Old 2021-10-07, 17:18   #1486
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

31×191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Sardonicus View Post
Well that ought to boost profits in its vaccine line. Impact on mask volume is uncertain.
https://xkcd.com/2515/ and remember to park the mouse cursor on it for the popup line.
kriesel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 12:36   #1487
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

23×641 Posts

Wisconsin parents file lawsuits against school districts over their children's Covid-19 infections
Quote:
(CNN)Wisconsin parents are suing two school districts over their Covid-19 mitigation efforts, arguing that the systems failed to protect their children from getting infected.
<snip>
Officials and members of the public alike put a high priority on getting students back into in-person learning at the start of this academic year, but how to do so has been a flashpoint for dispute nationwide. In some places, parents have protested restrictions implemented by school officials, and elsewhere, they are asking for more.
<snip>
Dr Sardonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-13, 14:35   #1488
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

512810 Posts

Texan charged in Baltimore with threatening vaccine advocate
Quote:
<snip>
The U.S. Attorney's Office in Baltimore announced that Scott Eli Harris, 51, of Aubrey, Texas, has been indicted by a federal grand jury on a charge of sending a threat across state lines. He was expected in court in Plano, Texas, on Wednesday ahead of an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Baltimore at a later date, according to the news release.

The one-count indictment alleges that on July 12, Harris sent a threat from his cell phone to the doctor, identified in court documents only as "Dr. L. W., who had been a vocal proponent of the COVID-19 vaccine."

The message crudely referred to the doctor as Chinese and included violent statements such as "Never going to take your wonder drug. My 12 gauge promises I won't. ... I can't wait for the shooting to start," according to the indictment.
Old 2021-10-13, 17:03   #1489
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

31·191 Posts

It would be tough to prove where the children contracted the illness. Although one could argue probabilities based on frequency and duration of possible exposure per location.
"Her son had attended community, church, and Cub Scout functions before testing positive."

https://www.theleadermaker.com/if-youre-taking-flak/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	covid conversation.png
Views:	33
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	25924  
Old 2021-10-15, 05:23   #1490
a1call

"Rashid Naimi"
Oct 2015
Remote to Here/There

2×1,087 Posts

A Must-See investigative-Report from Sky-News Australia:

https://youtu.be/oh2Sj_QpZOA

And some circumstantial recent news:

Quote:
WHO chief, U.S. and other world leaders criticize China for limiting access of team researching coronavirus origins
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0ca_story.html

Last fiddled with by a1call on 2021-10-15 at 05:29
a1call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-15, 13:18   #1491
PhilF

"6800 descendent"
Feb 2005
Colorado

10101010102 Posts

Sky-News Australia is as far right-wing biased as you can get. I wouldn't trust one word of their spiel. Click bait.
PhilF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-15, 19:33   #1492
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

23·641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilF View Post
Sky-News Australia is as far right-wing biased as you can get. I wouldn't trust one word of their spiel. Click bait.
Saying "The network is right-wing biased" is insufficient.

They're biased on the subject of COVID-19. We have, for example,

Sky News Australia barred for week by YouTube over Covid misinformation
Quote:
1 August
YouTube has barred Sky News Australia from uploading new content for a week, saying it had breached rules on spreading Covid-19 misinformation.

It issued a "strike" under its three-strike policy, the last of which means permanent removal.
<snip>
Sky News Australia is owned by a subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's News Corp and has 1.85 million YouTube subscribers. The ban could affect its revenue stream from Google.

A YouTube statement said it had "clear and established Covid-19 medical misinformation policies based on local and global health authority guidance".

A spokesperson told the Guardian it "did not allow content that denies the existence of Covid-19" or which encouraged people "to use hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin to treat or prevent the virus". Neither has been proven to be effective against Covid.

The videos in question "did not provide sufficient countervailing context", the spokesperson said.
<snip>
Comments by veteran Sky presenter Alan Jones have triggered debate in Australia.

In one 12 July broadcast with MP Craig Kelly, both men claimed Delta was not as dangerous as the original and vaccines would not help.

The Sky News website issued an apology.

Sydney radio host Ray Hadley said Jones's performances had "allowed conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxers... to gain support from a minority who think the virus is nothing more than a dose of flu".

Australia's Daily Telegraph last week ended the column Jones wrote for it.
<snip>

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2021-10-15 at 19:34
Old 2021-10-15, 20:37   #1493
a1call

"Rashid Naimi"
Oct 2015
Remote to Here/There

1000011111102 Posts

Thanks for the research. I had no idea. FTR, the video that I posted has no content related to Covid denial. Not considering any possible hidden agendas, it seems like a set of interviews in support of possible/probable origin of Covid-19 being a biolab in Wuhan.
a1call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-15, 21:37   #1494
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

10100000010002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1call View Post
<snip>
Not considering any possible hidden agendas, it seems like a set of interviews in support of possible/probable origin of Covid-19 being a biolab in Wuhan.
My understanding is, the folks at Sky Network Australia had been pushing the "lab leak theory" for some time before the "Special Investigation." It may thus be reasonably argued that one agenda of the "investigation" was to confirm a previously-advocated position.

If there was any evidence uncovered that was deemed appropriate to hand over to authorities rather than using it for a sensational exposé, I am unaware of it.

Since Sharri Markson, Investigations Editor at Skynet Australia, is also the author of a book of the same name as the video ("What Really Happened in Wuhan") it might reasonably be argued that the video has the "hidden agenda" of increasing sales of the book.

[W.C. Fields voice]It must be a coincidence...[/W.C. Fields voice]
Old 2021-11-05, 21:19   #1495
kriesel

"TF79LL86GIMPS96gpu17"
Mar 2017
US midwest

31·191 Posts

Pfizer pills Paxlovid reduces risk of hospitalization or death for those determined Covid19 positive by 89%, including those with some comorbidity. https://abc7news.com/pfizer-covid-19...ting/11200928/
Merck has a competitor product, and is further in FDA approval, though producing less dramatic 50% reduction in hospitalizations. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/11/covi...gency-use.html
I wonder if newly-tested-positive unvaccinated Packer QB Aaron Rodgers is getting either of these.
"Homeopathic treatment" instead of vaccination. I thought he was smarter than that. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...te-treatments/

Last fiddled with by Dr Sardonicus on 2021-11-06 at 13:48 Reason: nifgix opyst
Old 2021-11-06, 12:38   #1496
Dr Sardonicus

Feb 2017
Nowhere

23·641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriesel View Post
<snip>
"Homeopathic treatment" instead of vaccination. I thought he was smarter than that. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...te-treatments/
Plus saying he was "immunized" when he wasn't.

From Fox News we have
Quote:
Rodgers may have gotten his inspiration for the "alternative" medicine from fiancé Shailene Woodley.

"I think everything about my lifestyle is fairly alternative," she told Flaunt Magazine back in 2013.

"I gather my own spring water from mountains every month. I go to a farm to get my food. I make everything, from my own toothpaste to my own body lotions and face oils. I could go on for hours. I make my own medicines; I don't get those from doctors. I make my own cheese and forage wild foods and identify wild plants. It's an entire lifestyle. It's appealing to my soul."
There's a saying: "The easiest way to get a boy to do something stupid is a girl."