Old 2008-04-04, 18:12   #7
rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

11001010001012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
Okay. I already had a copy of the latest version of phrot as found here in the forum, which I'd noticed doesn't save the intermediate results as you said--I was wondering whether that was one of your "small modifications" that you made, I guess not.

Anyway, though, thanks for the tips--I'll be sure to do all then as soon as you can send me the source for phrot.
I don't recall all of the changes I made. I know that I did add an ini file so that it knows which line was the last line it processed. I also added an unrolled version of the modular reduction code that gives a 15% speed-up on PowerPC. There is no speed-up on x86 as the unrolled code is geared towards RISC CPUs. I also added reverse video (as I did for command line LLR) so that PRPs can easily been seen when scrolling through the terminal.

I believe that I also modified the Makefile to build two versions, one with and one without -DERRCHECK. I think I also added a -o option to write the results to an output file in addition to stdout. The -DERRCHECK is only needed when using bases that are powers of 2.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote