rogue

"Mark"
Apr 2003
Between here and the

23×3×263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by monst View Post
Hello Rogue,

I've been using MultiSieve and gcwsieve a lot recently. I was wondering if there is any way to run the Windows version of MultiSieve from the command line. If not, what are the chances of "reverting back" with this feature? Did you ever release a version with the "SieveUntil" option that you put in for me in Nov, 2005? I would like to retain that capability.

Also... a performance question for you and Geoff:
Several years back, you mentioned that it was more efficient to sieve GCs and GWs at the same time in MultiSieve. Is this also true for gcwsieve? ... or would it be more efficient to sieve them separately?

Thanks,

-- monst
Which sieve option are you referring to?

If you mean Cullens and Woodalls, then it would be easy to modify gcwsieve so that MultiSieve wouldn't be needed. I sent the code to Geoff a while ago, but he hasn't implemented it yet. In lieu of that you can use MultiSieve to sieve up to a point where p > max n, then switch to gcwsieve.

BTW, I haven't touched the code in a while. If desired (and Geoff has the time), he and I could easily craft other stand-alone programs to replace the different parts of MultiSieve. They would undoubtably be much faster than the last incarnation of my program.
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote