Old 2013-11-18, 14:12   #1
Raman
Noodles

"Mr. Tuch"
Dec 2007
Chennai, India

3×419 Posts
Default Chess World Championship Match -- 2013, 2014, 2016

Please use this following thread posts in order to discuss any issues some time about FIDE World Chess World Championship Match 2013 between Anand - Carlsen that is being held at my own home town Chennai, India, held being ongoing lively relay Matches / games

Last fiddled with by Raman on 2013-11-18 at 14:37
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 14:25   #2
Raman
Noodles

"Mr. Tuch"
Dec 2007
Chennai, India

3×419 Posts
Default chessvideos.tv web site / web page

I have been lately, recently solving a few / a little / many / several chess puzzles over thereby : Find the best move afterwards towards a set of moves, after to wards wards

http://www.chessvideos.tv/blindfold-chess-quiz.php

I will rather certainly feel that / hope that other people over thereby can also enjoy it too , as well as it within them ,

please give it a try , it within them ,

Last fiddled with by Raman on 2013-11-18 at 14:27
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 15:13   #3
LaurV
Romulan Interpreter

Jun 2011
Thailand

876210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Anand vs Carlsen 2013
BTW, the matches are here.
LaurV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 18:50   #4
Brian-E

"Brian"
Jul 2007
The Netherlands

63028 Posts

I've been rooting for the defending champion from India right from the start but it doesn't look good now. Two full points down with six games to play, and he fails to make anything of his vital White-pieces seventh game at all. Lifeless draw. Does he have anything left now?
Brian-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 19:07   #5
Batalov

"Serge"
Mar 2008
Phi(4,2^7658614+1)/2

9,127 Posts

...and missed a chance in the 3rd. ;-(
Batalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 10:15   #6
Brian-E

"Brian"
Jul 2007
The Netherlands

CC216 Posts

Well, after another dry, solid Berlin Defence to the Spanish opening (game 8), this time with Vishy Anand on the Black side of it, and another lifeless draw, I am assuming that Anand is confident of unleashing one of the variety of theoretical big surprises, which he must have up his sleeve, for tomorrow's 9th game, his last-but-one with the White pieces. He must win to stand any chance now.
Old 2014-03-30, 16:45   #7
axn

Jun 2003

4,703 Posts

Time for a rematch.
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 20:20   #8
Brian-E

"Brian"
Jul 2007
The Netherlands

2×23×71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axn View Post
Time for a rematch.
Yes. I'll be rooting for Vishy Anand to win the title back because I enjoy his style of play more than Carlsen's (who probably still has ten years or more still to go at the top of the game).
Old 2014-09-21, 00:59   #9
diep

Sep 2006
The Netherlands

677 Posts

After the sold match from 2013, let's see how the 2014 match is going.

Interestingly after his childish stupid play (did i tell you again you play like that when you sell games?) in 2013, especially the first 4 games, you bet if i have still money in the bank left, i will bet on a draw the first games.

Please note that Carlsen cooperated with this - yet getting that title was his ambition. He has it now.

It's not clear to me what and how this match in 2014 will bring after the big droop in 2013.

It's true that one of the seconds of Anand ran away, probably taking his analysis to Carlsen with him. That was 2013. Now it's 2014.

Will this be a match where not the first few games are sold? Especially Kasparov could easily sell games of course. He was that superior that no matter what, he could correct score at own strength anyway later on in match.

For Anand it will be crucial to grab all chances he has to win games. We know that Carlsen will make a dogfight out of all his WHITE games and that gives him somehow good odds to win games where doing math matters.

From a distance seen, so far Carlsen is not any special world champion yet. He's just good in math. Good in operating flawlessly like a surgeon. No exciting novelties. Instead he just plays openings and lines that are cooked specifically only against his opponent.

This strategy works - yet it's not the exciting chess out of the days of Kasparov.

You can see Carlsen's style that of a bit of a computer that calculates without flaws. His games are like processed food in that sense. Note he's really good in this.

He really started the wrong career - would have been hell of a surgeon if you can operate this flawlessly.

Anand has a style which is very suicidal against computers. In that sense he's not the most dangerous challenger of Carlsen - yet he clearly managed to qualify himself to play Carlsen.

The only good thing about Anand, don't underestimate this, is that he isn't from Sovjet Russia.

That's the birthplace of worldwide corruption, that Sovjet union, as far as chess matters. I remember negotiations mine with kramnik.

A more corrupt person isn't walking around i suppose in todays world top. Of course he got good lessons there how to do that from master-crook Kasparov.

This is why Topalov is so popular in chess world - harder to bribe for games. It resulted in getting less invitations for specific top tournaments - very sad in itself. Of course Topalov's manager is the opposite of Topalov there - not a very popular guy - i say it polite. Yet they are doing whatever the boss wants of course.

As for the 2014 world champs match Anand - Carlsen.

WE SHALL SEE.

Pronounciation of 'we shall see' as someone who is total uninterested - as it's not a real match.

For someone who cares about statistics - the reason is that probably first few games will end in a draw. If that happens - Anand's chances melt like snow in front of the sun.

Anand is the underdog. The guy who statistically seen will have more problems winning. You just know Carlsen will score 1 or 2 WINS. Anand needs therefore many games to create chances for a victory. That will be usually white games - yet against Carlsen - if you're really good - you also get chances with black.

Carlsen doesn't play unbeatable chess. He's not the 'big champion' that Kasparov was.

We will need to wait for a match Caruana - Carlsen to see someone in action who really can beat Carlsen.

Anand is from before the computer times. He boosted his tactics a bit when computer got more important.

This is a BIG ACHIEVEMENT of Anand. He managed to IMPROVE his chess simply.

Caruana is the new generation. I would prefer a match Carlsen - Caruana.

Caruana has an ocean more elo than Anand anyway. Yet that qualification system in FIDE - let's just say that some corrupt dude who owns 1 oil pump, who likes to dance in whatever manner Moscow prefers most - that guy makes the rules.

Those rules do not favour the guy who is strongest challenger to play the world champs. Carlsen had same problem for a few years.

So that system is total outdated. Made in Moscow.

Imagine that in soccer Germany would not have been allowed to join the world champs soccer in 2014. That would be a good comparision.

So we are left now with Carlsen - Anand.
No question about it that he qualified for it - Anand qualified convincingly.

Yet in soccer terms it's like having a soccerteam with 50 year old players play for the world title against the current German soccer team.

I would prefer the young Italian there (born in USA by the way). Caruana. He plays more exciting chess and more importantly - makes more of a chance. Don't expect much however. That said - Carlsen is not unbeatable. In order to create chances to play for a win with white, Carlsen simply clearly doesn't go for the best moves with white. That's where there are chances. Yet you need more than just big talent (like Anand has) to win then. Anand will need to play his best games ever to beat Carlsen. It's not impossible to do this. Anand has improved himself before as well. Yet it's statistically very unlikely.

Seems for now we need to wait for a few more years to have an exciting world championships match.

That is - if moscow doesn't find a new rule/trick to qualify somehow a Russian to play Carlsen - like moscow did find tricks in the past.

Last fiddled with by diep on 2014-09-21 at 01:23
diep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 16:27   #10
axn

Jun 2003

4,703 Posts

What a game. And just like that, the match is on!
axn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 16:39   #11
diep

Sep 2006
The Netherlands

677 Posts

Yes game 2 from Magnus was magnificent. He improved theory with a new idea where white can also exchange pieces.

Anand on other hand plays just = lines with white.

They could make good money betting on anand today. Payout 6.9x

Most bookmakers, after the obvious selling of Anand previous match, no longer allow betting at this match.
Just a few do.

So they grabbed that 6.9x payout.

With = lines. A world champion who would lose against = lines. Think about it before you go to bed.

He had a 1 point lead. Could do what he wanted. And there is no prize money for this match.
Not posted at website!

Well in theory FIDE demands 1 million euro prizefund - yet it's not clear who sponsors this. For sure not the FIDE president.

So they will only make money betting or selling games.
If you are playing brilliantly like Magnus and 1 point ahead it's easy to do so.

What Anand is doing - don't bet money at this guy. He basically can make money when Magnus already is dominating the match or by losing.

Bd2 against Gruenfeld and Bf4 here is not exactly 'challenging' openingslines. It's total draw.
It's that in game 1, magnus went for a win with black, causing seemingly Anand to get some advantage in game 1,
which made the game still interesting to see.

I guess though Magnus doesn't want to get behind. Yet the few bookmakers that allow betting,
they have current odds at you have to put in 33 euro to make 1 euro, risking losing it all, in game 4, for betting at Magnus drawing or winning the game.

So there is no money to make by betting on normal results.

We shall see what the players will do. My guess is Magnus doesn't want to get behind now in score and following greedy Kasparov has to get ahead first to again toy like he did do.

It's very clear though, for me as a titled chess player that Magnus is dominating this match.

What Anand is doing this match is kind of: "i don't want to lose my white games" type approach.

That's not a recipe to win a match.
That's what losers do.
diep is offline   Reply With Quote