mersenneforum.org  

Go Back   mersenneforum.org > Fun Stuff > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-21, 15:48   #1
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

22×5×373 Posts
Default Jobs

My company has positions available in information assurance
and crypto development. We are looking to hire. There are some
requirements besides the obviously required technical background.

(1) U.S. Citizen
(2) Have, or are eligible to get a security clearance.

Send me your resume or leave me private email.
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 05:24   #2
davieddy
 
davieddy's Avatar
 
"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

2×3×13×83 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
My company has positions available in information assurance
and crypto development. We are looking to hire. There are some
requirements besides the obviously required technical background.

(1) U.S. Citizen
(2) Have, or are eligible to get a security clearance.

Send me your resume or leave me private email.
With or without baked beans.

Last fiddled with by davieddy on 2009-09-22 at 05:24
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 06:02   #3
xilman
Bamboozled!
 
xilman's Avatar
 
"π’‰Ίπ’ŒŒπ’‡·π’†·π’€­"
May 2003
Down not across

10,267 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davieddy View Post


With or without baked beans.
That's rather unfair.

Bob undoubtedly posted an advert but, to my mind, it was appropriate for the location in which he posted it.

Perhaps you should see the real spam which we mods have to deal with on a daily basis to appreciate the difference between those and Bob's posting.


Paul
xilman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 08:00   #4
davieddy
 
davieddy's Avatar
 
"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

2×3×13×83 Posts
Default

Conceded.
My post was really intended as a humorous response to this one:

http://mersenneforum.org/showpost.ph...4&postcount=20

David
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 09:56   #5
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

1D2416 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilman View Post
That's rather unfair.

Bob undoubtedly posted an advert but, to my mind, it was appropriate for the location in which he posted it.

Perhaps you should see the real spam which we mods have to deal with on a daily basis to appreciate the difference between those and Bob's posting.


Paul
I was trying to do these morons a favor. Jobs are *scarse* these days.
It isn't an advertisement; it is a SERVICE to the audience.
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 14:41   #6
Orgasmic Troll
Cranksta Rap Ayatollah
 
Orgasmic Troll's Avatar
 
Jul 2003

12018 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
I was trying to do these morons a favor. Jobs are *scarse* these days.
It isn't an advertisement; it is a SERVICE to the audience.
these morons? Really selling that job environment there.
Orgasmic Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 16:52   #7
R.D. Silverman
 
R.D. Silverman's Avatar
 
Nov 2003

22·5·373 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgasmic Troll View Post
these morons? Really selling that job environment there.
My bad. I should have referred to "moron", singular, in response
to the complaint that my public service announcement was spam.
R.D. Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 20:25   #8
davieddy
 
davieddy's Avatar
 
"Lucan"
Dec 2006
England

145128 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
My bad. I should have referred to "moron", singular, in response
to the complaint that my public service announcement was spam.
The prospect of working for you is mouthwatering.
davieddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 02:05   #9
Primeinator
 
Primeinator's Avatar
 
"Kyle"
Feb 2005
Somewhere near M50..sshh!

2×3×149 Posts
Default

Dr. Silverman was just trying to be polite. He's right, good jobs are not especially bountiful these days. The offer sounds interesting, but I have no technical experience in that area and I am pursuing an M.D., Ph.D. - which is where my passion is.
Primeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 02:40   #10
flouran
 
flouran's Avatar
 
Dec 2008

72·17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
I was trying to do these morons a favor. Jobs are *scarse* these days.
It isn't an advertisement; it is a SERVICE to the audience.
Learn to spell scarce.
flouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 02:41   #11
flouran
 
flouran's Avatar
 
Dec 2008

15018 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.D. Silverman View Post
My bad. I should have referred to "moron", singular, in response
to the complaint that my public service announcement was spam.
It wasn't a complaint as much as it was a humorous joke by the great davieddy .

Last fiddled with by flouran on 2009-09-23 at 02:41
flouran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pausing CUDA jobs fivemack Software 0 2013-11-27 23:50
How many jobs should I run? Warlord Software 12 2013-10-11 22:18
R.I.P. Steve Jobs ewmayer Lounge 40 2011-10-23 19:44
How are you running your nfs jobs schickel Factoring 7 2009-02-26 01:06
Filtering on large NFS jobs, particularly 2^908+1 bdodson Factoring 20 2008-11-26 20:45

All times are UTC. The time now is 16:55.

Thu Oct 1 16:55:01 UTC 2020 up 21 days, 14:05, 0 users, load averages: 1.62, 1.54, 1.59

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum has received and complied with 0 (zero) government requests for information.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
A copy of the license is included in the FAQ.