Uncwilly
6809 > 6502

"""""""""""""""""""
Aug 2003
101×103 Posts

8,389 Posts

demostraction
noun
1. an attempt to divert attention from the real problem by showing off some elaborate Rube Goldberg math.
Uncwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-01, 15:14   #475
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

5×11×157 Posts

I was carefully following this, and wondering, of course, I kinda beat both of them occasionally at different sudoku flavors, especially because they waste a lot of time with explanations for audience, but for this kind of cryptic crosswords I have no clue, and the best I can do is to watch and wonder. I could do them in my native language, up to a certain level, but for English, I am totally lost, but won't waste a good opportunity to learn and wonder.

The guy is really good! But when he filled the definition for "COARSE", well... I almost fell down from the chair. I was thinking immediately to this forum thread, haha.
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-01, 15:33   #476
xilman
Bamboozled!

May 2003
Down not across

27B516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurV View Post
I was carefully following this, and wondering, of course, I kinda beat both of them occasionally at different sudoku flavors, especially because they waste a lot of time with explanations for audience, but for this kind of cryptic crosswords I have no clue, and the best I can do is to watch and wonder. I could do them in my native language, up to a certain level, but for English, I am totally lost, but won't waste a good opportunity to learn and wonder.

The guy is really good! But when he filled the definition for "COARSE", well... I almost fell down from the chair. I was thinking immediately to this forum thread, haha.
That's for newbies.

The site for real men, real women and real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri is listenercrossword.com
xilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-04, 09:42   #477
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

21BB16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
The site for real men...
Quote:
Welcome to the website for the Listener Crossword, the world’s oldest “thematic” crossword puzzle. The puzzle is published each Saturday in The Times (UK) newspaper. It is also available online by subscription to [blah blah] website, along with all of [blah blah] crossword puzzles.
Booooo! (intentionally blahblaharized).

Last fiddled with by LaurV on 2020-07-04 at 09:45
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-06, 10:22   #478
Nick

Dec 2012
The Netherlands

72·29 Posts

Clothing store: a shop selling clothes - but only to people who have some already.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote