Old 2008-04-26, 01:50   #6
mdettweiler
A Sunny Moo

Aug 2007
USA (GMT-5)

186916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEP View Post
The Riesel base 3 is tested up to k=2M and n=25k. There is a 12 remaining k's and the ranges up to 100M is in progress at once. I found that taking the k to only n=5,000 and then do sieve of the remaining k's is much more efficient (about 90% faster). Is anyony by the way knowing of a great way to sieve many different k values from n=5,001 to n=25,000? I used to use NewPGen, but it requires a great deal of manual work to prepare the sieve files. Once the sieve files is prepared Sr1sieve can be used, using a .bat file and then sieveing will be rather easy, but anyone with a great idea to speedup and reduce the amont of manual work, please consider replying to me :)

On other notice to gary: I'm not working on the base 12 k=404 (sierpinski) since it appears that my reservation did not come through, and also I feel like wanting to do more somewhere else e.g. Base 3 Riesel Conjecture :)
Use srsieve to start the sieving (it can accept a file with a list of k's as input--just enter one expression, such as 123*3^n-1, per line), then when you've reached about p=0.5G or so, switch to sr2sieve. It's much faster, and easier, than using NewPGen/sr1sieve for each individual k.

As for your base 12 k=404 reservation not going through, Gary is on vacation so though he can get on mersenneforum a couple times a day, he can't update any of the web pages. So, even though it's not marked on the page yet, your reservation is still OK--though if you don't want to search it after all that's fine too.

Last fiddled with by mdettweiler on 2008-04-26 at 01:51
mdettweiler is offline   Reply With Quote