Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Extra Stuff > Science & Technology

Old 2005-03-02, 00:06   #1
David John Hill Jr

Jun 2003
Pa.,U.S.A.

3048 Posts
Default Stars and Mersennes

I had on odd idea some time ago,
and think it worth putting out, even though impossible , (I would think) yo prove,
but interesting to conjecture.

Could it be that stars are giant Mersennes struggling to maintain themselved?

(In fact this might not be limited to stars)
David John Hill Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-06, 19:58   #2
David John Hill Jr

Jun 2003
Pa.,U.S.A.

22·72 Posts
Default Comment

Quite some time ago I read in a surface science book that the surface between a liquid and its vapo(u)r is infinite. Quite frankly I couldn't
understand how something in a test-tube could be infinite in scope.
When looking at Dr. Silverman's comments on the full set onto itself as being infinite (as was crossreferenced to this thread) I began to understand what might be the logic behind the surface science statement. I want to thank Dr. Silverman .
In fact the perception that such is also possibly applicable to ,and responsible for the extreme heat at the surface of the sun also dawned
on me.
While I didn't want to comment while STS14 was in progress, a comment by the active project administrator, that Niels Bohr had given up his surface science investigations, as too difficult, and decided to work on what was to become quantum physics had my sympathy and humor in response.
Finally as to the cross reference, the possibility of a theorem was introduced. LAWS of physics are supported by the evidence , which
brings them into the physics world, as having been proven. My comment,in this thread was applying to the physics proof, however, a mathematical proof and detailed statement might be forthcoming if and when I have a fuller understanding myself. I am thankful for the crossreference made.
So far, I have only put Mersennes at the cent(r)e(r) of attention,in this thread.
Old 2009-12-13, 09:47   #3
David John Hill Jr

Jun 2003
Pa.,U.S.A.

22×72 Posts
Default An update on possibilities and R&D

The perfect , given some notion of '1' , could be responsible for the perception of accelerant seperation.
Given a change of the magnitude of '1' , and the edge of the universe could be another universe.
Notice , as one begins the (a) set of mersennes as ongong , the definition or precisely magnitude of '1' has to be fixed. This is not to say
some other magnitude would 'never' find a way to interreact, but it might
necessarily require a new universe definition.

I am just stating a continuation of mersenne primes involvement.
All other primes might be out there slipping by ,unnoticed, because
of a total inability to connect (syn. react).

All still a continuation of the conjecture, and coupled with sound