Old 2021-01-16, 02:14   #3
Viliam Furik

"Viliam Furík"
Jul 2018
Martin, Slovakia

2·373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssybesma View Post
That person indicated a disk space issue may be the problem, but that's not the case.
I assume you run version 30.x because I think you have mentioned you do.

Disk space is used for storing the residues needed for the generation of the proof, and storing the proof file itself. I am not sure how the mprime window looks, but in Windows, it prints out info about how much disk space it will use for the proof process. I assume the same is true for Linux.

So, you have to set the disk space maximum allowed usage yourself. If I recall correctly, current wavefront exponents, about 105M, use about 3 GB of disk space, plus about 120 MB proof file.

If your disk space is set to sufficiently more than you need for the test, and it still crashes, only then you can claim it's not a problem.

LL test doesn't create a proof file, so it only stores the backup files, for which there is no storage limit AFAIK, only the size of free disk space itself.

If your disk space limit is too low, it makes perfect sense LL would run, while PRP would crash. If it's not, well, then George should probably look into it.
Viliam Furik is offline   Reply With Quote