Thread: Compiling Phrot
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-04, 18:21   #9
tnerual

Oct 2006

7×37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
One more thing, although the test results are from LLR, I have finally been able to build and run phrot on a Core 2 Duo.

phrot is about 33% faster than LLR for bases that are not powers of 2. LLR is still king (by a long shot) for bases that are powers of 2. phrot can produce residues that are compatible with LLR, so PRP tests with phrot are valid. I have run a number of tests and have verified that it is running correctly. I'm switching over to it as I write this.

BTW, I haven't tested this on a P4, but I think it would have similar results. If anyone needs help setting it up, let me know. BTW, I have made a couple of changes to Phil's latest version of phrot that might be useful to anyone choosing to go that route.
just for info: using phil's last version on base 6 (anonymous: it's a fast test, gary have all residues to compare with the llrnet output), i have timings up to 2,8 times faster (processor: centrino duo, same test, one core with llr one with phrot)

phrot seems extremely fast with amd and "old fashioned" intel ... (or more precisely, LLR sucks with these processors)

Last fiddled with by tnerual on 2008-04-04 at 18:22
tnerual is offline   Reply With Quote