Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > PrimeNet

Old 2016-10-20, 18:35   #1
3mg4

Mar 2016
Austria

100102 Posts
Default Manual Assignment ERROR 40

Hello,

i read that there are still 4113 LL-D unassigned from Exp 38.000.000, funny thing is when I set Prime to LL-D i get assignments from 42.000.000 and not from the lowest possible.

When i try to get them manually I get Error Code 40:
Code:
Error code: 40
Error text: No assignment available meeting CPU, program code and work preference requirements, cpu_id: XXXXXXX, cpu # = 0, user_id = XXXXX
I Xed out the IDs because i dont know if they are sensitiv or not...

What did I wrong?
3mg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 19:19   #2
Mark Rose

"/X\(‘-‘)/X\"
Jan 2013

37×79 Posts

According to the assignment rules, Category 0 and 1 are not available for manual assignment. At present, that includes all exponents below 38646558.

If you're not signed up for the smallest exponents (an option on that page), you'll also be prevented from getting Category 2 assignments. Category 2 exponents are below 40626932 at present.
Mark Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 20:19   #3
3mg4

Mar 2016
Austria

1810 Posts

its set to the smallest possible.

Could it be that it has to do with my new Computer which had never send any results in?
3mg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 20:32   #4
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

10,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mg4 View Post
its set to the smallest possible. Could it be that it has to do with my new Computer which had never send any results in?
Yes.

You and your computer are not known thus not trusted.

Makes sense.

No?
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 16:30   #5
Madpoo
Serpentine Vermin Jar

Jul 2014

63658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mg4 View Post
its set to the smallest possible.

Could it be that it has to do with my new Computer which had never send any results in?
As replied by others, yes, that's the case.

New CPUs are unknown entities to Primenet. It doesn't know how reliable they are, how fast they are, whether they tend to get exponents and then abandon them, etc.

The rules in place are to make sure the smallest exponents aren't quickly scooped up by all of the new/anonymous systems that do have a habit of picking up work and then vanishing, never to be seen again.

Even then, if it's a CPU with a good track record, if they don't check in some results in the first however many days, it gets expired sooner... all just part of the system to keep the ball rolling on the smallest work and keep those arbitrary milestones ticking along nicely.
Madpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-10, 22:19   #6
mattmill30

Aug 2015

2×23 Posts

So if I wanted to undertake M39074179, how would I go about obtaining the assignment?

Or do I just complete the assignment and make a manual submission, in the hope that it won't be re-assigned in the meantime?
mattmill30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 01:17   #7
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

100111101011102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmill30 View Post
So if I wanted to undertake M39074179, how would I go about obtaining the assignment?

Or do I just complete the assignment and make a manual submission, in the hope that it won't be re-assigned in the meantime?
It does not seem to be assigned.
http://www.mersenne.org/report_expon...exp_hi=&full=1
I believe you could go to the http://www.mersenne.org/manual_assignment/ page, and limit the range to 39074179 high and low, and see if you can get the assignment.
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 01:47   #8
endless mike

Jan 2004
Milwaukee, WI

14010 Posts

Quote:

Go to the Advanced-->Test menu in Prime95. Type in the number. It will start working. Then go to the Advanced-->Manual Communication menu. Select the checkbox Send New Expected Completion Dates to Server (bottom option) do not uncheck the middle option.
Press ok. Prime95 will contact PrimeNet and will generate an assignment key for you if it is needed work.
endless mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-13, 12:26   #9
mattmill30

Aug 2015

2×23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless mike View Post
Go to the Advanced-->Test menu in Prime95. Type in the number. It will start working. Then go to the Advanced-->Manual Communication menu. Select the checkbox Send New Expected Completion Dates to Server (bottom option) do not uncheck the middle option.
Press ok. Prime95 will contact PrimeNet and will generate an assignment key for you if it is needed work.
Ok, I'm performing the LL test on cudalucas.

Would your method allow me to make a manual submission of the residue once it's calculated?

Also, how would I prevent the Prime95 client from undertaking the assignment?
Is it possible to obtain a Double Check allocation, but instruct prime95 not to undertake the test?
Or otherwise can a test be specifically allocated to a CPU which is (known to be) already busy, which I would then have to manually remove from the Prime95 worktodo.
In this case when the result is manually submitted, either would the CPU not be credited or the allocation not be marked as complete by the assigned CPU? Or will the Primenet system handle the submission as if it were made by the trusted prime95 software running on the allocated CPU?
mattmill30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-13, 18:24   #10
kladner

"Kieren"
Jul 2011
In My Own Galaxy!

236568 Posts

Quote:
Ok, I'm performing the LL test on cudalucas.

Would your method allow me to make a manual submission of the residue once it's calculated?

Also, how would I prevent the Prime95 client from undertaking the assignment?
Is it possible to obtain a Double Check allocation, but instruct prime95 not to undertake the test?
Or otherwise can a test be specifically allocated to a CPU which is (known to be) already busy, which I would then have to manually remove from the Prime95 worktodo.
In this case when the result is manually submitted, either would the CPU not be credited or the allocation not be marked as complete by the assigned CPU? Or will the Primenet system handle the submission as if it were made by the trusted prime95 software running on the allocated CPU?
I use P95 to obtain DC assignments. In my case, P95 is running DCs anyway.
(I just looked at the Category 1 rules, and found that I have been taking an unnecessary step: letting the exponent run to about 0.10% on P95, and then make it communicate with PrimeNet and get new completion dates. This was to register the assignment as "started," which is not needed in the time frame that I complete them.)

That said, what I do is entirely manual. I arrange the worktodo.txt so that P95 thinks it needs more work. Once it has obtained the assignments, I move them to the CuLu worktodo.txt. If necessary, restore P95 worktodo.txt.

This kind of finagling will not appeal to everyone.
EDIT: If you are not running DCs on P95, then the only way I know to nip processing in the bud is stop it manually. I am generally getting assignments which are not first in queue, so they don't start immediately. If P95 is only obtaining assignments which you want to run on GPU, then you have to force P95 to get more assignments, and stop it at once, afterward.

Last fiddled with by kladner on 2016-12-13 at 18:31
kladner is offline   Reply With Quote