Old 2019-10-07, 19:28   #1
chalsall
If I May

"Chris Halsall"
Sep 2002
Barbados

249F16 Posts
Default GPU72 Notebook Integration...

As some of you might know, several of us have been having great fun over in the Google Colaboratory Notebook? thread -- learning about Notebook instances...

Since the GPU72 integration is just a small "proof-of-concept" part of the bigger picture, I wanted to fork out further discussions specific to GPU72 here.

An update:

1. Everyone is now running version 0.32 of the Bootstrap payload.

1.1. This fixes a SPE with the regular expression (regex) which was (very rarely) extracting the GHzD/D and IntrT values incorrectly. (Always remember: regex patterns are "greedy"!)

2. I have reduced the recycling period from twelve (12) to three (3) hours.

2.1. So long as no-one sees anything odd, I should be able to bring this down to perhaps as low as 30 minutes.

2.2. The temporal delta value is calculated from Last Updated or Assigned, whichever is youngest.

3. I /might/ have an odd race condition going on in the TF'ing instances. I have seen extremely rare cases on some of my own machines where an assignment is given, but then not reported on. Further drill-down shows it doesn't appear in the worktodo files either.

3.1. The system will automatically recover from this if and whenever it happens, but I don't like things happening which I don't understand. It means I've made a mistake somewhere...

As always, observations welcomed...
chalsall is offline   Reply With Quote