Mumbai,India

22·33·19 Posts
Red face No threads or posts from me!

I have stopped posting of threads and replies as a protest to the foll:

16 Mar 07 You have received a warning at mersenneforum.org
05:17 PM S485122
16 Mar 07 You have received an infraction at mersenneforum.org
05:07 PM S485122

Whereas I have taken it in the right spirit and will abide by them (the rules) I dont think it is just, after well nigh 1500 posts to the forum.
The terminology I used for genitalia in my post has been liberally used by others. Also 'sore throat' is not an insult but a medical condition.

I am thoroughly demoralised by this and have lost my flamboyant style with which sometimes I flavour my posts.

To show my utter disgust with this sort of ruling I have temporarily suspended all posts and I wont be replying to any enquiries sent to me.

Mally
mfgoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 17:09   #2
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

32·19·47 Posts

Read the infraction thread.

http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=7543

The infraction system is now disabled and considered by some to be the work of Satan.

If everyone who has had an infraction posted against them quit posting, only philmoore would be left.
Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 17:52   #3
davieddy

"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

2×3×13×83 Posts

No more posts from Mally?
Is that a threat or a promise?
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 18:20   #4
hhh

Jun 2005

373 Posts

Ten bucks that he's going to be back soon enough. H.
hhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 18:35   #5
MooooMoo
Apprentice Crank

Mar 2006

2×227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davieddy View Post
No more posts from Mally?
Is that a threat or a promise?
The key word is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfgoode
To show my utter disgust with this sort of ruling I have temporarily suspended all posts and I wont be replying to any enquiries sent to me.
Hmmm............
MooooMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 19:08   #6
ET_
Banned

"Luigi"
Aug 2002
Team Italia

22·3·401 Posts

Mally wrote good posts about history of Maths, and gave us hints about Indian culture and researchers.

His posts are rich of humour and intensity, and he's a good friend.

His temper is not bad, you should acquire middle east sensitivity from him.

Just because he writes in a different way and different moods is not enough, for me, to give him infractions.

To me, Mike did the right thing disabling the infraction system.

Luigi
ET_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 19:17   #7
Xyzzy

"Mike"
Aug 2002

175458 Posts

Even scarier, there is a "Reputation" system that we have available.

Basically, you vote for people based on the content of their posts. As they gain "Reputation Power" they get enhanced things, like neat titles and various trinkets. Well, we don't know about the trinkets, but it sounded good.

When we looked at it in depth, we noticed a lot of ways the system could be manipulated for evil. Plus, it is really complicated. So we have never turned it on.

Xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 20:46   #8
Wacky

Jun 2003
The Texas Hill Country

108910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
they get enhanced things, like neat titles and various trinkets. Well, we don't know about the trinkets, but it sounded good.
I distinctly recall some trinkets ....

Didn't they go to the "Mule-headed"?
Wacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 00:37   #9
cheesehead

"Richard B. Woods"
Aug 2002
Wisconsin USA

22×3×641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfgoode View Post
I have stopped posting of threads and replies as a protest

< snip >

I am thoroughly demoralised by this and have lost my flamboyant style with which sometimes I flavour my posts.

Mally,

I will be very sad if no more of your flamboyantly-styled or -flavoured posts appear.

I hope this unfortunate matter will be resolved satisfactorily.

Richard
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 21:45   #10
Patrick123

Jan 2006
JHB, South Africa

157 Posts

Mally,

If its related to the Cricket WC... I'm sorry!!!! (I know it is not!!!!) Although other people may object to you shooting from the hip!!!! I've always regarded you, not as a worthy opponent( even though you are), but somebody that says what is on you're mind and is prepared to defend your point of view. I always have to think twice before I reply to your postings(you never know, I always make a fool of myself) so please #&%!@ the other people, there are other people that enjoy your take of any situation that unfolds!!!

Said in the kindest manner possible
Patrick!!!!
Patrick123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 16:32   #11
mfgoode
Bronze Medalist

Jan 2004
Mumbai,India

22×33×19 Posts
Thumbs up Thank you folks!

Well I'm back with a and by popular demand too !

I love the members of mersenneforum and cant stay away regardless of the controversial posts I send in from time to time.

You must admit that it spawns many replies and creativity in the other posters.

Well this is the life of a retired world traveller and at 68 I'm still kicking- dont take it too literally, as I may get another infraction if I add 'your butt'.

For
those not accustomed to the English way of life it might sound offensive so please excuse me this once.

For your information I smoke 60 cigs a day and have ten cuppas of coffee.
For those who do the same please take a 50 mg. of aspirin, preferably coated ,and 1000mg of Vitamin C (Celin) daily to avoid sudden clots reaching the heart or brain. The option is to drink a small glass of early morning urine which is widely practised in India. If its offensive to you, please drop it.

But what else do you want a guy to do but sip strong coffee and smoke cigarettes and reply to my loved ones on the forum ?

No Pat 123 cricket is not what caused me to withdraw and as a start please refer to my post in the lounge forum on cricket.

Love to all,

Mally
mfgoode is offline   Reply With Quote