mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Factoring Projects > Aliquot Sequences

Old 2016-10-19, 17:16   #166
ChristianB

Apr 2013
Germany

7·43 Posts

Yup, an update solved it. Looks like the HTML did not contain the correct tags at the first try. Usually this is detected but here it wasn't. Those problems should fix themselves within a week when the sequence is updated again.
ChristianB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 22:28   #167
Stargate38

"Daniel Jackson"
May 2011

2×13×23 Posts

It's fixed now. It says "Guide: 2^3*3*5", and there aren't any other "Guide: 1" sequences.
Stargate38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 11:24   #168
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

28·11 Posts

Hi all,
my pages for Aliquot Sequences on rieselprime.de were not updated for a long time, because of:
Downloading of ~9000 pages at once isn't possible any more from FactorDB, so my script won't work.

For the last 2 years I'm now interested in the MediaWiki software (Wikipdedia et al. uses this) to create, manage and configure my own Wiki (running a Wiki for a year now in a jigsaw puzzle forum: ~7000 puzzles are stored with many data and pictures, multilanguage support and others).

So I got an account for MersenneWiki of this forum. I've just created/changed the page for "Aliquot Sequences Search".

There's a table to insert entries with aliquot sequences and their data by hand. Examples and descriptions are available and the table with some entries.

Take a look and post your opinion.

Other tables or data could also be stored there, if the usage is simple as can be: using so called "templates" will do the most work: only give the parameters and ok.

If the MediaWiki version would be newer, there're even more capabilities: for those examples of ALQ only one template would be necessary: a parameter with "Don"/"Res"/"Opn" could be used for switching the code created in the table.
kar_bon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 13:35   #169
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3·29·83 Posts

Er... how does that mesh with http://www.rechenkraft.net/aliquot/AllSeq.html ? That's a continually updated list of all 9000 pulled directly from the FDB (and not hosted by me, so not disappearing anytime soon).

Also, the page says this:

Quote:
P.Zimmermann has released seq 276.
Is that true? Hasn't he been working on the Lehmer 5 for years and years?

Last fiddled with by Dubslow on 2017-05-03 at 13:37
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 13:54   #170
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

281610 Posts

Thanks, I was not aware of the list at rechenkraft.net.

Such Wiki is a good place to hold data actual and everyone can update themselves, not only one person like I did for primes and other things.
The poor at MersenneWiki is the old software version and the fact, you have to know what to do.
With templates inputs can be done more easier without knowing the software.

So I thought Aliqout could be a project to handle those reservations/terminations.

It's a pitty that there're thousands of post or pages spreaded all over the net but no page to find almost all data.

To Zimmermann's reservation: see his page it says:
Quote:
25 March 2017: I stop extending the 276 sequence, after finding no factor by ECM of the c201 (tested up to 60 digits) at index 2051
That's what I mean: spreaded all over the net and nobody will find ever those small information.

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2017-05-03 at 13:55
Old 2017-05-04, 06:16   #171
Dubslow
Basketry That Evening!

"Bunslow the Bold"
Jun 2011
40<A<43 -89<O<-88

3·29·83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar_bon View Post
Thanks, I was not aware of the list at rechenkraft.net.

Such Wiki is a good place to hold data actual and everyone can update themselves, not only one person like I did for primes and other things.
The poor at MersenneWiki is the old software version and the fact, you have to know what to do.
With templates inputs can be done more easier without knowing the software.

So I thought Aliqout could be a project to handle those reservations/terminations.

It's a pitty that there're thousands of post or pages spreaded all over the net but no page to find almost all data.

To Zimmermann's reservation: see his page it says:

That's what I mean: spreaded all over the net and nobody will find ever those small information.
I agree there's a lot of fragmentation, but unfortunately there's no real good solution.

I would note however that this forum/rechenkraft are in charge of 5 and 6 digit sequences; Christophe Clavier is the central point of contact for 4 digits, and Zimmerman is the central point of contact for 3 digits (well I guess except 276).

That's a total of 3 most-relevant sites today, not too bad. Has been worse in the past.

Incidentally, do we the forum want to take on 276 (perhaps at the expense of 4788)? It should be mostly doable except for linear algebra. That would require significant resources that maybe not even Tom can bring to bear (even if he were willing).

Last fiddled with by Dubslow on 2017-05-04 at 06:16
Dubslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 06:49   #172
kar_bon

Mar 2006
Germany

28×11 Posts

The intention of creating my pages at rieselprime.de 10 years ago was to collect data spreaded over the whole forum and display a condensed version of those information and to easily find all related stuff.

So for the old 15k-search project those days to say a special k-val was searched up to a given n-val, without looking dozens of post or thread in here.

As there're many projects working on such problems it's no managable anymore like I did a long time.

I saw the possibility of a Wiki software to give users the chance to update those page by themselves.
The problem is you have to know how to edit and that's in my opinion to many users reason enough not doing so.

The page at MersenneWiki is an example how this could be done more userfriendly without knowing much about the Wiki interna.

It would also help to collect and summarize information about users doing their own searches but haven't their own page to dislpay them.

For ALQs Zimmerman, Clavier and seqs reserved by others than yoyo could put their data in there, too, so things like 276 won't be missed then.

Whishful thinking I know, but the internet was started because someone had an idea to make work easier.

Last fiddled with by kar_bon on 2017-05-04 at 06:51
Old 2020-05-07, 10:25   #173
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

52×73 Posts

Wouldn't be the right time to change the title of the blue page, after more than two years, from "Current status of aliquot sequences with start term below 1 2 million" to "Current status of aliquot sequences with start term below 1 2 3 million", or even "Current status of aliquot sequences with start term below 1 2 3 million"
Whichever suits them better...

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2020-05-07 at 10:26
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote