Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Prime Search Projects > No Prime Left Behind

Old 2008-06-30, 04:40   #67
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2·32·5·113 Posts

David,

I determined the problem on the port 8000 and 8500 results files for 6/29:

1. The port 8000 results do have all of the results for only that port and day but they are doubled up. They are all in the file twice. See the times of processing.

2. As previously stated, the port 8500 results have all of the port 8000 results in it for that day.

So, somehow the port 8000 results for 6/29 were TRIPLED! They were in the port 8000 results doubled and were erroneously in the port 8500 results also.

So...we need to replace both the port 8000 and 8500 results files with the files attached in a zip file to this post. The files are named the same as the incorrect files on your site within the zipped file so they should be easy to replace.

Anon, there were 211 erroneous results of mine in the port 8500 results file for 6/29. The incorrect ones are in the port 8000 file attached here. Those somehow need to be removed from Adam's server.

Thanks,
Gary
Attached Files
File Type: zip corrected_results_20080629_IBllrnet_8000_8500.zip (40.7 KB, 79 views)

Last fiddled with by gd_barnes on 2008-06-30 at 04:41
gd_barnes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 04:42   #68
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

1017010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronBits View Post
Here is 5000 - no primes
again, a COPY of what will be there tomorrow, plus whatever work was done between when I made the copy and when I process them in the morning.

OK, yeah I got that previously. Sorry...I should have stated that I understood. I was merely showing you what appeared on the site.

That sounds good that they will be there in the morning. Thanks for checking.

Gary
Old 2008-07-01, 02:59   #69
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2·32·5·113 Posts

All the results files now look good David. Thanks for looking into things.

G
Old 2008-07-01, 03:54   #70
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

3×7×53 Posts

I also fixed the file dates to match the date each results file was processed.
Only two scripts do all the work now.
One does the knpairs.txt, looks for primes during the day, and the page is updated hourly on the hour.

The second one, which runs once a day at 06:58 Arizona time, collects the results.txt files from each server type and all it's ports, converts the unix time to windows time format, scans for primes, if any found, adds to the primes_port#.txt for each server type (crus nplb llrnet) and creates a processing logfile so we can see what happened during it's run.
The links to the processing logfile, the results files, the files that contain all the primes that were found for each server type and each port since it started up, all should all be working from the main index page for each server type (crus nplb llrnet).

Hopefully that will be the end of any problems.
Next up, when Anon gets back and settled in will be to create .csv files for Adam to fetch so he can automate the importing of the data into his databases.

Last fiddled with by IronBits on 2008-07-01 at 04:02
IronBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 19:56   #71
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Okay, when I get back I'll send a list of Gary's results that got in port 8500's results to Adam so he can remove them from his database.

(Ugh! This dial-up is driving me crazy! And with a large download running in the background to boot!)

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2008-07-01 at 19:59
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 03:45   #72
Brucifer

Dec 2005

4718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
Definitely put all of your machines on Ironbits port 8500 until we dry it and then move them all to port 300.
Gary
It's looking like 8500 should go dry sometime tomorrow. Then I'll probably close a bunch down due to heat. Been working the a/c overtime to get this dried up.
Brucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 09:52   #73
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

2·32·5·113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
It's looking like 8500 should go dry sometime tomorrow. Then I'll probably close a bunch down due to heat. Been working the a/c overtime to get this dried up.
Aw, what the heh? It's only money. See my post in drive 1. Bring the house to port 300 after 8500!

I like having my machines in my basement. Very little extra A/C costs although nearly $100/month electric to run 6 quads. I have noticed that the basement is now only slightly cooler than the rest of the house. It used to be very noticibly cooler. (2-3 deg. F vs. 4-5 F difference I think) I could probably double it to 12 quads with only slight impact to A/C running even near 100 deg. F outside. It's still heck not having work machines to run on anymore. lol

Where do you have your machines? Can you relocate them to a cooler part of your house? Easier said than done I know.

Gary
Old 2008-07-02, 15:22   #74
Brucifer

Dec 2005

313 Posts

House is built on a slab so no basement unfortunately. The garage is much much hotter than the house. I have all the systems located in a single room that was added to the house specifically for the computers, along with a separate a/c system for the computer room. Also had separate power lines run to the room just for the computers too. As for spreading the systems out around the house, that would start WWIII with the wife. The neighbor has a huge oak tree that shades the computer room in the afternoons which helps somewhat. The whole system works pretty well in the normal fall/winter/spring. However this year it seems as we went from total rain to high humidity and heat, bypassing the normal fairly long transition period. We are now into the heat we normally get in August/Sept, which started this year in the last week of June. Thus the load on the a/c is really increased. Not any other options than just shutting off systems to bring the a/c load down. And add to that the rising gas/food, and it is denting my budget. I only retired from the military, not the US Senate.

And the gas is hitting me hard as my mother is in a special medical care unit that is 280 mile away (round trip) so it has all really cut into my "play" money. As I mentioned in another post here somewhere, my wife decided to keep working for another year or two, so that is the only reason I'm able to keep the computers running under the present circumstances. No crying here, just stating the facts as they sit. So that puts my computing hobby pretty much on a week by week thing. :)

Last fiddled with by Brucifer on 2008-07-02 at 15:31
Old 2008-07-02, 19:55   #75
gd_barnes

May 2007
Kansas; USA

27BA16 Posts

Wow, you put a lot of thought into your hobby. Much more than me. That must be some nasty electric bill with the number of machines that you are running.

The choice was obvious for me with my basement being 5+ degrees cooler than the rest of the house year around. The only issue was getting connected from my 2nd floor internet setup. (I still wanted my main desktop machine in my bedroom for ease of personal use.) I felt that wireless was probably going to be too inconsistent so I wanted a line ran down to them. Fortunately a good friend that I hired to build the machines for me figured a way to run a wire through the walls down 2 floors and now I have a stable connection to run rallies on 5-6 quads.

Gary
Old 2008-07-02, 20:41   #76
Brucifer

Dec 2005

313 Posts

I was a network/server_room weenie before I retired. I hope to get transitioned to newer quads, and had planned on it until the gas thing hit. I'll still get there but it's gonna take some time. But that should also decrease the electrical bill, along with reducing the heat output. As you say, it's only bucks. :) The only problem is that we only have so many of those bucks to play with! :)
Old 2008-07-03, 04:28   #77
IronBits
I ♥ BOINC!

Oct 2002
Glendale, AZ. (USA)

3·7·53 Posts

I hear that! Need to find and plant a money tree
Back in the day, when I had ~30 computers in my 12 x 12 bedroom in California, I had a 3,000 cfm exhaust fan in the window to suck the heat out. I also slept in there.
Talk about noisy with all them xeons and them darn 10,000 rpm fans and a $500 per month electricty bill. :yikes:
My brother Tim was doing the same thing, except he put 10 computers to a bedroom in his house and turned on the swamp coolers to get the heat out.
No more of that. Now I'm like Brucifer in that I have a computer room with an A/C unit.
When it gets over 100F 24x7 here in Phoenix, Arizona and the summer prices of electricity shoot up an another 10%, I to need to turn off computers.
And I toned it way down now. Get more horses in one quad than 10 computers back then.
Five of my PS3s today can do what both our pharmages could produce in OGR/RC5 together...
Ahhhh, the good ole days, sniff

Last fiddled with by IronBits on 2008-07-03 at 04:32
IronBits is offline   Reply With Quote