akruppa

"Nancy"
Aug 2002
Alexandria

2,467 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTn
You are so mean spirited!

Besides, it still shows up in the math section above all other topics.
I and others, like to check for any real new "math" threads.
When this thread is in the way, we then have to enter the math section which can take up to ten seconds with dial-up connection speed.
Or you could at least try to be clever and click the "Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search" subboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTn
We essentially are now required to pay the TROLL price, so ewmayer and crew, can take delight in poking fun at people with mental disabilities.

Edit added flame
What's next should we Zig Heil too?
Like I said, this thread's got it all.

Alex
akruppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 12:03   #90
TTn

1,249 Posts

Quote:
Or you could at least try to be clever and click the "Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search" subboard.
Does viewing it this way stop the crank thread from showing as a math thread?
Even if it is so, then it is still not desired behaviour.

Last fiddled with by ewmayer on 2006-02-28 at 20:05 Reason: Beyond the norms of good taste.
Old 2006-02-28, 20:11   #91
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2×5,783 Posts

Shane, may I suggest you keep your bizarre Nazi-imagery fetishes to yourself? Or are you so bored that you're trolling for yet another banning from the forum?
ewmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 22:13   #92
akruppa

"Nancy"
Aug 2002
Alexandria

2,467 Posts

TTn,
a shame... for a brief while I thought you might be trying to grow up, possibly in an effort to earn moderator status. Guess I was wrong. Or were you? In that case, your effort sure didn't last long.

As for this thread: we don't lock threads just for kicks, and not to keep one guy's preferred links on the front page, either.

Alex
Old 2006-03-01, 00:04   #93
TTn

5×1,327 Posts
Default End

You guys make me sick, so much so that I actually want to vomit. (on you)
I am banning this forum from my company forever.

Just look how mature you both are.. with your stuffed animal and dumb simpson cartoon avatars. Go ahead and make fun of lesser intellecuals for your own self-validation. I will no longer be part of it.

Wishes,
Shane Findley
TTn
Old 2006-03-01, 07:48   #94
akruppa

"Nancy"
Aug 2002
Alexandria

2,467 Posts

That is Futurama, not Simpsons. Anyway, goodbye.

Alex
Old 2006-03-01, 17:45   #95
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2D2E16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTn
You guys make me sick, so much so that I actually want to vomit. (on you)
I am banning this forum from my company forever.
That right, we didn't break up with you, because you broke up with us first, and stuff.

Quote:
Just look how mature you both are.. with your stuffed animal and dumb simpson cartoon avatars.
The fact that you judge people based on their randomly-assigned forum avatars (which I don't even look at anymore - I always browse with image-rendering disabled) strikes me as rather risible. Mike (Xyzzy) just assigned me some avatar when I first signed on, and since it was nonoffensive and otherwise utterly unimportant to me, I didn't bother to change it to something way-kewl and, like, totally embodying the character and life-aspirations of the user, man...

Quote:
Go ahead and make fun of lesser intellecuals for your own self-validation. I will no longer be part of it.
Does that constitute a promise, or will it be forgotten as soon as you go off your meds again? Anyway, I intend to hold you to it.

Getting back on-topic: I've tested MM127 up to k = 2^48 (that means candidate factors up to 176 bits), and found no factors. Currently (in my little spare time) I'm writing some PowerPC factoring code enhancements that will allow Mac users to sieve efficiently (at the moment, the platforms of choice, because they all have screamingly fast 64-bit integer multiply are AMD64, Alpha and Itanium). Once I get the Mac code debugged and running decently fast, I intend to organize a (relatively small-scale and low-tech) distributed search for a small factor of MM127. It would be nice to eventually go up to (say) 192 bits.
Old 2006-03-03, 04:45   #96
Paulie

Aug 2002

223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer
Getting back on-topic: I've tested MM127 up to k = 2^48 (that means candidate factors up to 176 bits), and found no factors. Currently (in my little spare time) I'm writing some PowerPC factoring code enhancements that will allow Mac users to sieve efficiently (at the moment, the platforms of choice, because they all have screamingly fast 64-bit integer multiply are AMD64, Alpha and Itanium). Once I get the Mac code debugged and running decently fast, I intend to organize a (relatively small-scale and low-tech) distributed search for a small factor of MM127. It would be nice to eventually go up to (say) 192 bits.
Ohh, I have a little iMac G5 2Ghz I'd be happy to lend a hand with. Running M32xxxxxx w/Mlucas takes a while (started Jan 1st).

Would Apple Xgrid be considered too high tech? :)

Last fiddled with by Paulie on 2006-03-03 at 04:47
Paulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 16:56   #97
Greenbank

Jul 2005

6028 Posts

I'll point Rogue (Mark R) to this thread. He's done some amazingly fast G5 PowerPC code for expmod and mulmod.

My Quad PowerMac G5 (2.5GHz) is going all out sieving for SoB + PSP at the moment.
Greenbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 17:07   #98
ewmayer
2ω=0

Sep 2002
República de California

2·5,783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie
Ohh, I have a little iMac G5 2Ghz I'd be happy to lend a hand with. Running M32xxxxxx w/Mlucas takes a while (started Jan 1st).
Hopefully some of the stuff I'm doing to try to speed the factoring (though the G5 does quite well with its much-improved-over-the-G4 64-bit integer multiply capabilities), in particular inlining of fused floating-point mul/add instructions, will also prove useful in speeding up the LL-test core. But the Apple C compiler (basically a souped-up version of gcc) tends to do a pretty sucky job with floating-point optimization, so I'm gonna need to write some larger ASM macros for key FFT-kernel code, as well. The factoring code, being much smaller than the LL-test stuff, tends to be a useful vehicle for trying these kinds of ASM-tweaks out before committing to larger-scale effort.
Old 2006-03-04, 02:52   #99
clowns789

Jun 2003
The Computer

1100000002 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmayer
I've been interested in that for a while. I think I've asked a similar question but what is the approximate speed difference between what you plan on having your code on and using Factor_4?
clowns789 is offline   Reply With Quote