Old 2011-07-16, 19:55   #56
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

3×2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd_barnes View Post
HUH? No!! Why would you think that I was all of a sudden asking about he DB prime list? I've never seen an issue with that. I asked about how often the prime list that you created at http://www.noprimeleftbehind.net/llrnet/primes_8000.txt is updated. See my original link.

Dave, no need to respond to Max's question.
That one should be updated every 15 minutes with the rest of the status page. Looking right now at the llrnet-status-pagegen.pl code (which generates that page and handles the primes_xxxx.txt files), I confirm that it does indeed append primes to the respective log files immediately after counting up the totals for how many results each user has submitted since the start of the day.

I'm not sure how anything could end up temporarily missing from that log, then show up later; the script runs every 15 minutes (more precisely, at :01, :15, :30, and :45 after the hour) and at that time adds any new primes to the log. Any further script runs that day will see that the prime is already present in the log and not add it again. The only possibility I can think of is that a prime was reported in the forum before the 15-minute page update caught it, that is, you spotted the prime directly in one of your clients' logs rather than seeing it first in the notification email.
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote