nor pollen in the colony at the end of the experiment.

Last fiddled with by ewmayer on 2019-05-24 at 22:58
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 01:55   #49
CRGreathouse

Aug 2006

22×1,493 Posts

Any idea what the mechanism of harm is to the honeybees and other insects?
CRGreathouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 06:28   #50
xilman
Bamboozled!

"𒉺𒌌𒇷𒆷𒀭"
May 2003
Down not across

3×3,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer View Post
Any radio astronomers among the readership?]
I wish to state that I am not now and have never been a radio astronomer.

However, I have been paying attention to those who are. Radio astronomers, like their optical counterparts, show an ever increasing tendency to flee to unpolluted areas. Luckily, 5G radiation is line-of-sight, heavily attenuated and is not significantly back-scattered by the upper atmosphere. Further, 5G coverage is likely to remain extremely small in places like Greenbank, central Australia and the Kalahari desert. I've no idea what the effect will be on Jodrell Bank, the MRAO and similar observatories close to urban centres and major roads. Perhaps shielding of the receivers from any radiation emitted from below a certain altitude may be possible.
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-28, 17:58   #51
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

947910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
Luckily, 5G radiation is line-of-sight, heavily attenuated and is not significantly back-scattered by the upper atmosphere. Further, 5G coverage is likely to remain extremely small in places like Greenbank, central Australia and the Kalahari desert. I've no idea what the effect will be on Jodrell Bank, the MRAO and similar observatories close to urban centres and major roads.
The following is probably a little extreme in the claimed consequences, but:

Will 5G Undermine Weather Prediction?

5G Networks Could Throw Weather Forecasting Into Chaos

The issue is one of the frequency bands utilized by 5G is 24 GHz, which is very close to the 23.8 GHz range used by weather satellites to passively observe water vapor.

What seems to be missed is that the most important areas for such observations (over the oceans) won't have 5G. And even where such frequencies are used they will be very carefully directed sideways and downwards by way of phased-array antennas.

But, hey, why talk about the facts when scaremongering click-bate will generate advertising revenue?
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 22:35   #52
ONeil

Dec 2017

24·3·5 Posts

As I plunge into a very deep and possibly controversial subject I do this with the utmost concern for humanities future. It has been proven that radiation at high frequencies or sustained radiated frequencies at certain wave lengths can have adverse affects on mice cell structures which can affect immunity and create cancers in humans. With an already 5g rollout and not fully online have we inadvertently weakened humans immunity responses to viruses and bacteria's?

What are your thoughts? Do you think that my concerns regarding our health and the Climate are unfounded regarding Radio Emissions and if so please explain with a concise well sourced backed up essay?

Quote:
Some studies suggest that RF exposure can cause cancer, and thus the International Agency for Research on Cancer classified RF EMF as a “possibly carcinogenic to humans” (Group 2B) [3].
Quote:
The effects of 61.22 GHz exposure of mice were examined also with respect to the immune system [52]. The animals were exposed on three consecutive days for 30 min per day. The exposure caused peak SAR values of 885 W/kg on the nose of the animals where the exposure took place. The power density was 31 mW/cm2 and the measured temperature rise reached 1 °C. It was found that MMW modulates the effects of the cancer drug cyclophosamide. In particular, the T-cell system of the immune system was activated and various other immune system relevant parameters affected.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6765906/

Regarding Climate change and the possible adverse affects due to radio emissions that is probably hard to pin down, but not really with this new news event. It has been reported that VLF waves that are man made have created a bubble in space which I surmise may act like a cooker on our planet. Ironically Global Climate worries began in the early 1960's in the advent age of VLF's with submarines.

Quote:
It is shown that a number of important characteristics of the global atmospheric circulation and climate changed in a near-monotonic fashion over the decade, or less, centered on the late 1960s. These changes were largest or commonest in tropical regions, the Southern Hemisphere, and the Atlantic sector of the Northern Hemisphere. Some, such as the decrease in rainfall in the African Sahel, are well known. Others appear to be new, but their combined extent is global and dynamical linkages between them are evident.
https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/jo...jcli4177.1.xml
Here is a quote which I think anyone who would think that a natural functioning earth is better than man made may call this quote BS.

Quote:
Van Allen Space Probes' Function
In 2012, NASA scientists sent two space probes built to operate together as they walked 3,200 kilometers per hour past the Van Allen Belts (2,000 mph).

Then in 2017, when the space probes are running in space, they discovered something peculiar about the charged particles trapped in the magnetic field of Earth. With careful observation, NASA scientists discovered that a low-frequency barrier somehow keeps the solar discharges that might be harmful to us here on the surface of Earth at bay.

Curiously, the researchers started to study further and soon learned that the shield has successfully held Earth protected from the Van Allen Belts for several generations.

According to their research, Astronomers also found that the lower limits of radiation streams are now moved far further away from the earth than they were in the 1960s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_l...0August%201963
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...341FoAZ97Qz_Wo

I'm going to throw out something highly subjective in all your faces right now so take this with a grain of salt. What if past high tech beings from other star systems went down our same path with technology only to go extinct, because they ignored the dangerous effects of RF frequencies for their love affair with it. Look at our planet it is drying out, I mean really it is drying up. More people are getting sick then ever before. I don't believe our planets woes are solely due to CO2 emissions, but the RF spectrum must be be having and adverse affect on our biology too. If radio emissions on a global scale wipe humanity out than I guess, we were too ignorant and do not have a right to colonize the universe. Ironically, I don't see how we can colonize other star systems without the use of radio unless we develop proper shielding.

To me we are all addicted to radio and since we cannot see its dangerous workings in progress we all just go about our day believing we are safe. We are like the frog in a slow boiling pot that does not know its about to die.

I beg you if you have any time please watch this video on RF or 5g it will blow your mind

https://tomeoneil.wistia.com/medias/wt471bhb18
ONeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 23:11   #53
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

5·7·139 Posts

Don’t forget the cows fart.
pinhodecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 23:15   #54
tServo

"Marv"
May 2009
near the Tannhäuser Gate

22×32×17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGreathouse View Post
Any idea what the mechanism of harm is to the honeybees and other insects?
Being social insects, 5G gave them the bandwidth to get into social apps big time.
Pretty soon, that's all they were doing instead of gathering pollen to make honey.
Soon, the hives starting collapsing in extraordinary numbers until they were extinct.

Tragically, Facebook, Twitter, et al claim more victims.
tServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-26, 23:50   #55
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

221608 Posts

Don't forget that 5G in fact caused coronavirus! There is plenty of evidence! Just open your eyes, sheeple! There are videos about it so it must be true!
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote