Old 2018-04-17, 13:31   #4
EdH

"Ed Hall"
Dec 2009
Adirondack Mtns

2×5×11×43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
Keep in mind, that factoring a composite doesn't increase the Aliquot Secenece in factordb. To add the next step to the Aliquot Sequence you have to fetch the sequence from factordb.
I can see that as true. A sequence isn't advanced until queried. And, I might be quite wrong, but doesn't your script, (at least the perl one I think is from you), upload factors found and then query the db for the next composite that is blocking the sequence? If this is true, is the composite not appearing in the composite listing at that time? If so, you have initiated a factorization locally and added the composite to the db until such time as it is factored. If an "elf" picks the composite up before it is finished by your local machine, there is no way of knowing it has been factored until the elf's factors are submitted.

And, I must admit that I don't know what is being run for yafu@home scripts. I am only referencing the ali.pl script which I am a little more familiar with and I would think others are using.

In conclusion, though, based on the above, the db would not advance a sequence without intervention and therefore the only option would be offline work, which would present a different challenge.

This isn't a huge problem and I hope I didn't make it seem larger than it is. I'll go back to my own yard...

Thanks for the reply and for some great perl scripts.
EdH is offline   Reply With Quote