mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Fun Stuff > Lounge

Old 2022-01-19, 15:33   #1618
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

2·11·263 Posts

In the wake of the recent SCOTUS ruling that scuttled the Federal regulatory vaccine mandate for large empoyers, outdoor and work apparel company Carhartt has reiterated its company policy that vaccination for COVID is a condition of continued employment.

The militantly ignorant are throwing s about "medical tyranny" and calling for a boycott.
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 15:40   #1619
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

7·23·41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
The militantly ignorant are throwing s about "medical tyranny" and calling for a boycott.
And I thought that only liberals participated in "cancel culture".
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 15:40   #1620
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

11·587 Posts

Perhaps instead of mandating vaccines, those choosing to not take them are given an extra right that the vaccinated don't get to enjoy: The right to die from covid without taking up any resources from the health care systems.

I'm not aware of any country currently employing such a policy. Could it work?
retina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 16:32   #1621
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

2×17×191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retina View Post
I'm not aware of any country currently employing such a policy. Could it work?
Depends on what you mean by "work". If you mean kill off some of your political opponents, yes.
It's been proposed by some in the USA, to not only recognize the right to refuse care, which we already have, but to selectively mandate the withholding of care from some, which is a whole other kettle of fish, potentially lethal discrimination for those who hold certain political or religious views. When advocating such measures, it's worthwhile to consider what might happen if the other side was calling the shots, such as alleging that the fully vaccinated being nominally fully protected, have no legitimate claim on limited health care resources, and if there is a breakthrough infection, they should be left to the natural course of the disease unassisted.
Note also that the mass media generally regard those who withhold modern medical care from themselves or their family members on religious grounds as superstitious and dangerously misguided. So now the proposal is to put government in the role of withholding care, on grounds of the religious or political views of citizens being not the approved views?
It is not customary or I think legal, to withhold care from motorcyclists who ride without helmets.

Last fiddled with by kriesel on 2022-01-19 at 16:39
kriesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 17:03   #1622
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

7·23·41 Posts

I have suggested that they treat non-vaccinated COVID patients as tuberculosis patients in the 19th century. Open a sanitarium and send them to it. They can send unvaccinated doctors/nurses to care for them.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 17:59   #1623
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

169A16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
Depends on what you mean by "work". If you mean kill off some of your political opponents, yes.
So, you're saying that refusing to get vaccinated should be presumed to be a political decision. Interesting.

As it is, however, deaths of unvaccinated COVID patients - whether due to refusing treatment or despite the best treatment available - does seem to correlate at the county level to how those counties voted in the last election.

Hey - join a death cult, and it's "Adhere today, gone tomorrow."

I'm aware of cases where unvaccinated COVID patients have died despite the best medical efforts to save them, and then their surviving families blamed the hospital. Sometimes because they didn't administer ivermectin, sometimes because they simply refuse to believe that COVID is real.

People are being denied receiving medical care in a timely manner because unvaccinated COVID patients are sucking up medical resources. Perhaps someone will start a list of such patients who die. I would suggest a simple, easy-to-understand heading like
MURDERED BY ANTI-VAXXERS

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2022-01-19 at 18:01 Reason: w
Old 2022-01-19, 18:37   #1624
firejuggler

"Vincent"
Apr 2010
Over the rainbow

2×72×29 Posts

The "exile" of unvaccinnated people ( bar the real immuno-compromised one) could be framed as a favor, right?

Last fiddled with by firejuggler on 2022-01-19 at 18:37
firejuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 23:00   #1625
pinhodecarlos

"Carlos Pinho"
Oct 2011
Milton Keynes, UK

13AC16 Posts

From where I come from kids need to have full vacination to be able to register in a public school, primary school. Now I see these kids against vacination. Also when we travel to risk countries we are only allowed in if we take the specific vacination. I see the parallel but those guy's not.
pinhodecarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 07:31   #1626
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

35×41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
But the fact remains, if he'd simply taken the jab months ago,
or if he'd simply keep his f'king mouth shut, no one would care/know, and he would be now playing. But he decided to boast on the web that he is the only person in the universe that can go anywhere without being vaccinated. Now people call him No-vax Djokerich or so... From which you see that every bird dies on its own tongue...

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2022-01-20 at 08:14
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 14:03   #1627
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

2·11·263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
or if he'd simply keep his f'king mouth shut, no one would care/know, and he would be now playing. But he decided to boast on the web that he is the only person in the universe that can go anywhere without being vaccinated. Now people call him No-vax Djokerich or so...
Not quite. As I understand it, Australian entry requirements say you have to provide proof that you are either vaccinated against COVID, or are medically unfit to be vaccinated. He didn't have proof of either.
Old 2022-01-20, 14:14   #1628
retina
Undefined

"The unspeakable one"
Jun 2006
My evil lair

11001001110012 Posts

Now you guys made me read about this Novax thing.

AIUI he met all the criteria with regard to recovery from covid within 6 months and/or got the vax (for him it was the former). But the problem appears to be his mouthing off (and encouraging (apparently)) the no-vax cause. So the Oz minister decided it was not in the public interest to allow such a person into the country.

But there appears to be an extra matter of "lying" on the entry form about his activities/travels within the previous few weeks. Either as a mistake, or a deliberate omission, by his agent (again apparently). So perhaps that was also a factor in the embannening.

It is hard to know the real reasons, the press are so biased and leave out too many things they don't like. Yuck, the MSM are awful.
retina is offline   Reply With Quote