mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search > Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-12-28, 23:29   #67
ValerieVonck
 
ValerieVonck's Avatar
 
Mar 2004
Belgium

33×31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
I have posted srsieve (v 1.0.6), sr2sieve (v 1.9.2), and sr1sieve (v 1.4.6)

These should build cleanly on both 64-bit Windows and OS X.
Rogue, in your links you posted a reference to sr1sieve 1.4.5?
When I go to home.roadrunner.com/~mrodenkirch/sr1sieve_1.4.6.zip => file not found?

regards
c
ValerieVonck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 05:08   #68
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

22·52·59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricVonck View Post
Rogue, in your links you posted a reference to sr1sieve 1.4.5?
When I go to home.roadrunner.com/~mrodenkirch/sr1sieve_1.4.6.zip => file not found?

regards
c
Sorry that is 1.4.5. I just remembered one problem I ran into with the asm module lookup-x86-64.S. mingw64 allows for ".align 16" but gcc (llvm) does not. I haven't tried with clang. Changing to ".align 15" works on gcc (llvm), but not mingw64.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 18:06   #69
G30ffr3y
 
Nov 2011

19 Posts
Default

I have modified sr2sieve to read from pfgw format files (and general ABC format). To do so, simply add the -w flag when calling from the command line. You can also use the -i flag along with it.

It has worked correctly in all tests thus far, and I cannot envisage any possible problems. There is a slight slowdown when reading a large number of sequences and/or terms (seconds rather than minutes), but it is less than the time to run srfile for the same file.

I'm not really sure if it should be 1.9.3, but there you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sr2sieve_1.9.3.zip (314.8 KB, 96 views)
G30ffr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 18:30   #70
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

22×52×59 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30ffr3y View Post
I have modified sr2sieve to read from pfgw format files (and general ABC format). To do so, simply add the -w flag when calling from the command line. You can also use the -i flag along with it.

It has worked correctly in all tests thus far, and I cannot envisage any possible problems. There is a slight slowdown when reading a large number of sequences and/or terms (seconds rather than minutes), but it is less than the time to run srfile for the same file.

I'm not really sure if it should be 1.9.3, but there you go.
Thanks. I'll take a look. Presuming there are no problems, I'll post on my website.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:06   #71
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

170C16 Posts
Default

I have posted sr2sieve 1.9.3 on my website. I made one change. I removed the -w option that was added. My version of sr2sieve will read the first line of the input file and use that to determine if it is an abcd or pfgw file.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 23:48   #72
Xentar
 
Xentar's Avatar
 
Sep 2006

2·3·31 Posts
Default

sr1sieve 1.4.5, windows x64
I think there is a double line break after a found factor:

Code:
138069900833 | 244*17^1974974+1

p=138069991991, 38610079 p/sec, 3542 factors, 0.1% done, 16 sec/factor, ETA 05 M
138197831713 | 244*17^1567610+1

p=138197918107, 39337674 p/sec, 3543 factors, 0.1% done, 16 sec/factor, ETA 05 M
Xentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:07   #73
f1pokerspeed
 
Jun 2012

11010102 Posts
Default -t switch: problems with sr1sieve

I'm using sr1sieve v1.4.6 and I'm having trouble trying to multithread the sieve.
I've tried putting the command -t 4 and its various forms at the start and end of the arguments and nothing seems to work - the program exits in roughly 0.2s. A quick flash, at the most. Without the command, the sieve works fine - so I am not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

By the way, I've also tried to do this with v1.4.5.

Last fiddled with by f1pokerspeed on 2013-03-29 at 21:08
f1pokerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:32   #74
rogue
 
rogue's Avatar
 
"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

170C16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1pokerspeed View Post
I'm using sr1sieve v1.4.6 and I'm having trouble trying to multithread the sieve.
I've tried putting the command -t 4 and its various forms at the start and end of the arguments and nothing seems to work - the program exits in roughly 0.2s. A quick flash, at the most. Without the command, the sieve works fine - so I am not sure what the problem is. Any ideas?

By the way, I've also tried to do this with v1.4.5.
Which OS?
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:56   #75
f1pokerspeed
 
Jun 2012

2·53 Posts
Default

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.
CPU: Intel i5-2430M @ 2.4 -> 3.2 GHz w/ TB. 2 core with HT.
GPU Intel iGPU 2000
f1pokerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 23:42   #76
pepi37
 
pepi37's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
After milion nines:)

53E16 Posts
Default

sr2sieve 1.93 ( Win7 x64)

D:\PGEN>sr2sieve -t2 -A0 -A2 -i sr_10.abcd -p59004308141 -P15000000000000
sr2sieve: unknown option -- t

Last fiddled with by pepi37 on 2013-03-29 at 23:44
pepi37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 23:48   #77
henryzz
Just call me Henry
 
henryzz's Avatar
 
"David"
Sep 2007
Cambridge (GMT/BST)

2×2,861 Posts
Default

I don't think multithreading is possible on windows.
From memory it uses pthreads which I think is officially linux only. It does seem to be possible to build on win32 now and there seem to be claims of having it working for 64-bit. You would have to compile sr1sieve yourself to take advantage of this on windows.

Last fiddled with by henryzz on 2013-03-29 at 23:51
henryzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sieving twins with srsieve henryzz Twin Prime Search 0 2014-03-18 12:44
Intel announces multi-core enhancements for Haswell chips ixfd64 Hardware 8 2012-02-10 20:32
LLRnet enhancements kar_bon No Prime Left Behind 10 2008-03-28 11:21
TODO list and suggestions/comments/enhancements Greenbank Octoproth Search 2 2006-12-03 17:28
Suggestions for future enhancements Reboot It Software 16 2003-10-17 01:31

All times are UTC. The time now is 16:59.

Mon Sep 21 16:59:44 UTC 2020 up 11 days, 14:10, 1 user, load averages: 1.91, 1.71, 1.66

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.