Old 2022-04-26, 16:52   #35
storm5510
Random Account

Aug 2009
Not U. + S.A.

2,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
We forgot to mention that this part of your repair doesn't make any sense. It would make sense, maybe, if you had a carburetor-equipped truck, but yours is fuel-injected. Also, you'd have to crank the engine for a very very long time for the gas to wash by the rings enough to contaminate the oil.

PS - One tip on FI cars: If you do manage to flood the engine, press the gas pedal all the way to the floor and crank it for 5-10 seconds. Doing so turns off the fuel in most cars and allows you to clear the flooding.
I tried it more than a few times the day it would not start. Enough so that the battery started getting weak. I tried holding the pedal on the floor several times. It did not help.

It was indicated to me that something was not right with the air/fuel mixture. I cannot remember how they worded it though. Now, it runs smoother and somewhat warmer, but not hot. It does not even sound the same. Back in the carb days, one would thin the mixture by adjusting the needle valves. How that would be done with computer controlled fuel injection, I do not know. The extra heat could be the result of a thinner mixture.
storm5510 is offline   Reply With Quote