mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Miscellaneous Math

Old 2006-08-07, 20:22   #12
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

5·2,351 Posts

All hail the mighty bop! I don't think any amount of quaaludes could induce someone to come up with something that good - that's just sheer natural (or perhaps preternatural is the better word) ability there.

Speaking only for myself, the one and only time I attempted to trisect an Angle, his Saxon and Frisian buddies all drew their swords and came after me in a most distressingly rude fashion. No, really! The only way I managed to get away was to engage in silly running-about-on-bent-knees behavior (all while mercilessly taunting my pursuers, at least until I ran out of breath with which to do so - I managed to get in the one about the hamster and the elderberries, though), and finally to jump the English channel to safety. Oh, and "English" channel is of course a pompous Britischer misnomer - as everyone outside of England knows it's really the Sleeve Channel, sogennant because we wily French types, we always having something up our sleeves, mais non? (Fetchez la vache!) Oui, I tol' heem we already got one - yes, it's a-verray nice! Now, go away, or ah shall have to trisect you a second time, you so-called ruler of the English compass with your banging coconut halves, allegedly carried here by swallows with strands of creeper attached to the dorsal guiding feathers. 'Ow stupid do you theenk we clever French types are?
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 20:40   #13
akruppa

"Nancy"
Aug 2002
Alexandria

2,467 Posts

Just great. Now I have that Hensons song stuck in my head.

AAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Alex
akruppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 21:25   #14
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

267538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akruppa
Just great. Now I have that Hensons song stuck in my head.

AAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Alex
Judging only only the lyrics, that sounds more like the theme song from "Flash Gordon", as sung by Queen:

Flash! AAAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Classic movie, that. Quite possibly the best gay SciFi opera co-starring Max von Sydow and some corn-fed Iowa-quarterback type wearing really titey-whitey pants and a personalized "Flash!" T-shirt *ever*.
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote