Old 2016-08-04, 15:00   #12
VBCurtis

"Curtis"
Feb 2005
Riverside, CA

515910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akujik View Post
30 hours on mprime with 47/25 isn't good?

I clearly don't with a higher cache though since that is what I am explaining and wanted to know about those 2 specific issues/failures, you are right about that.
If your car stalled once every 30 hours, would you call it reliable?

The info you gave us = hardware isn't stable. It seems you're defending settings different from those you spoke of as stable, which really doesn't matter to us. The title of your post has been answered- when you have an issue, it's your overclock.
VBCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-04, 18:23   #13
Akujik

Aug 2016

68 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCurtis View Post
If your car stalled once every 30 hours, would you call it reliable?

The info you gave us = hardware isn't stable. It seems you're defending settings different from those you spoke of as stable, which really doesn't matter to us. The title of your post has been answered- when you have an issue, it's your overclock.
It stalled zero times once every 30 hours at 47/25 - That was my answer to the person that said 'you cant run it at that high of a frequency its not possible'

As I explained, I was asking about those 2 issues which were now explained as failures by people actually reading the question, when I started increasing the cache.

I was defending the settings different from the ones I spoke of because someone said "you cant get it stable with frequency that high" when I clearly have.

but it is okay, it is no longer crashing at the same exact time anymore it turned out to be a random temperature spike which was alleviated after fixing my mounting again. I'm guessing mprime closing itself without any warning was the OS just killing the program or something else to protect the cpu. Meaning it was indeed a crash.

And the segmentation fault was definitely an issue with Cache/Memory, seems people misspoke in this forum about it being a bug with an older version.

Specific answers, they work sometimes. Seems half the people here are hellbent on just saying 'that means its not stable' and ignoring any actual question/giving real answers.

In conclusion: Thank you to the 2 people in this thread that actually read the question and knew how to answer in an intelligent format.
Akujik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-04, 18:55   #14
wombatman
I moo ablest echo power!

May 2013

32·199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akujik View Post
but it is okay, it is no longer crashing at the same exact time anymore it turned out to be a random temperature spike which was alleviated after fixing my mounting again. I'm guessing mprime closing itself without any warning was the OS just killing the program or something else to protect the cpu. Meaning it was indeed a crash.
Doesn't this suggest that it was instability with your CPU? Perhaps not the frequency you chose, but one of the other settings you messed with? You would also do well to read the Triple Check thread (http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=17108) for examples of unstable systems that didn't necessarily throw "OHMYGOD" errors.

Last fiddled with by wombatman on 2016-08-04 at 18:55
wombatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 09:16   #15
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

"name field"
Jun 2011
Thailand

24×617 Posts

You are welcome!
Click image for larger version

Name:	stability.PNG