Old 2018-04-16, 22:19   #2
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

25·3·47 Posts
Default Addendum

Too late to add an edit...

I'm not just seeing already factored C100s. I'm seeing it for all the area from 79 dd through 100 dd, and I'm not seeing a huge number, but I've de-conflicted my machines by adding a check file, which "mostly" prevents one from working the same number as another of my machines. I also realize that there are other workers that are solely doing composites in the same area (at least C100s) and these duplications will be unavoidable.

However, I'm not sure how many may be in a situation similar to the thread I referenced earlier. I know there is at least one perl script that runs Aliquot sequences based on the last line in the db, as I have also used that script in the past.

The reason I mentioned yafu@home was because of all the reservations I saw that were passing through the 79-100 dd area. In fact, that crossing may not be as frequent as one would believe from the table on the "Blue Page," since it is a static snapshot. But, I did watch a couple of the sequences in the db and saw that my machines took many of the composites as they showed up. Without a bit of work, I don't have a method to see if my machine or yafu@home's system, (or maybe someone else), may have turned in the factors.

Of course, the overall goal is to advance the db and I'm happy doing my part. I only bring this up in case there is a manner in which we might minimize some duplication.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote