mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > Conjectures 'R Us

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-04-05, 20:01   #67
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

52×11×17 Posts
Default

Rebirther-
If I sieve R28 from 500k up, how high are you/BOINC willing to test? I'm thinking 750 or 800k would be enough chance to find a prime to make a sieve worthwhile for me to build, with the leftover sieve posted for someone to take on afterward.

The R37 sieve 250-500k is at 19T now, stopping at 28T in about 2 weeks.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 20:35   #68
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

2·32·151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
Rebirther-
If I sieve R28 from 500k up, how high are you/BOINC willing to test? I'm thinking 750 or 800k would be enough chance to find a prime to make a sieve worthwhile for me to build, with the leftover sieve posted for someone to take on afterward.

The R37 sieve 250-500k is at 19T now, stopping at 28T in about 2 weeks.
I always need the runtimes on a based CPU to know where I can put it in. Small runtimes up to 30min are good.
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 03:01   #69
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

467510 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
I always need the runtimes on a based CPU to know where I can put it in. Small runtimes up to 30min are good.
For base 37, 30 minutes is around 400k on my haswell-i7; so 500k will be a bit longer than 40 min (extrapolating from my tests with 100k to 200k candidates on the previous base-37 sieve).

MyDogBuster can tell us exactly what time base 28 @500k took, but it should scale with the square of the base (?) and thus be about 60% the time of base 37. If my estimates are correct, that's around 25 min for 500k, 50 min for 700k on a haswell. If you aim for 30 min or less, you won't test enough of base 28 for me to build a sieve for you.
Ian, can you confirm testing time?

Last fiddled with by VBCurtis on 2015-04-06 at 03:01
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 21:13   #70
VBCurtis
 
VBCurtis's Avatar
 
"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

124316 Posts
Default

Attached is the R37 sieve from 250k to 500k, sieved to 27T.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sr_37_250to500k.abcd.zip (48.1 KB, 98 views)
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 18:46   #71
MyDogBuster
 
MyDogBuster's Avatar
 
May 2008
Wilmington, DE

22×23×31 Posts
Default

Quote:
MyDogBuster can tell us exactly what time base 28 @500k took, but it should scale with the square of the base (?) and thus be about 60% the time of base 37. If my estimates are correct, that's around 25 min for 500k, 50 min for 700k on a haswell. If you aim for 30 min or less, you won't test enough of base 28 for me to build a sieve for you.
Ian, can you confirm testing time?
About 29 minutes on a Haswell.
MyDogBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 12:04   #72
paleseptember
 
paleseptember's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Wollongong, .au

3·61 Posts
Default

Just popping to say that I saw the SRBase project on the BAM! list of projects, thought it looked interesting. And then thought it looked really quite familiar, saw Gary's name, and realised that the project was actually part of CRUS! Very exciting!

I never was much good with running manual projects (I want to tinker too much :P) so I'm pleased to be able to contribute via the BOINC client. Admittedly, I'm running seven year-old desktop hardware (recently updated from decade-old desktop hardware!), so my contributions might be a little underwhelming. I'm hoping to upgrade to something from this decade at some point.

(I may have lost, oh, about an hour this evening catching up, or trying to catch up, on the status of the project!)
paleseptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 06:21   #73
paleseptember
 
paleseptember's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Wollongong, .au

B716 Posts
Default

SRBase BOINC appears down....

http://isup.me/srbase.myfirewall.org/ is showing down, forums time out, can't return results.

Not sure how to contact Rebirther outside of this forum....
paleseptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 06:36   #74
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

2·32·151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleseptember View Post
SRBase BOINC appears down....

http://isup.me/srbase.myfirewall.org/ is showing down, forums time out, can't return results.

Not sure how to contact Rebirther outside of this forum....
My cable provider is down, sorry. I have stopped the server. I dont know when its fixed.
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 09:54   #75
paleseptember
 
paleseptember's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Wollongong, .au

18310 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirther View Post
My cable provider is down, sorry. I have stopped the server. I dont know when its fixed.
No problems, thanks for the update! My secondary project is PrimeGrid. When SRBase is back up, I'll swap back.
paleseptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 14:25   #76
rebirther
 
rebirther's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Germany

2×32×151 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleseptember View Post
No problems, thanks for the update! My secondary project is PrimeGrid. When SRBase is back up, I'll swap back.
The server is back online.
rebirther is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sieving for CRUS rebirther Conjectures 'R Us 633 2021-02-11 12:29
Status from CRUS-work. MisterBitcoin MisterBitcoin 10 2018-10-06 02:48
Some CRUS stats vmod Conjectures 'R Us 213 2014-02-28 21:23
What are your CRUS plans? rogue Conjectures 'R Us 35 2013-11-09 09:03
how high will CRUS go Mini-Geek Conjectures 'R Us 1 2010-11-08 20:50

All times are UTC. The time now is 00:44.

Wed Mar 3 00:44:19 UTC 2021 up 89 days, 20:55, 0 users, load averages: 2.51, 2.40, 2.50

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.