Old 2011-07-09, 00:16   #1
LiquidNitrogen

Jun 2011
Henlopen Acres, Delaware

7×19 Posts
Default On advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
If anyone is interested, I have a Win64 build of sr2sieve. It is twice as fast as a Win32 build. You must have a 64-bit version of Windows to run. I had to monkey with the code a little to get it to build, but that was just to address external symbols and none of the binary code. Send me a PM with your e-mail address if you are interested. I could probably do the same with Geoff's other sieving programs, but I'm going to hold off for now. I sent an e-mail to Geoff hoping that he will provide the release himself.
I'll give it a shot. I've been reading up on Riesel and there seems to be a widely-scattered, loosely-connected bundle of pages (from a newcomer's perspective). I would recommend sieving your own analog output!

You can find my email address on the contact section of this page:

Last fiddled with by akruppa on 2011-07-11 at 09:21
LiquidNitrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 09:23   #2
akruppa

"Nancy"
Aug 2002
Alexandria

46438 Posts

Once again, don't use mersenneforum for advertising your business. The home page link in your profile is fine, other "convenient links" to your company website or related sites are not.
akruppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 23:00   #3
LiquidNitrogen

Jun 2011
Henlopen Acres, Delaware

7×19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akruppa View Post
Once again, don't use mersenneforum for advertising your business.
Perhaps you don't understand the concept of advertising, so let me explain it to you.

First, a series of meetings ensues a management initiative to expand sales in a given geographical region. Usually banter, weak rhetoric, and political motives dominate the first few meetings, until the first really good idea emerges, then everyone not associated with it tries to take credit for it.

Then, focus groups are convened. They are fed as many questions as they can tolerate, before they threaten to walk out of the focus group, even at the expense of forfeiting their pay.

Next, marketing analysts pour over the data returned by the many, many focus group meetings, and they come up with a Marketing Campaign Plan. Note: This is a not a marketing campaign yet, it is a plan to suggest what the nature of the marketing campaign might look like.

Next, middle managers tell the marketing analysts why they got it all wrong, and tell them to start over. The marketing analysts shake their heads, tell the middle managers they should try staying up past 10 PM once in a while, and suggest they listen to a 'hip' radio station at least for 20 minutes a week.

Several campaign plans later, the middle managers have gotten worn down, and they finally say "Fine, just do it!"

By this time, the marketing analysts think they have "won," but, in reality, they've burned through 85% of the time allocated for the whole project, and they only have 15% to actually implement a working campaign.

Many weeks of late-nights at the office later, they submit their actual campaign for review. The middle managers usually say "WTF! This doesn't match your Marketing Campaign Plan that we signed off on!" and the marketing analysts argue for the next few meetings that it does. In fact, it's a "great campaign" and the middle managers better approve it, because it airs in less than 48 hours and the budget has already been approved for it.

Reluctantly, middle management agrees, then reports to "Upper Management" that the entire campaign process ran smoothly, and all is well.

Upper Management says "Thanks, good job. We have another demographic for you to analyze the day after the campaign hits."

And the cycle repeats.

So, if you think posting a single link to our webpage has any impact on our advertising process, or if you think any revenue gets generated by posting a single link to any discussion board anywhere on this planet, I hate to tell you, you have no clue what the heck you are talking about.

Last fiddled with by LiquidNitrogen on 2011-07-12 at 23:03
Old 2011-07-13, 10:35   #4
akruppa

"Nancy"
Aug 2002
Alexandria

46438 Posts

I never asked you whether it was advertising in your opinion. I told you that it was in mine. Stop doing it or be banned.
akruppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 18:14   #5
LiquidNitrogen

Jun 2011
Henlopen Acres, Delaware

7·19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akruppa View Post
I never asked you whether it was advertising in your opinion. I told you that it was in mine.
Advertising is a concentrated effort to find the most appealing representation of a product to candidate buyers.

Your opinion represents a misinformed view.

Your attitude indicates you decline to learn when presented with new information that should supplant the old.

To wallow in such ignorance, is to forever be a child.

Last fiddled with by LiquidNitrogen on 2011-07-13 at 18:15
Old 2011-07-13, 18:42   #6
Thomas11

Feb 2003

111100000002 Posts

How is this all related to the topic of this thread: New Sieving Software ???

If you don't want to do any primality testing or sieving here, then please leave our RPS sub-forum and post your ideas somewhere else!

Last fiddled with by Thomas11 on 2011-07-13 at 18:44
Thomas11 is offline   Reply With Quote